Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
For all of us who must endure GCSEs. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:46 am
A Lost Iguana
illyrianth
[If you end up at CERN, keep an eye out for Professor Martin Salt... smile He's my cousin, more's the pity. I say more's the pity, as he is not only damnably brilliant, but...quite cute too...>.< There is NO justice.

Think of the gene pool.

I did...which is why I said...there's no justice...heheh

A Lost Iguana
illyrianth
[As for the London commuter belt....I can find you a job in Basingstoke, but that's probably not going to be close enough, is it? Besides, Basingstoke's a shithole.

Haha, I'm fine behind the checkout for the moment, it's only until September.

I never took any kind of citizenship lessons, am I morally bankrupt?

It's quite possible..... eek We could all be in serious trouble.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:10 am
How many subjects do you take at GCSE. I always had assumed it was 8 until you gave lists. We do 8 standard grades.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:12 am
I will (if all things go accordingly) end up with about 13 GCSE grades.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:24 am
Nebelstern
eek So standard grades must be harder.
This is confusing. In was trying to explain it to myself but I have deleted it all because I got too confused. Im going to look at UCA points.

By the time Ive left school I should have 8 no 7 standard grades. At least one Int 2 because Im doing one this year. I will 5 highers. Maybe 3 advanced highers an 2 of either Int 2s or highers.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:55 am
Im still confused. I looked at a couple of sites but the only conclusion I can draw is that you dont get UCAS points for GCSEs. You must though? Surely.
But I did find out that if I get my predicted grades I will have 278 UCAS Points by the end of summer.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:58 am
ice_illusion
Nebelstern
eek So standard grades must be harder.
This is confusing. In was trying to explain it to myself but I have deleted it all because I got too confused. Im going to look at UCA points.

By the time Ive left school I should have 8 no 7 standard grades. At least one Int 2 because Im doing one this year. I will 5 highers. Maybe 3 advanced highers an 2 of either Int 2s or highers.

The average is 11-12, but you see we do double awards etc...

I'm only doing 13 because I signed up for this preparation into working life exam.

Nebelstern
Crew

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:13 am
I was really annoyed by the dual science award. Biology, Chemistry and Physics counted for as much as English. I can see how English scholars would adore that system, but I was only fairly good at English. I was great at science. I wouldn't have complained if Oral English counted for more, mind, I was the top in the year for that. 95% average xd

Our school entered you on the top tier paper by default, on all papers. In my spare time, I like to deride Grammar school abolitionists, on the grounds that Grammar schools are incredible. In a school of a thousand, there were about 3 chavs, and we had some great teachers.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:28 am
No-one beats me at english, Alex!! No-one!!! I got full marks on my coursework essays!!! FULL MARKS!!! scream xd  

Nebelstern
Crew

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:34 am
Meh, my essays usually averaged somewhere in the area of the A/A* boundary. Orals are they important bit, I have decided. I didn't get less than A* on any of those, and managed to get 100% on one of them, which was the first 100% the teacher had ever given for an oral blaugh

Of course, since the end of GCSEs the only essays I've written have been scientific or technical.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:38 am
*coughs* I stutter and shake in orals. I bloody hate them. Though I still managed 47/54, A, which isn't too bad. I get 90% plus on the written poetry/prose essays in exams and averaged around 92% in the mocks.

I hate you if you can beat that. I really do. In fact, I may well construct some gallows and hang myself here right now. I'll do it! I'm warning you!
xd  

Nebelstern
Crew

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:40 am
No, my essays weren't near that good, don't worry!

47 isn't bad, if you were stuttering and shaking. Damn close to an A*.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:44 am
Erix Griffon
No, my essays weren't near that good, don't worry!

47 isn't bad, if you were stuttering and shaking. Damn close to an A*.

*Disassembles gallows* Phew. Well, I'm glad that's all sorted out then.

Nerves and the fear of being laughed at. They are the only parts of my overall english-excellence that let me down.

Nebelstern
Crew

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:47 am
I hate all of you for being good at english. Its my most iffy subject that I actually care about. Just so long as I get a credit pass *prays that I get a kind marker* The writing paper (its always the worst for me) went ok. I did finish it in the actual exam. For the first time ever.

Im more of a maths/science person. English just doesnt come naturaly to me. I read lots but it just wont.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:47 am
Quick calculation - my coursework essays averaged around 85-87%, but I didn't do as well in exams. I hated exams where you had to write huge amounts... that's why I dropped history like a hot potato. Biology was the exception. I didn't mind writing essays for that. But thats because I utterly pwn at biology whee  

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:51 am
Nebelstern
No-one beats me at english, Alex!! No-one!!! I got full marks on my coursework essays!!! FULL MARKS!!! scream xd

Our English teacher is decidedly idiosyncratic in her marking. Someone in our class got full marks on their coursework and an A. I think. That might be totally wrong though.
However, I got an A* in my spoken coursework on Frankenstein! Yay! Go me!  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff