Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
An Slí Gaeleach Céad 's a hAon (Phase one done, please pos Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:11 pm
TeaDidikai
reagun ban
But I will give 500 Gold to the most interesting (as decided by me for whatever reason I want) response before the end of the month (August 2006)

([Fraction]Wing.)
Do I get 500 gold?  
CuAnnan rolled 20 100-sided dice: 2, 35, 30, 100, 100, 3, 88, 85, 93, 4, 44, 13, 74, 54, 59, 32, 40, 69, 90, 92 Total: 1107 (20-2000)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:18 am
TeaDidikai
TeaDidikai
reagun ban
But I will give 500 Gold to the most interesting (as decided by me for whatever reason I want) response before the end of the month (August 2006)

([Fraction]Wing.)
Do I get 500 gold?

It's a toss up between yours, the most amusing, and HDCs (the most intruiging).
So... if the die roll adds up to an even number, you get it.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:49 am
reagun ban
TeaDidikai
TeaDidikai
reagun ban

([Fraction]Wing.)
Do I get 500 gold?

~pouts~  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:00 am
TeaDidikai
reagun ban
TeaDidikai
TeaDidikai
reagun ban

([Fraction]Wing.)
Do I get 500 gold?

~pouts~

Dude, Tea.

It's five hundred gold.

I think you're gonna be okay. xd heart  

Triste-chan

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:43 pm
Could you be kind enough as to explain your understanding of "Otherlings" within the Celtic Mystic's paradigm?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:08 pm
TeaDidikai
Could you be kind enough as to explain your understanding of "Otherlings" within the Celtic Mystic's paradigm?

I'm not entirely sure what is meant by Otherling.

There are several Races among the races.

There are the tuatha de dannan who are Gods.

There are the various hosts of faerie, which are broken into several families the most famous of which are the Sluagha Síodha, the Fír Bolg and the Fomori.

There are the dragons, demons, animal beings, and the whole interbreeding going on in any of the families of Races and races.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:51 pm
Otherling when I use it in a generic sense addresses those who are non-corporeal and not deities.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:53 pm
TeaDidikai
Otherling when I use it in a generic sense addresses those who are non-corporeal and not deities.

I'll leave aside the Godlings as that's a complimicated mess.

There are those to be avoided altogether. Those that are pests. Those that are worth having around if you have the right ettiquette to deal with them. They need an in into our reality though and, because of this, they will sometimes pact with individuals or, occasionally, families.

There are varying views.

The Sí are the Radiant Ones among the Otherlings. The Lords and Ladies. Self proffessed children of the Gods. They rule the Otherlands. It is they who run the Wild Hunts and the Changeling swaps. Even more than any other of the humanoid races, the Sí are the most magically gifted. It is what they are.

The Fír Bolg are a more earthy people. Craftsmen and tradesmen. Guildsmen. The Leprechaun, for example, are the cobblers. When I call them Earthy, it is because they delight in rutting rather than they are "new agey". They are not. They are Faerie and must be treated as such. With a good dose of paranoia and "what do you want". Most of our pests are Fír Bolg.

The Fomori can be likened to the primal forces given antrhopomorphic form. Whether or not this is what they are or not, I don't know, I can't say, I've never had any dealings with them on my Wanderings. Though this is something I am glad of. They are purported to be animalistic in form and nature. Feral and furious.

The Otherlings in general are not bound by concepts like morality. They are amoral rather than immoral (something I can relate to) but highly principled and, according to their own system, incredibly honourable. Slighting them is a bad bad idea. They hold grudges and they extract debts in an extraordinary manner. They have bankrupted farmers over grazing rights, they have destroyed towns because their trees were cut down, these are not peoples to be ******** with.

We are prey to them, they may not eat us. They drew from our strongest, smartest and best during the weakenings of the Shield of Scathach for centuries.

There isn't really much in the lore on the other Otherlings.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:56 pm
And the Godlings?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:53 pm
TeaDidikai
And the Godlings?

Most of them died horribly but the rest of them are the Irish ancestors.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:12 pm
When do we get phase two?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:39 pm
TeaDidikai
When do we get phase two?

When I have a few days to myself.
It probably won't be until the new year.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:33 pm
reagun ban
could you explain more of the difference between the Tuatha de Dannan and the Fae?

most of the legends i have access to mention that the gods were driven into the Sidhe by the Milesians, a place i got the impression was the home of the Fae. granted, most of my sources are probably bastardizations...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:28 am
phoenix shadowwolf
reagun ban
could you explain more of the difference between the Tuatha de Dannan and the Fae?

most of the legends i have access to mention that the gods were driven into the Sidhe by the Milesians, a place i got the impression was the home of the Fae. granted, most of my sources are probably bastardizations...

The Tuatha De Dannan encompass the Sídhe.
The Sídhe are a subset of the Tuatha de Dannan.
This gets confusing because Sídhe is both the name of the place and the people.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:16 am
reagun ban
phoenix shadowwolf
reagun ban

The Tuatha De Dannan encompass the Sídhe.
The Sídhe are a subset of the Tuatha de Dannan.
This gets confusing because Sídhe is both the name of the place and the people.
is it then, almost like they are part of the same family, but "cousins"?

i'm fine with the same name for a people and a place. it seems to be fairly common, and some sense in made. i just get a little confused when most of the sources (what little i have) seem to imply that the current faeries are actually the Tuatha De Dannan.  
PathWays

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff