Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Christian Wicca lol Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dulliath

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:14 am
Eshmasesh
Henry Dorsett Case
Eshmasesh
Morphenius

I'm speculating in the dark here because I still need to hear what your definition of "Wicca" is. But the question still seems to stand: If Wicca holds that there is a specific God and a specific Goddess, why can't their offspring be Christ?
um...is that suggesting that Mary Magdalene is a Goddess?
Because that completely destroys Jesus' intermediation between God and humans.
The Christian God requires sole worship, while Wicca requires equal worship between the male and female deities. It just can't work without messing with the basics of either religion.
Not sure it would elevate Mary Magdalene to the status of Goddess - perhaps Mary, mother of Jesus. In either case, the "Christian Wiccan" has moved beyond simple, broad eclecticism into full-blown willful syncretism. And of course, if they begin to deny the syncretic and internally-contradicting nature of their path, we all know what that makes them.
I'm gonna have to look up that word now 3nodding
...how is that not implied? Wicca has a God/Goddess which require equal worship, and if the offspring of the God/Goddess is Jesus, and Mary Magdalene gave birth to Jesus...wouldn't that automatically mean Mary Magdalene is a god?
Except that Mary Magdalene is not the Mary who is the mother of Jesus. Different Marys.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:17 am
Dulliath
Except that Mary Magdalene is not the Mary who is the mother of Jesus. Different Marys.
Crap, I'm an idiot xd  

Eshmasesh

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:40 am
Morphenius
When you say "Wicca," are you meaning to imply Gardenerian Wicca? Because by the assertion you give her, Morgana Wicca isn't a Wiccan path. They do maintain the "soft polytheistic" attitude at least to some degree.
Not just Gardenerian Wicca.

While Gardner did create the religion, he also set down what the religion itself was.

However, due to him using Wicca interchangeably with Witch, many people adopted the word Wicca to their personal bastardization of the public information on Gardner's witchcult.

TeaDidikai

I'm speculating in the dark here because I still need to hear what your definition of "Wicca" is. But the question still seems to stand: If Wicca holds that there is a specific God and a specific Goddess, why can't their offspring be Christ?

Couple reasons.

The first that comes to mind is that Yeshua's message was very much akin to Ahura Mazda's.

The second is that Yeshua was Jewish. Had Yeshua been speaking about deities other than YHVH, he would have put it into context where he outlines the shift from The Old Law to the Law of Agape.

There is also the little bit about The Law of Agape not being part of Wicca.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:04 am
Of note Phenius, by what you described, Saph Flame is about as Wiccan as say- my Mother.  

TeaDidikai

Boadicia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:27 pm
From my way of thinking, Christian Wicca is an oxymoron. The two religions have ideas that cannot be successfully blended without creating a completely different third religion. It can be done, but the result would be neither Christianity nor Wicca. For example, a man in India tried to combine Islam with Hinduism, and instead ended up with Sikhism, which is a different religion unto itself.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:18 pm
Boadicia
From my way of thinking, Christian Wicca is an oxymoron. The two religions have ideas that cannot be successfully blended without creating a completely different third religion. It can be done, but the result would be neither Christianity nor Wicca. For example, a man in India tried to combine Islam with Hinduism, and instead ended up with Sikhism, which is a different religion unto itself.

However, I think that is what they are suggesting. And I would argue that the assertion they can be combined at all is false.

Wicca is it's Mysteries. Christendom is Yeshua's Teachings. The two are mutually exclusive as aspects of Wicca violate the Law of Agape.  

TeaDidikai

godhi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:57 am
Boadicia

I agree with Miss Boadicia. You might be able to include Jesus Christ into a Wiccan belief system, but it would certainly be an eclectic one. However, as she points out you would not be Christian. This is explained in the Bible under two of the Ten Commandments:

arrow Thou shalt not worship any other Gods before me.
arrow Thou shalt not worship a graven image.

There are also several strictures in the Old Testament about practicing witchcraft, divination, and communication with the spirit world--which thereby prevents you from practicing Wicca as most people know it.
Sorry, folks. You can't have your sabbat cake and eat it, too.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:24 pm
godhi
However, as she points out you would not be Christian. This is explained in the Bible under two of the Ten Commandments:

arrow Thou shalt not worship any other Gods before me.
arrow Thou shalt not worship a graven image.
Both laws were nailed to the Cross. While Yeshua does address them again, explaining why they fit within the Law of Agape, a Soft Pantheistic view might work.

Quote:
There are also several strictures in the Old Testament about practicing witchcraft, divination, and communication with the spirit world--which thereby prevents you from practicing Wicca as most people know it.
Sorry, folks. You can't have your sabbat cake and eat it, too.
As for these... most of them are poor translations- that is to say, they are removed from the proper cultural context.  

TeaDidikai

Spartan1989

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:09 pm
Matthew 5:17-18

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law of the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is acomplished."

When Jesus nailed the Commandments to the cross it just showed them being satisfied by the sacrafice of the perfect lamb. It meant that The Law was not keeping anyone from getting to the Kingdom of heaven anymore. But as a Christian you are supposed to follow the Law because we believe the law is good. But, we will never ever be able to keep every single commandment and Thats why Jesus came because we couldnt go it alone.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:36 pm
Could we be using Wicca and Witchcraft interchangeably here? I know many people differentiate between the two, and therefore there are also many 'Christian Witches'. Still just as controversial, but I just wanted to clarify.  

DruidWitch82

Pelta

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:33 am
insanedramatic
Could we be using Wicca and Witchcraft interchangeably here?
No. Wicca is a specific religion. Witchcraft is a practise. There may be Christian Witches, but there cannot, by definition, by Christian Wiccans.

Hope that cleared things up. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:37 am
Pelta
No. Wicca is a specific religion. Witchcraft is a practise. There may be Christian Witches, but there cannot, by definition, by Christian Wiccans.

Yeah, it did smile

I actually think that's where alot of controversy comes in - so many people *do* use the terms 'Wiccan' and 'Witch' interchangeably, that it's almost to the point of having to clarify what you mean if you're a non-Wiccan Witch.  

DruidWitch82

Pelta

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:31 am
insanedramatic
Pelta

Yeah, it did smile

I actually think that's where alot of controversy comes in - so many people *do* use the terms 'Wiccan' and 'Witch' interchangeably, that it's almost to the point of having to clarify what you mean if you're a non-Wiccan Witch.
That's because they don't know what "Wicca" actually means. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:55 pm
Pelta
insanedramatic
Pelta

Yeah, it did smile

That's because they don't know what "Wicca" actually means. wink
I contest this assertion- While many Wiccans may disagree with Janet, as a Wiccan herself, I'd call it fair to say she knows.  

TeaDidikai

YamiYumes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:40 am
Okay...first of all, you can't be a Christian Wiccan because:

1) Wicca is seen as witchcraft. Witchcraft is and act of Lucifer, Satan, the Fallen One, etc. So that's a big no no in the eyes of Jehova.

2) Jehova himself said, "Thou shalt not have other Gods before me" Meaning any other type of divine being. You accept him as the "One True God" and that's that. No other Gods, or even Goddesses allowed.

3) Christ was born from a virgin, and was God put on Earth. He was both human and the 'Son of God'. How was he created? I have no idea, but it couldn't have been because of Jehova copulating since there ARE NO OTHER GODS according to that faith.

4) To be a Christian, you must accept Jesus as your Savior, the one who died for all your sins, etc. So virtually, you must believe in the Holy Trinity, which cannot be under any other name than what they are: The Father (Jehova), Son (Jesus), and The Holy Ghost (the thing that born-agains claim to have posess them).

Yeah...Rant over.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces