Reply The Music Artists Guild
how did you get started? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MystixPix

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:46 pm
Well, I got my first clarinet in 5th grade... and have been playing it ever since (7 yrs). I got a flute for christmas and it took me a total of two days to learn. On the second day I was playing Help Me Rhonda from the Beach Boys.

But back to the clarinet, I'm about 5th chair... but i was a freshman last year and beat all but three juniors (of course my best friend who is madly obsessive got first but then again she has like seven different lessons a week). I'm hoping that I can get up to about 3rd chair this yr. Wish me luck!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:08 pm
i got started in school less then a year ago
now im teaching my self
biggrin xd xd xd biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding

i heart guitarr sooooooooooooooooooo much!
heart heart heart heart heart heart
xp xp xp xp xp xp xp xp
whee whee whee whee whee whee  

babystarkatt

Saint Eve

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:35 pm
At my 6th grade talent show, I was amazed by a guitarist, ever since then, I have been playing, going on three years. cool  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:55 am
My dad's in a band, my brother's in a band...so I decided to be in a band too...My mom enrolled me for piano while I was still starting my guitars... sweatdrop  

Riyuna Aira

lifeisawaterfall

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:00 am
ok this has nothing 2 do wit music but meh (....ok, my favourite song is waldorf worldwide by good charlotte!) erm... on the art arena thing how do u enter ur own art? iv clicked on the 'enter ur own art' button (d'uh) but i dont no wot 2 do frm ther..... n how do u dress ur person????? stressed  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:01 am
i have been playing some form of insterment since i was 6. mind you, i wasnt good when i was 6, but i still had fun.  

sweetnight

intansigent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:18 am
When I entered high school, I had to play an instrument for band. So my mom got me a clarinet. I started a clarinet and then I wanted more instruments, like a guitar or a bass or drums, so then I got a bass. And it goes on from there.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:59 pm
I don't remember how I got started. I know that I begged my parents to let me play piano and give me lessons, and I have been ever since then.  

BehindBrownEyes

Mark teh Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:07 am
I started when Michelle Branch came out with the song "All You Wanted."
It drove me to tears at the time and it still does when I listen to the slow acoustic version of it.

Right now, it's become the most personal song for me (that was written by another artist) for various reasons.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:49 pm
i picked up trumpet when i was 12. that lasted a year and i switched to french horn (we had none and i was the only one that could get the hang of it. it's a hard instrumet!). since i've got to college as a music major, i've added piano, voice, sax, and flute to my lineup.  

One Long Story

Lantis0001

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:04 am
I'd been involved with music since I was born! My aunt was always listening to stuff (like WHAM! and Duran Duran eek ), Mom listened to AC/DC, Grandma listened to christian country, Grandpa listened to Chet Atkins and Hank Williams Sr. Dad's side were all Billy Idol fans or listened to AM Talk radio O.o ...

Started singing to Cinderella tunes (SOMEBODY SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaAAAVE ME!) and overhearing old Metallica tunes from the college station when I was 3-4.

Started singing on-stage in Kidnergarten, played bass since 6th grade, since I wanted to join Orchestra with one of my buddies. Played guitar after picking up the electric bass in 8th grade... Had a short stint with drums in Band (marching band is what killed that... I got the largest bass drum... curses to me being tall gonk ), and played in a few cover bands.

Emerald Fusion was basically a Metallica cover band and we had a few originals, and Red Cloud had one 4-song Slayer set and was done. Too metal for the local punk show twisted

So now...

I'm our church's music ministry head, with some other ideas in mind as the right people come along.

If you enjoyed my life's story (Oops...), thanks for reading!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:44 pm
I have been a singer and song writer since i was really little. I guess that since i love music, it inspired me to sing and write songs.  

Miami92

Stacie Chick

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:13 pm
I been writing songs and singing ever since 4 grade. It haven't been long. I'm in 7th grade now.
I started really singing outloud in 5 grade when I did my talent show.

I played the gutiar for a month or so. Before I had to move to my new town.
biggrin biggrin
I'm maybe going to start back up on playing the gutiar when I get a new one. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:27 pm
how i started bass was playing guitar. I went to a guitar shop and i thought about getting a bass so i picked on up and played it. everyone kinda stopped what they where doing to listin it was ******** crazy. And then I bought the bass. That was 9 months ago.  

W1nterSold1er

Teh Rock

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:42 am
I've been playing violin about 5 years now, and I'm pretty good at it, but my talent is recognized only among my peers crying . I've been playing electric guitar for about 4-5 months and my teacher says that I'm really good. I want to start a band, but I don't know anybody who plays drums. I've been singing for a while, but I prefer playing instruments to singing.  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff