Reply Extended Discussion
--- THINKTANK --- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

2aetH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:14 am
There's recently been a new lighter-weight armor made of a kevlar-ceramic compund. Normally, it is an amorphous liquid, and easily flexible. However, when hit with brute force, it locks together to become virtually bulletproof.

On a related subject, a guy managed to install a microchip into his arm that allowed him to flex his fingers and make a robotic arm do the same.

Imagine if we harnessed this bio-mechanic wonder into a person, the robot's frame being equipped with cameras, motion sensors, and auditory equipment, as well as temperature sensors, all that fun. And we covered it in the kevlar compound.

You have a mecha that can be operated by a person moving about in a room miles away, who can see, sense, and hear everything the robot does. And it's bulletproof.

That, my friends, is our security.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:23 am
Yeah, I once designed a large dragon that was much like that, and more recently a wireless robotic hand. The term is animatronics. *Nods.* It's something that interested me for a few years. Also a great example of how kevlar works you can buy at a toy store.. the magic stuff known as silly putty... you can stretch it and mould it, but if you throw it against a hard surface it bounces because the more force applied to it, the stronger it gets. The surface tension of water is another good example.. but silly putty is better.. I have about $15 worth of it in my room (don't ask).  

Ndoki

MilkMan13

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:09 pm
[ D i z z y ]
isobel_bellamy
how about a club or bar or something?

Excellent Idea. A goth bar. And maybe a Vampire bar. 3nodding

ya, i think i bar would be cool , we could put it up with the other topices
(guild forum, report this guild, guild members, and guild homepage)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:11 pm
i think we could put a section aside that just has tabs for most of our subjectsa, that way we have instant acces to whatevr topic we want to go to quickly...... that way we don't have to look around for what were trying to fing  

MilkMan13

Sisemen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:34 am
Niraco
Since we're thinking... which is nicer on the eyes.

1. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. or 2. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This one

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:06 pm
I have an idea that while isn’t really original, I don’t see it implemented here so I wanted to suggested it.

What about a guild 1 vs. 1 avi contest? It could make money for the guild and well as be fun. A lot of the contests I have seen in the forums are 600-700 to enter and the prize is 1000. That gives us 100-200 for the guild to use for future prizes or whatever guild funds go to. Maybe even save that for a large prize for special events. I could see after it get to running smoothly starting a competition among the winners narrowing it down with 1 vs 1 until there are the top two and then prizes for 1st place or 1st and 2nd and maybe third by number of wins. I could even see a best noob contest with a lower entry fee and lower price so that the newer members also are able to play. I am thinking even different categories, best goth, best character from a movie, best overall, most creative.

Please let me know what you think of the idea. I would love to work with someone to brainstorm/implement it.  

DarkPrincesa

DieiNoctis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:21 am
Raeth+exe
There's recently been a new lighter-weight armor made of a kevlar-ceramic compund. Normally, it is an amorphous liquid, and easily flexible. However, when hit with brute force, it locks together to become virtually bulletproof.

On a related subject, a guy managed to install a microchip into his arm that allowed him to flex his fingers and make a robotic arm do the same.

Imagine if we harnessed this bio-mechanic wonder into a person, the robot's frame being equipped with cameras, motion sensors, and auditory equipment, as well as temperature sensors, all that fun. And we covered it in the kevlar compound.

You have a mecha that can be operated by a person moving about in a room miles away, who can see, sense, and hear everything the robot does. And it's bulletproof.
That, my friends, is our security.

If it could be done, it would have already been. While what you propose is a good idea, it isn't plausible right now. It will be within the next fifty years, and it will be implemented when it becomes plausible. (The U.S. Military hopes to have 30% of our military fully automatized by the year 2020.)

The problem lies in the complexity of robotics. A human-like balance is something that is extremely hard to achieve, especially if you wish to have speed as well. ASMIO, the most advanced robot (that I know of) still occasionally falls down stairs that were built for it to walk up. The other problem lies in human-robotic connections. Currently, we can connect humanity to technology on a very basic level. It's equivalent to welding nerves to wires. This works on basic mechanical systems, but if you wish to have something that will follow exact human motion, then the systems will need a more delicate, and accurate, form of communication.

Currently, if we implemented your idea, we would be left with a slow-moving, wobbly, and easily captured robot. Not to mention a severely disfigured human.
In the future, however, this will be easily achievable, due to more sophisticated surgery procedures, as well as nanotechnology. However, by the time it's feasible, it'll be more practical to just build a robot to do the job.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:58 pm
You know I had an idea for the theoretical successor to the Nuclear war head, the Anti-Matter Warhead, 5 times as destructive with a half life lasting a few minutes, the basic design of which encompasses a sphere within which the anti-matter particles lay dormant, outside of the sphere is a cushion of water which will act as a catalyst, when the sphere is broken, the anti-matter reacts with the water particles causing a large scale explosive reaction that has enough force to level an island... easily, the main worry is the casing for the sphere, which would need to be durable enough to survive transit from the rocket, but fragile enough to shatter on impact releasing the anti-matter.

Of course thats the basic over view, but in all the system and idea is still purely theoretical, just like the 'digital weapon' I've been toying with, which I call the 'aids computer virus'.  

Rellik San
Crew

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:58 pm
Rellik San
You know I had an idea for the theoretical successor to the Nuclear war head, the Anti-Matter Warhead, 5 times as destructive with a half life lasting a few minutes, the basic design of which encompasses a sphere within which the anti-matter particles lay dormant, outside of the sphere is a cushion of water which will act as a catalyst, when the sphere is broken, the anti-matter reacts with the water particles causing a large scale explosive reaction that has enough force to level an island... easily, the main worry is the casing for the sphere, which would need to be durable enough to survive transit from the rocket, but fragile enough to shatter on impact releasing the anti-matter.

Of course thats the basic over view, but in all the system and idea is still purely theoretical, just like the 'digital weapon' I've been toying with, which I call the 'aids computer virus'.

one flaw: how do you obtain anti-matter.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:50 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San

one flaw: how do you obtain anti-matter.

What do you think the Ion propulsion system on the voyager probe uses to create a long lasting low burn?  

Rellik San
Crew

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:48 pm
Rellik San
[
What do you think the Ion propulsion system on the voyager probe uses to create a long lasting low burn?

And now for the world outside of tv:  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:10 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San
[

The voyager space probe, is one that left our solar system a few years back

Here's a link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyager_2  

Rellik San
Crew

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:59 pm
Rellik San
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San
[

Here's a link:

NO! No astronomy!! LALALALALALALALALALALALALAAAAAA

Izzie has had to endure YEARS of that from her fathewr and will not tollerateit anywhere else.

Ok, bring anti-matter to earth.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:06 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San
[

Here's a link:

NO! No astronomy!! LALALALALALALALALALALALALAAAAAA

Izzie has had to endure YEARS of that from her fathewr and will not tollerateit anywhere else.

Ok, bring anti-matter to earth.

It already exists, its a matter of capturing it safely and storing it.

The launch platform would be an orbital bombardment platform in a non synchronous orbit.  

Rellik San
Crew

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas