Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Yaoi vs. Yuri Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I like...
  Yaoi!
  Yuri!
  Yaoi and Yuri!
  Chocolate!!! XD
View Results

Vinny Bertolli

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:07 am
HieiBabyGirl
x~Ho-sama~x
HieiBabyGirl
Never really read yuri, but some of the pictures were...horrible. The only ones that seem to be drawn well is Meg x Jo from Burst Angel...But I love my yaoi boys...
*wonders if Hiei would go for Kurama covered in chocolate ice cream like I would*
OMG.....

*faints of nosebleed*
Yay! I have defiled Ho-sama's mind! *puts a tally in her sketch book*
LOL.....not like "defiling" me is a hard thing to do.... wink sweatdrop xd  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:10 am
x~Ho-sama~x
HieiBabyGirl
x~Ho-sama~x
HieiBabyGirl
Never really read yuri, but some of the pictures were...horrible. The only ones that seem to be drawn well is Meg x Jo from Burst Angel...But I love my yaoi boys...
*wonders if Hiei would go for Kurama covered in chocolate ice cream like I would*
OMG.....

*faints of nosebleed*
Yay! I have defiled Ho-sama's mind! *puts a tally in her sketch book*
LOL.....not like "defiling" me is a hard thing to do.... wink sweatdrop xd
Me either...I twist anything my friends say...It's all good.  

Broken Hearted Hiei

ph34r t3h b3cc4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:15 pm
x~Ho-sama~x
Lainy122
I completely agree with you - there is very little yuri manga out there that is even worth mentioning, yet there is awesome yaoi beyond the conceivable imagination. Why? I have no idea. Women are the prominent fanbase of both genres, so I have no idea why people seem more confident in drawing/writing/reading yaoi as opposed to yuri.

Perhaps the market simply isn't there? I know a lot more yaoi fans than yuri fans. Although they are very similiar in my mind....
Seriously, more than once, I've cried while reading yaoi. crying

Is the yuri fandom really mostly women? I think someone earlier said it was mostly men...(I don't know)

Well, aside from yaoi and yuri, in popular Western culture, it's always the "gay man" that gets more emphasis than the "lesbian woman." There's Queer Eye, the guy they always have to have on makeover shows, etc., but lesbians hardly get any attention. I guess it's similar in Japan too. We always see those J-rockers that are all femmy, but we don't see a whole lot of women...*shrugs* Just thought I'd bring that up.

But that's the way- uh-huh, uh-huh -I like it. x3  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:04 pm
I like both. Though I admit, there is not as much yuri/GL out there as I'd like. Either that, or I'm just not looking hard enough. sweatdrop
I've probably seen more yaoi/BL anyway, so I settle for whatever I can get my hands on.  

Pinnate Butterfly

Sei-Knight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:23 pm
I love yaoi. Not really into Yuri. Mostly i think the mangas suck compared to yaoi because they are aimed more towards men. I mean ask a guy if he would like to see two girls going at it and most of them are all for it. That having been said they don't really need plot cause all they would want is the the sex. Most yaoi lovers are into the story. I look at pic of Ed and Roy from FMA and i start to think of a whole back story that would go to the pic. heart Yuri doesn't inspire that kind of reaction in me. stare I think i just got fed up hearing a lot of my guy friends rant about how hot they think it is. scream Oh well. I hope i didn't offend anyone and if i'm repeating something someone already said... Sorry! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:33 am
Where is 'het' on that poll?

Because it's not as if I'm not a yaoi fangirl - it's just that I do like het. Really. A lot. At least as much as yaoi.

Yuri can be cute, but it doesn't stir the hormones.  

Lucca Ashtear

Vinny Bertolli

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:15 pm
Lucca Ashtear
Where is 'het' on that poll?

Because it's not as if I'm not a yaoi fangirl - it's just that I do like het. Really. A lot. At least as much as yaoi.

Yuri can be cute, but it doesn't stir the hormones.
Oh! Hahahaha! You can just pretend that "Chocolate" is Het. ^^

......... sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:18 pm
Sei-Knight
I love yaoi. Not really into Yuri. Mostly i think the mangas suck compared to yaoi because they are aimed more towards men. I mean ask a guy if he would like to see two girls going at it and most of them are all for it. That having been said they don't really need plot cause all they would want is the the sex. Most yaoi lovers are into the story. I look at pic of Ed and Roy from FMA and i start to think of a whole back story that would go to the pic. heart Yuri doesn't inspire that kind of reaction in me. stare I think i just got fed up hearing a lot of my guy friends rant about how hot they think it is. scream Oh well. I hope i didn't offend anyone and if i'm repeating something someone already said... Sorry! sweatdrop
I don't think you offended anyone! ^^ Thanks for responding. I agree...It seems like men (most men) just don't care much for romance.  

Vinny Bertolli

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

oO-Ui-Oo

Friendly Puppy

13,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:32 pm
Yuri's ok not my kind of thing because i find females boring, im a male kinda girl i adore males, i like male personality's and i draw males.

i cant stand it when its all female its boring in my opinion, im more like a yaoi and ren-ai kinda gal, yuri is ok, i have yet to fall in love with my first ever yuri couple yet (i got my eyes on one though.)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:41 pm
@ Tenshi Esti Demona: I can kinda see where you're comin' from...I hate stories where the woman is just there to be "the woman." She's only necessary so the main guy can fall in love with her and she's like a footnote of the story. THAT pisses me off because when I woman is written with that disregard, she's bound to be boring and stereotypical.

But I think a female character can be way more interesting than a male one. It just all depends on the writer/artist. Females are not boring, the idiots that write females with that lack of creativity are.

Vinny Bertolli

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Pax et lux

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:08 pm
I'm a yuri-fangirl. Always have been, always will be. I just don't like the ever-so-tiring "marysue" that's just thrown in there. Ugh.

Yaoi is just much more easier to get ahold of. Sadly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:18 pm
heart yaoi heart is the way to go i hav nothing against yuri i jus dont check 4 it like i do yaoi 4laugh  

N I N J A _C H E E S E

woodworker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:10 pm
Yaoi has two guys in it, there for its the best. MMmmmm....guys. *drooling* wink  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:37 pm
Well, you bring up a good point, about there being very little good yuri. The only thing I can really think of is Revolutionary Girl Utena, and I'm not even really that crazy about that one. Yaoi's just more popular I think. But I like both.  

milkymosaic
Crew

[A-d-u-l-t_S-w-i-m]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:40 pm
I prefer yaoi but I do find myself looking for yuri now and then whee  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items