Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PFRC Mentoring Program
Planeswalking - Updated! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pelta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:49 pm
VisasMarr
How did you know when your God claimed you? What did it feel like? Or was he always there, you just learned later that he was?
I would say he was always there and chose a specific point in my life to connect that he knew I would be receptive. It was rather gradual too. The moment of truth was when I asked him to prove himself and he did. That did it for me. There's no going back.

I think there's a specific type of person that certain gods like. He just wanted me, and that's who he got. I get the impression he's rather selective, but most gods would be. They have their codes of conduct and preferred humans to interact with. There's a lot about my personality that resonated extremely well with him. I could not possibly have this connection with any other god.

In fact, I don't. There are a few other gods/esses that I acknowledge and sometimes communicate with, but nothing on the same scale as with my deity. The power of the relationship there is rather unmatched by anything else in my life.

Did that answer your question?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:44 pm
missmagpie
VisasMarr
How did you know when your God claimed you? What did it feel like? Or was he always there, you just learned later that he was?
I would say he was always there and chose a specific point in my life to connect that he knew I would be receptive. It was rather gradual too. The moment of truth was when I asked him to prove himself and he did. That did it for me. There's no going back.

I think there's a specific type of person that certain gods like. He just wanted me, and that's who he got. I get the impression he's rather selective, but most gods would be. They have their codes of conduct and preferred humans to interact with. There's a lot about my personality that resonated extremely well with him. I could not possibly have this connection with any other god.

In fact, I don't. There are a few other gods/esses that I acknowledge and sometimes communicate with, but nothing on the same scale as with my deity. The power of the relationship there is rather unmatched by anything else in my life.

Did that answer your question?

Yes it did, thanks ^.^  

VisasMarr

Paper bag Princess!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:54 pm
I have been trying to find a path right for me to follow, and I have tried to astral travel but it never works out for me. Could you give me a few tips, the books I have don't really talk with the passion you do.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:43 pm
So what is it exactly that you do in order to perform some sort of magical feat?

Like let's say you want to create a ward. I understand that your path doesn't involve use of tools or anything, so apparently it relies on your own power. But what exactly do you do to use whatever power it is you have? Do you just will something to happen, and then it happens?  

Kalyani Srijoi

Pelta

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:46 am
Paper bag Princess!
I have been trying to find a path right for me to follow, and I have tried to astral travel but it never works out for me. Could you give me a few tips, the books I have don't really talk with the passion you do.
Ok. Right, I didn't notice people had posted questions here. sweatdrop

What I generally found with astral travel was that if it didn't work I was trying too hard. For me it is very natural to slip into the astral. No special tips or techniques really, just practise.

It's come to the point where I can lie down, supervise my breathing, slip into trance and get away. I think part of the trick is to just go with the flow. Don't try to force it; it'll come naturally. After all, it is a state that is achieved naturally.

You also have to know where you're going. Having some sort of guide for the first few steps is very helpful.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:57 am
Kalyani Srijoi
So what is it exactly that you do in order to perform some sort of magical feat?
This is a rather tricky question. Mostly because I actually don't know how to answer it.

What happens is a harnessing of energy, and a directing of it towards whatever I want it to do. It helps that I can often see it forming astrally when I work. It's a bit like weaving, but more complicated. Sorta. See, I can't exactly explain how I do it, though I can tell you what I do.

Quote:
Like let's say you want to create a ward. I understand that your path doesn't involve use of tools or anything, so apparently it relies on your own power. But what exactly do you do to use whatever power it is you have? Do you just will something to happen, and then it happens?
Well to create a ward, or say, for example, a simple shield. I raise the energy needed. I wrap it around myself with the intention/programming of keeping out negative influences. I make sure it's finished, tie it off from my energy source and then ground. It is a bit like sculpting, weaving and programming all worked into one, with the added mystic element.

Astral practise has helped as well, mostly because it means I can see what I'm doing.  

Pelta

Paper bag Princess!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:14 am
I know that you are trying to help, but I think you have just confused me a little more. So, another question: how do you know where to go? or how to slip into it? I have absolutley no experience with this, and I do have a very good imagination but no, well, I guess...belief because I've tried so many times but it never works.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:41 pm
Paper bag Princess!
I know that you are trying to help, but I think you have just confused me a little more.
Sorry. Thanks for asking questions, though. It's good to know people are actually interested. biggrin

Quote:
So, another question: how do you know where to go?
It depends on what you want to do. I have a pragmatic approach to wandering. I always have some sort of goal. It's rather foolhardy to go without a reason. Usually for me the reason is to receive a lesson, though I've gone often enough simply to relax and calm down.

The astral is a gigantic place. It's literally bigger than anything you could possibly imagine. It contains the sum of all human thought and experience. It's huge. You have to think, why are you going? What exactly is it you want to find out or do?

It involves lots of exploring. There are very few bounds to what you can see and do there. Actually that's not entirely true; there is a boundary when you try to move too high but that's a whole different kettle of fish.

My guide (in case you hadn't noticed) is a magpie. Sometimes it helps to have someone to show you the way, especially when you're just starting out. When you're just a little fledgling it can be a tad overwhelming, especially because you're not entirely sure what is or isn't possible, and whether you've actually succeeded. When you get your bearings (and get beyond the "is it all in my head?" stage) a guide isn't entirely necessary.

Quote:
or how to slip into it?
I just lie down. Then I relax and think about slowing down my breathing. It takes a while at first to achieve a state of trance, but now it comes easily enough because I know what it feels like. I go regularly enough that now I just lie down, switch mind to "trance mode" and go.

Try relaxing your body completely. Slow your breathing, but be conscious about it. Don't fall asleep now. Think about your breathing slowing, and about how relaxed you are. Every muscle in your body is completely relaxed. So relaxed, that if your mind sat up right now your body wouldn't notice. And your body stays lying down while your mind sits up and takes a look around.

Quote:
I have absolutley no experience with this, and I do have a very good imagination but no, well, I guess...belief because I've tried so many times but it never works.
Try this. Create a little place for yourself. Imagine yourself node of some sort, like a castle, palace, fairyland temple, whatever. Make up a place that belongs to you. Then go wandering in it. See and touch the textures on the walls and the things on the tables. Furnish your palace, put paintings on the walls and carpets on the floors. Change it to suit whatever you feel like. Give it more rooms or extensive gardens. Then wander around in them. Explore. Because this place is yours nothing can harm you there. Feel free to touch and play with stuff. It's quite fun.

By doing this you exercise the control your mind has over the astral plane. What you've essentially done is create a little pocket for yourself. When you wander around, you wander around astrally. And the more you get sucked in to it, the more you realise that you're in a trance state as you're doing it. Then you realise your little pocket is connected to the greater astral...

Good luck.

Warning: Don't take it too quickly. I don't want to put you off, but the astral can be an extremely dangerous place. Make sure you've protected yourself, and use careful judgment in dealings with Otherworld beings.  

Pelta

Paper bag Princess!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:54 pm
Okay. That really helped. I tried doing what you suggested earlier and I think I went, but I wasn't too sure. The last bit of advice is very helpful, but last question: how do you get a guide?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:33 pm
Paper bag Princess!
how do you get a guide?
How did I know this was coming? whee

Pretty much, if you're meant to have one, your guide will find you.  

Pelta

Paper bag Princess!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:55 pm
Alrighty, thanks for your advice, Missmagpie.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:01 am
Culture...
And why it doesn't apply to me.

This should probably be up somewhere at the beginning of the thread but I believe I've run out of room.

I was born in the States. Very soon afterwards we moved away. I spent periods of four/five years growing up in four different countries. I now live in Ireland.

I can claim no culture.

I am not American as I have never lived there. I am not Irish as I have an American twang. I have passports that say I am both, but I am a foreigner everywhere I go. I am nothing.

But at the same time I am everything.

The only thing that remained consistent everywhere I've lived was myself and the Tree. My culture is of my creation based on these two factors.

Technically I belong to no culture except the one of my creation; The one that created me.  

Pelta

Sound Doxa

Sparkly Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:03 pm
missmagpie

Warning: Don't take it too quickly. I don't want to put you off, but the astral can be an extremely dangerous place. Make sure you've protected yourself, and use careful judgment in dealings with Otherworld beings.

How would you go about protecting yourself?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:53 pm
SoundDoctrine

Some traditions do this by not giving up the most basic of defenses- corporealism. Other traditions use incantations, amulets and the like, still others have constructs designed to defend them or other spirits that are invested in their well being so that said spirits protect them.  

TeaDidikai

Sound Doxa

Sparkly Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:57 pm
TeaDidikai
SoundDoctrine

Some traditions do this by not giving up the most basic of defenses- corporealism. Other traditions use incantations, amulets and the like, still others have constructs designed to defend them or other spirits that are invested in their well being so that said spirits protect them.

Well, from my understanding of a construct, basically you're saying that a person can make up their own little creature that could protect them, right? Is there anything else involved with getting a construct besides just thinking it up?  
PFRC Mentoring Program

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff