Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
Gravitation: <3 or </3? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So?
  <3
  </3
View Results

Jade Rotaski

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:32 pm
I actually like Gravi the manga and the anime though anime-Shuichi tends to grate on my nreves after a while; they made him far too sappt in the anime at least in the manga he had a bit of a back bone!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:12 pm
I absolutely ADORE Gravi! (note the sig...though there are no pretty pictures... YET xD) I've read 'em all and seen all the Anime and I can't get enough! I was absolutely crushed when the 1st series ended, but was so relieved when Murakami started Gravitation EX! It's really good! *will go on no further with EX as to not give away the spoilers* I was just watching Gravi this morning. Some of the characters get me rollin' with laughter.

And hey! Am I the only one who wants an Anime series made for the new EX series? I know they probably wouldn't, but I'm still pissed they cancelled the first one. *cries* crying  

MarvelousMinerva

Benevolent Phantom

Nellynae

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:00 pm
I don't all out LOVE Gravitation, but I still enjoy it quite a bit! I saw part of the anime first and now I've started reading the manga version just yesterday. 3nodding (Though I actually read EX before this, heh sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:03 pm
Gravitation was the first yaoi anime I ever saw. I didn't even thought there could be an anime where 2 boys fall in love, and then my friend came and made me watch Gravitation. I was shocked in the beginning but by the end of the 1st episode I already loved it.
But when I started reading the manga I couldn't even finish the first chapter. I just don't like it. I don't hate it though. But I can't read it.

Ice Angie

IceAngie

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Ouka of Heaven and Hell

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:21 pm
I really like Gravitation, actually. It does in fact annoy me sometimes, but that doesn't stop me from having 1-12 manga, 1 of EX, both novels, the entire anime and OVA, plus a Ryu plushie and three pins. =]

Sheard
I've only seen the anime for Gravitation. I like all the background characters. I love the music for it, even if some of it gets used too much.

I outright dislike both Shuichi and Yuki. The two of them go around being idiots about their relationship, even though it doesn't take a genius to figure out that they did way more than just kiss (even though nothing was show.) However the next day, they act like nothing happen. Yuki goes back into denial and goes back to being pissy romantic novelist. Shuichi allows Yuki to treat him like crap, while acting overly clingy. I hate seing boy/girl pairings do what they are doing and being a boy/boy pairing doesn't give them any immunity with me.

It's funny because I do say that Ryuichi is my favorite character in the anime as he's pretty much the straight version of Shuichi... but the thing is that Shuichi even let Ryuichi get to him more than once.

Um, some corrections to your knowledge...According to the manga, the first time they kissed in that elevator in the anime that's really all they did. If they would've continued, they would've shown Yuki surprised at himself and telling Shuichi to go home.
Also, Ryuichi is far from straight. >_>

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:45 pm
Ouka of Heaven and Hell
I really like Gravitation, actually. It does in fact annoy me sometimes, but that doesn't stop me from having 1-12 manga, 1 of EX, both novels, the entire anime and OVA, plus a Ryu plushie and three pins. =]

Sheard
I've only seen the anime for Gravitation. I like all the background characters. I love the music for it, even if some of it gets used too much.

I outright dislike both Shuichi and Yuki. The two of them go around being idiots about their relationship, even though it doesn't take a genius to figure out that they did way more than just kiss (even though nothing was show.) However the next day, they act like nothing happen. Yuki goes back into denial and goes back to being pissy romantic novelist. Shuichi allows Yuki to treat him like crap, while acting overly clingy. I hate seing boy/girl pairings do what they are doing and being a boy/boy pairing doesn't give them any immunity with me.

It's funny because I do say that Ryuichi is my favorite character in the anime as he's pretty much the straight version of Shuichi... but the thing is that Shuichi even let Ryuichi get to him more than once.

Um, some corrections to your knowledge...According to the manga, the first time they kissed in that elevator in the anime that's really all they did. If they would've continued, they would've shown Yuki surprised at himself and telling Shuichi to go home.

I think you missed something in my post which I bolded. I've only seen the anime. There was one point in the anime version which really irked me. They didn't actually show it but you could tell the Shuichi and Yuki had boy/boy sex, only afterewards... There was like no change in the relationship. -_-

I've heard that Shuichi isn't a total clingy doormat in the manga but as I've said, I haven't read it. I've also heard that Ryuichi isn't as straight in the manga as he is in the anime... However I have heard that Yuki is still pissy romantic novelist.

Heck if it could be prooven that part way through the manga Shuichi realises that Yuki isn't so great then starts pursuing Ryuichi, I'd probably read it... or at least that part.  

Sheard

Man-Hungry Kitten

9,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100

Serjo Sammie

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:42 am
I cannot stand Gravitation. It just... ugh. I've only read the manga but I highly doubt anything else in the storyline would be any better, I get a nervous twitch every time I hear it mentioned. I would list the reaons why I dislike it but I would probably offend a lot of people, judging by this thread. neutral
To be blunt, it is the worst manga that I have ever read.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:01 pm
Sheard
Ouka of Heaven and Hell

Sheard

I think you missed something in my post which I bolded. I've only seen the anime. There was one point in the anime version which really irked me. They didn't actually show it but you could tell the Shuichi and Yuki had boy/boy sex, only afterewards... There was like no change in the relationship. -_-

I've heard that Shuichi isn't a total clingy doormat in the manga but as I've said, I haven't read it. I've also heard that Ryuichi isn't as straight in the manga as he is in the anime... However I have heard that Yuki is still pissy romantic novelist.

Heck if it could be prooven that part way through the manga Shuichi realises that Yuki isn't so great then starts pursuing Ryuichi, I'd probably read it... or at least that part.

Oh, I knew you only watched the anime. I was just explaining those certain points in common with the manga.

I don't really want to give spoilers, but something along those lines does in fact happen in the EX manga. Shuichi does sock it to Yuki pretty bad by means of Ryuichi....however, it's just to teach Yuki the lesson that he can't keep taking advantage of Shuichi, and Yuki really does change personality wise, and his fondness and love for his man really does show through the cold hearted shell.
In the manga, the characters develop much more than in the anime. I actually like Yuki because of how his real self unfolds throughout the series.

Ouka of Heaven and Hell

Kyoto Himura

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:18 pm
User Image heart Real love stories never have happy endings...

I LOVE Gravitation. heart

I only like the anime though. The way they're drawn in the manga just bugs me. confused

I wish there'd be more hot action though. sad
I hope there will be in season two! 3nodding

...Because real love stories never end. heart User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:23 pm
I honestly thought I was the only one who hated it. I tried reading the manga. I couldn't get into it and I didn't like the plot. Most people I know who like BL love Gravitation and I have no idea why. And I seriously wonder how in the world could they get into it. -sigh- Well, to each their own. But Gravitation is definately not my cup of tea.  

Appled

kataphora

6,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:38 pm
haters of Gravi.. unite!

I mean.. I guess it's not a bad series, it just... doesn't push the right buttons for me. And I want to strangle Shuichi. >.>

I dunno, as far as s-a series go, there are so many better ones with more interesting, likeable characters, so I don't get why gravi gets so. much. hype. >.>  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:56 pm
Reetsu-Meijin
I'm determined to know if I'm the only one...

I hate Gravitation.

I DON'T KNOW WHY, SO DON'T RESPOND WITH SOMETHING LIKE, "OMG!! Y DUN'T U LIEK GRAVI?!?!?11 OMG ITZ SO KAWAIIIi1" Thank you.

So, I want to know if I'm really the only one who hates it; I've seen the first few episodes and some other stuff. But I just don't like it. o.o

Edit : I literally CRINGE when someone mentions it. O____o I love yaoi though, obviously, but... eh. *shrug*

I feel like I'm the only one who hates it too! XD I watched the whole series through, but didn't enjoy hardly any of it. I guess I couldn't get into the whole story or it's characters. Something about it just doesn't appeal to me. I mean I love yaoi, but this series didn't do it for me. Shuichi got on my nerves. : O  

aa_beatrix

doubtingdennis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:38 pm
Yayz the anti-Gravitation minority is not as small as I thought!

I read the first two volumes before I gave up, and the thing that really bugged me was how all the 'intimate' scenes were basically presented as rapes. I don't really see how an older man forcing himself on a sexually confused high-schooler rates as the Ultimate Most Romantic BoyLove Manga Of All!!!!

I'm sure it has its charms, but eh. I'm morally opposed now.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:12 pm
gravitation is okay. ^^ i dont really love it- love it but i do like it. ^^ i love loveless though.. ^^  

HWHP

Guttergoo

Fashionable Gawker

8,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:34 pm
- -
- -

I like it, but I'm not sure why. I do completely understand why a lot of people don't, though. I like Eiri a looot more in the manga, cause he's actually almost nice a few times, and a lot of the less prominent characters in the anime get lots more love, too, which is always nice considering I always end up loving the minor characters.

EX, though...*shudders* Just, noplz. Nooo.

- -
- -

[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games