Submit

Read them?
  Yes
  No
  Just here for the poll---gold
View Results

El Laberinto del Fauno

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:28 pm
Personally I think Mats character has stayed pretty constant all the way though but I'm never sure what rand's going to be like from book to book but then thats part of the thrill  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:29 pm
In my opinion Wheel of Time is one of the best fantasy books ever writen. It is well planned out, and the character development is done well. This book also makes you think. Many books now days don't do that.......I mean there are so many mysteries that nobody has ever been able to figure out. Only Robert Jordan himself knows.  

Egwene Trakand

GimpyAssassin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:07 pm
The character developement is superb. I must admit though, the strong female characters are, in my opinion, a little to extreme thus I think they aren't very realistic. A good website to check out is WoTmania.com they have a whole WoT encyclopedia just in case you forget who or what something or someone is. My favorite character is Mat. I think the best comment I have seen about WoT is "its like Lord of the Rings on steroids" or something like that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:11 am
i envy this guy.

he is just like me; able tocome up with great plot lines and characters but completely unable to wrap anything up!

yet he makes millions out of it somehow  

chessiejo

Angleic Shadow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:54 am
I've read them, but I'm getting to the point where I no longer care about most of the main characters, so...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:45 am
Mr. Jordan passed away Sunday September 16, 2007. He was in the middle of writing the final book in the Wheel of Times series and there are still plans to release the book. I'm disappointed he couldn't live to see the end of his Saga. RIP Robert Jordan.

www.dragonmount.com  

Darth_Magus1

Eoinda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:22 am
Robert Jordan is the greatest I'm totaly in love with Lan heart  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:32 pm
I hope they do end it. The only reason I kept readin the series was to see how it all turned out. it got too convoluted for me after a while.  

lovebooks

Angleic Shadow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:38 pm
Darth_Magus1
Mr. Jordan passed away Sunday September 16, 2007. He was in the middle of writing the final book in the Wheel of Times series and there are still plans to release the book. I'm disappointed he couldn't live to see the end of his Saga. RIP Robert Jordan.

www.dragonmount.com

Oh... that's sad... After all that work, and he didn't get to finish it...
Hopefully he left enough notes that it will be salvageable  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:03 pm
I haven't read them, but I'm very much interested in reading them...

I'm very saddened to hear about Mr. Jordan....

Iana_Rosterbom

Dapper Genius

Batnamz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:27 pm
I've read the First book, and read about 2 Chapters of the Second. lol. I actually own the first 8 books, but haven't read any of it in some time. (lol. I mindlessly buy books without reading them or knowing what they are first)

I was finding it hard to get caught up into the story like I am with my current series I'm reading. My brother is on the 5th book, and says they get better, so once I'm finished with the series I'm reading now, I may give it another go.

-edit- Oh, that's sad! I heard he was ill, and trying his hardest to finish the last book before he died. I didn't know he had passed away already. sad Sad to hear he didn't get to finish the last book. But I did hear his son (I think? something like that) was going to try and finish it for him. So lets hope that turns out well.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:31 am
Hah, if his son finished it, it'd be hailed as the next Lord of the Rings for sure. All it needs is a Tolkien jnr or in this case, Jordan jnr.

I heard that a selected team of writers are going to finish it based on the extensive notes provided by Robert Jordan before he passed away. I will be getting the book when it comes out - there's no doubt about that. But I do have my doubts that they can get it all finished and ended in the one book. It'll have to be enormously thick anyway.  

Saiwen

Batnamz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:29 pm
My brother and sister in law, both huge fans of Robert Jordan, said that while he was dieing he told the whole rest of the unwritten story to his son and the others there. They recorded it. So the whole rest of the story has been told as it should be, and will be written as Robert Jordan would have. So it will be the TRUE ending of the book, and not something someone else had to make up just to get it finished.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:29 pm
I read the first two books, and whilst there were certain aspects and original ideas that I quite enjoyed, I found the plot meandering and slightly uneventful. Too many characters were introduced, and I found that I liked too few of them to keep me reading.

However, I have always meant to come back and give the series another shot. Whilst there are quite a few other series far superior, the Wheel of Time series is slightly iconic in it's own right.

I am sad that the author will never see the conclusion of his life's work, but am optimistic that the final book will remain true to his vision.  

Lainy122

Mousie Mousekavitz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:39 pm
LeslieMarie
But I did hear his son (I think? something like that) was going to try and finish it for him. So lets hope that turns out well.

I don't know that he has a son. I do know that he left all his notes and spent several hours dictating information and an outline for the final book and there's a group of writers taking all that information. His wife was also his editor, so I'm sure she'd have a hand in making sure the final book comes out ok. I just think it is amazing that in the midst of all he was going through he thought of his fans enough to put all the information out there we need for the last book.

I started rereading the first book today - I have decided to try to reread the series in his memory. I had forgotten how enthralling the first few books were. After a while the series just got sooo big, sprawling all over the place with dozens of characters... but the man could write.

Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff