Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Pet rocks Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever owned / cosidered owning a pet rock?
Yes. I have one here... come pet rock, COME TO ME!! Haha!
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
No. As they are inanimate and not resistant to erosion.
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Perhaps if the pet rock comes fully functional...
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
I really have doubts as to sanity of this guild. I really, REALLY do.
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 20

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 2:40 am
Nebelstern
illyrianth
Destiny Dee
I used to have a pet rock but then it died

eek eek eek

but.....HOW?

xd

I imagine a large gravel-machine was involved.

No no no, that's how they breed into little baby pet rocks..  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:01 am
Well......I found it one day completely in bits and pieces and me being only 10 at the time burst into tears. Turned out, it had flint on the inside. My second one, well, That's lost probably dead too!  

Broken Keys

Ph_ish

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:56 am
Nebelstern
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Foetus In Fetu
I've seen pet rocks in shop windows with googly eyes and stuck on hair.

Yes, but are they REAL pet rocks? Huh? You know, the ones with the box and the guide that look suspiciously manufactured...
I suppose they count. The whole notion of pet rocks is ultimately pointless though.

Of course they're not -real- pet rocks. Giving it human like features defeats the point, does it not?
Shhh! Don't say they're pointless! You'll hurt iggy the igneous's feelings!

Not unless they are trying to produce Easter Island minatures. That COULD be a lucrative business...
And I suppose there is a 'Sedric' the 'sed'imentary and a 'Greta' the 'meta'-morphic as well?

It could...
Don't be silly. Cedric is spelt with a C, and it's Neville the Metamorphic. 3nodding

I doubt that the demand for such is overly high...Really? I thought that Cedric could be spelt with either. You know, one of those colloquially warped spellings.

You'd be suprised what gullible american tourists are willing to pay for.
Please note the use of the word 'siliceous' in my post. It took me quite some time to look it up to get the spelling right, so you missed it in your quote, seeing as I added it in in an edit... hoorah for Terry Pratchett and his vocabluary increasing novels...

Yes. I saw a programme where this Amerian woman decided to collect thousands of Princess Diana dolls. I think that gullible only scratches the surface with Americans. Especially American tourists. Or Japanese tourists. Because THEY can't understand anything AS WELL as being gullible. *looks up* It isn't in the dictionary... pfft. Not that it really matters anymore. Well done for being all wordy though.

It's hard to tell if Japanese tourists are gullible, seeing as they talk quietly in Japenese. American tourists are generally loud and fat and wear brightly coloured tents that hurt your eyes to look at. They mis-pronounce everything, and don't care about finding out about whatever interesting historical site they're visiting, as long as they have a photo of them standing in front of it to prove they've been there. To them the world is just one big sticker book, and they're filling in the gaps.
Thankyou. ^-^  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:59 am
Invictus_88
Nebelstern
illyrianth
Destiny Dee
I used to have a pet rock but then it died

eek eek eek

but.....HOW?

xd

I imagine a large gravel-machine was involved.

No no no, that's how they breed into little baby pet rocks..

Ironically, I was actually going to touch on that if you didn't... biggrin  

Nebelstern
Crew

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:05 am
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Foetus In Fetu
I've seen pet rocks in shop windows with googly eyes and stuck on hair.

Yes, but are they REAL pet rocks? Huh? You know, the ones with the box and the guide that look suspiciously manufactured...
I suppose they count. The whole notion of pet rocks is ultimately pointless though.

Of course they're not -real- pet rocks. Giving it human like features defeats the point, does it not?
Shhh! Don't say they're pointless! You'll hurt iggy the igneous's feelings!

Not unless they are trying to produce Easter Island minatures. That COULD be a lucrative business...
And I suppose there is a 'Sedric' the 'sed'imentary and a 'Greta' the 'meta'-morphic as well?

It could...
Don't be silly. Cedric is spelt with a C, and it's Neville the Metamorphic. 3nodding

I doubt that the demand for such is overly high...Really? I thought that Cedric could be spelt with either. You know, one of those colloquially warped spellings.

You'd be suprised what gullible american tourists are willing to pay for.
Please note the use of the word 'siliceous' in my post. It took me quite some time to look it up to get the spelling right, so you missed it in your quote, seeing as I added it in in an edit... hoorah for Terry Pratchett and his vocabluary increasing novels...

Yes. I saw a programme where this Amerian woman decided to collect thousands of Princess Diana dolls. I think that gullible only scratches the surface with Americans. Especially American tourists. Or Japanese tourists. Because THEY can't understand anything AS WELL as being gullible. *looks up* It isn't in the dictionary... pfft. Not that it really matters anymore. Well done for being all wordy though.

It's hard to tell if Japanese tourists are gullible, seeing as they talk quietly in Japenese. American tourists are generally loud and fat and wear brightly coloured tents that hurt your eyes to look at. They mis-pronounce everything, and don't care about finding out about whatever interesting historical site they're visiting, as long as they have a photo of them standing in front of it to prove they've been there. To them the world is just one big sticker book, and they're filling in the gaps.
Thankyou. ^-^

Yes, because Japanese tourists may be secretly humouring us. How could you tell? They always have that glint in their eyes that says more that just the humble foreign tourist...
As for american tourists... well, they just have no intelligence to pull off such a feat that the Japanese tourists mastermind.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:49 am
Ph_ish
Nebelstern

Thankyou. ^-^

I hate it when they say stuff like "isnt it quaint" so loudly. They are the ones trying to hug Hamish the cow or asking where Nessie is (about 3 hrs drive north) and play golf constantly. Yes, American tourists annoy me. Pity they are probably the biggest source of income in my area. Cos we cant just ban them.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:55 am
ice_illusion
Ph_ish
Nebelstern

Thankyou. ^-^

I hate it when they say stuff like "isnt it quaint" so loudly. They are the ones trying to hug Hamish the cow or asking where Nessie is (about 3 hrs drive north) and play golf constantly. Yes, American tourists annoy me. Pity they are probably the biggest source of income in my area. Cos we cant just ban them.

3 hours north? That must mean you live south of Fort William or somewhere thereabouts.

I love that area, and have done ever since last summer when I went there.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:02 am
Nebelstern
ice_illusion
Ph_ish
Nebelstern

Thankyou. ^-^

3 hours north? That must mean you live south of Fort William or somewhere thereabouts.

Yep. Theres not actually a lot of people who live up there. No jobs. Except for American tourists created jobs. Now I think about it American tourists are vital for the economy.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:05 am
ice_illusion
Nebelstern
ice_illusion
Ph_ish
Nebelstern

Thankyou. ^-^

Yep. Theres not actually a lot of people who live up there. No jobs. Except for American tourists created jobs. Now I think about it American tourists are vital for the economy.

In some ways, yes. Remember though that I was a tourist that contributed!

Mallaig was nice on another note. Very isolated and scottishy-seasidey. I'd love to live near there one day - along the road that goes there.
heart  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:06 am
Foetus In Fetu
A Lost Iguana
I used to have a pet rock. I lost it. ;_;

You should have had it microchipped.

::regret::  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:35 am
Nebelstern
ice_illusion
Nebelstern
ice_illusion
Ph_ish
Nebelstern

Thankyou. ^-^

Mallaig was nice on another note. Very isolated and scottishy-seasidey. I'd love to live near there one day - along the road that goes there.
heart
Is that on the West coast? Im an East coast lowlander. But I live be the sea.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:42 am
A Lost Iguana
Foetus In Fetu
A Lost Iguana
I used to have a pet rock. I lost it. ;_;

You should have had it microchipped.

::regret::

I suddenly feel the need to hunt and trap a wild rock and tame it just for you... blaugh  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:52 am
ice_illusion
Nebelstern
ice_illusion
Nebelstern
ice_illusion
Ph_ish
Nebelstern

Thankyou. ^-^

heart

Yes, it was west of Fort William along the west coast. There was a lovely secluded beach that was crescent-shaped and epitomised Scotland for me. That and the quaintness (sorry Ph_ish) of Mallaig town.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:00 am
Nebelstern
ice_illusion
Nebelstern
ice_illusion
Nebelstern
ice_illusion
Ph_ish
Nebelstern

Thankyou. ^-^

heart

Yes, it was west of Fort William along the west coast. There was a lovely secluded beach that was crescent-shaped and epitomised Scotland for me. That and the quaintness (sorry Ph_ish) of Mallaig town.
Prepares to skin you alive. The quaintness is an act. Like the Japanese.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

x.Tag.Youre__Pregnant.]]

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:29 am
i want a pet rock. he'll be called sarge.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff