Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
[Girls are Lesbians For Reading Yaoi?] Hypocritical Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

retice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:14 pm
I don't think people have ill-intent or are being stupid for asking because personally I think if I didn't like it I'd ask the same thing. It's not so much ridiculous as it is misunderstanding. How can they possibly hope to see the lack of logic in being a lesbian for watching two boys making out if they have a limited understanding on why you do it? Stumbling upon something like this probably leads to a shocked thought pattern that can only figure that reading about gay people = you're interested in the gay community = you're gay yourself. If my parents find out I'm sure that's the first conclusion they would come to before I explain it to them.
All you have to do is explain that the whole reason you like yaoi/BL is BECAUSE you don't want to read about females - if that applies to you. I wouldn't react in an insulted manner unless they meant it to be insulting, which I'm sure for the most part isn't the case.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:25 pm
WHAT EVER!!!!!!!!! just because a girl reas yaoi does NOT mean she's lesbian lol.. she's just a bit perverted.. and open minded but well hey two guyz getting it on IS hot.. and if a guy can get turned on my girl on girl.. why can't a perfectly straight girl get turned on by guy on guy??? lol screw them it's hot so watever  

loc0pnay89

Lady Sang

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:42 pm
    That's just stupid. The type of pairing you like has absolutely NOTHING to do with your sexual preferences. Whoever thinks that way is just ignorant...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:49 am
Graceful crisis
When I came out about yaoi shounen ai .
Mommy looked at me like I was a maniac .
Then she asked "Are you lesbian?"
And
"If you want we can go to a lesbian/gay nightclub?"
It's just plain wierd ..
I ignore it heart 3nodding

Your mom? @.@
I thought an adult would have some more intelligence. . .
Gah, I'ma only thirteen, who'm I kidding? ;_;

Timeskip.Akatsuki.Fangirl

dragontemp5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:23 am
actually, i'm a lesbian and i luv yaoi, of course yuri holds a bigger place, but there's a lot more yaoi out there then yuri. i also enjoy hetero, so just cause i'm a lesbian doesn't mean i only enjoy yuri. does that make ay sense? stare  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:15 pm
If it's a guy does something, it's okay & a "guy-thing".

If it's a chick does it, it's wierd and unnatural.

I call it 'double morale'. scream

hejko the Platypusdragon

Hilarious Shapeshifter

C h i p p y

6,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:28 pm
It is one of the unfair things in life. I am also confused. Why does watching two guys get it on make a girl lesbian? I am afraid to tell my mom I like it beacuse she already has a sneaking suspision I am lesbian, though I have a boyfriend. stressed And how do I say "Hey mom! Don't take it the wrong way but I like to look at pictures of boys making out and having hot steamy mansex and even play with people online and pretend to be a gay boy! Oh and we are out of milk." 0_o

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:27 pm
princessMeep
It's just dumb. Either ignore them or point out that a lesbian wouldn't really want to watch two guys get it on.

Cant have said anything more agreeable. >(

Fagosauris-Rex

Rackenov

1,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:40 pm
I've only been asked once or twice, but I agree. I've no idea why people thing that. It's quite peculiar. Anyway, I've been hit on by lesbians. XD It doesn't bother me, but it's just a little strange since I put up no front of liking girls. No idea. Oh well. To each their own, I suppose.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:48 pm
ph34r_t3h_b3cc4
If someone called me a lesbian, I'd beat their brains out with a blunt object, feed their brains to a cow, wait for the cow to get mad cow disease, kill the cow, and feed the cow to that person. surprised

I think that's gross. (Call me dumb and narrowminded) I do NOT like lesbians/bis at all. (I shouldn't be saying this, cuz I have a few bi friends rolleyes , but they're really cool people. ^^') But hey, don't judge me for being me. I don't judge you for being you. >.>

Anyhoo, no I have not been called a lesbian before for reading yaoi, and I just have not been called a lesbian in general. I hope I never get called one in the future, too.

Also, I don't understand why a girl would be called a lesbian for reading GAY manga. But I shouldn't be talking, since many people who read yaoi stuff aren't straight. neutral Used to make me wonder if I was the only straight girl who adored yaoi. ._.

Just ignore what I say. I'm obviously going to get criticized for what I just said. :XP:

Ph34r m3h smili3s of d00m!!1!

You are. I find that very offensive.

I understand that you don't want to be called a lesbian, are not one to begin with, but I don't see why you have to be so hateful towards them. I don't hate straight girls; I'm just in-love with love. Love is beautiful in all shapes and forms, but that's not really what this is all about. >.>

Pax et lux

klausolas

Jeering Capitalist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:29 pm
ph34r_t3h_b3cc4
If someone called me a lesbian, I'd beat their brains out with a blunt object, feed their brains to a cow, wait for the cow to get mad cow disease, kill the cow, and feed the cow to that person. surprised

I think that's gross. (Call me dumb and narrowminded) I do NOT like lesbians/bis at all. (I shouldn't be saying this, cuz I have a few bi friends rolleyes , but they're really cool people. ^^') But hey, don't judge me for being me. I don't judge you for being you. >.>

Anyhoo, no I have not been called a lesbian before for reading yaoi, and I just have not been called a lesbian in general. I hope I never get called one in the future, too.

Also, I don't understand why a girl would be called a lesbian for reading GAY manga. But I shouldn't be talking, since many people who read yaoi stuff aren't straight. neutral Used to make me wonder if I was the only straight girl who adored yaoi. ._.

Just ignore what I say. I'm obviously going to get criticized for what I just said. :XP:

Ph34r m3h smili3s of d00m!!1!

Though what you said was offensive I won't hold it against you. I know many people with similar views and a few are my friends. Maybe the future will change your opinion maybe not either way at lerast you'll never be called a phony liar.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:13 pm
Once again, I apologize. I'll just delete my post. Just.. nevermind everything I just said.  

ph34r t3h b3cc4

Raion Ronin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:33 pm
klausolas
Can someone please explain to me why it is that If a guy reads a anything about two girls having sex he's straight if a little perverted but if I a girl read about two guys having sex I'm asked if I'm a lesbian. (Nothing against lesbians it's just been pissing me off)

well I dont think everyone thinks that of girls, but I know people that do....my mother is one of them lol. Im a girl in RL and I am straight as a steel nail, but I LOVE yaoi/shonen-ai/boy love (w/e u wanna call it these days) My mom, even tho ive had bf's and love guys in general, is determined im a lesbian for reading that stuff. Tho im not, I just think its the cutest darned thing EVER! lol I have many lesbian and bi girl friends tho that also read yaoi. Theyre prolly some of my coolest friends in the world too.....its funny how the world works, everything is so much nicer when your open minded and accepting. Something I learned more about in my cultural anthropology course last year. 1, my teacher was a lesbian, and 2 she was prolly the most accepting person I have ever met. Amazing woman....but back onto topic lol...

Also tho I think that society plays a part in what people think about it. Males on the one hand, are always known to think that 2 women making out is the most awesome thing ever..why I dont know..but stereotyping has something to do with it. On the other hand, 2 men making out, well acoriding to the media and society, that is a sign of weakness in the males. Men are portrayed as strong, straight, fearless people. and for some reason when the media portrays gays they always make them weaker and less "manly"....how that makes women lesbians for liking it while men are still straight after watching and liking 2 women make out....i dont think we will ever know >__>  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:46 am
Guys are just intimidated by us wanting to watch them screw eachother  

Fly_bitch_Fly

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out