Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Shounen-ai and the Art Arena Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hey, look, a poll.
  Poll = gold.
View Results

N I N J A _C H E E S E

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:22 pm
whee interesting stuff ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:54 pm
I hate it when people do that, but it can't be helped I guess. There will always be those really ignorant people who have to put their unnessessary two cents in.
For what it's worth, I think your picture is pretty good. ^^  

retice

bakasensei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:26 pm
whee  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:00 am
I've in a long time been wondering wether or not to post Yaoi and yuri pictures in the art arena, cause when most people see them, they don't look at the drawing. They look at the characters in it, so if they're homophobes I get a beautiful "0", no matter how good I am... seriously pisses me of...  

Hazumu Keshi

Seijaku_Ishida

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:57 pm
People will sometimes rate you a zero just for the heck of it. Certainly happened to me a couple of times. If you don't mind being patient, you could just delete it and resubmit it.

Anyway, posting ANYTHING in the Art Arena isn't really worth it. I actually don't reccommend it, because 90% of the people who stole my art took it from AA.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:40 pm
That stinks, you shouldn't rate based on the charaters gender, but the drawing itslef.  

Amenazar

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:47 pm
coolies on the pics i could see  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:13 pm
I almost always delete negative comments that I get on the one picture I have in the art arena that's BL. It's of Luneth kissing Ingus from FFIII for the DS. I've gotten the typical "Eww, why did you draw two boys kissing!? You're so sick," "wow, you're gay," and "Are those two BOYS!? O.o" Like I said, I delete all of those comments simply because I think they're immature and I just don't want to deal with them.
There's another image I have in the arena as well and it's in no way shounen ai or BL, but almost everyone seems to think that it is... Once again I have deleted all the nasty comments directed at it... and I even went so far as to put "THIS IS NOT A SHOUNEN AI IMAGE" in my artist's comments on it. Here's a link to the image in question:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/artarena/artarena/index.php?mode=vote&postid=498591
It's an image of Edward transmutating an image of his little brother from when he was a human little boy. It's an image about a dream and a promise he wants to make a reality. I'm still confused as to how people see it as shounen ai or BL.  

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:24 pm
This is why I never submit anything in the Art Arena. People are too biased to comment objectively on the artwork itself.

After all, art critics have to put their prejudices aside when commenting on artwork and focus more on the shading, perspective, color, and emotion the artist conveys.

And you aren't gonna get that from a bunch of 13-year-olds. rolleyes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:03 am
I cannot believe the stupidity of homophobes. Guys, are you sure that homophobes are a part of the human race? rolleyes Sorry for the cruel comment, but sometimes I can't help but think that they do not understand the function of the back button. confused  

sjdfnkwnf

[Romiette]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:55 pm
*le sigh* BL is so rare in the Art Arena these days and even when you find a good piece there has to 5 bajillion homophobic comments ahead of you the artist has to scroll through.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:04 pm
I draw, write, and make amv of bl. my usual feedbacks are, this is great, you need work on this, blah, blah, blah. the people that actually lke the bl.

now, for the people that hate bl, i have one question:

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU LOOKING/READING/WATCHING BL IF YOU HATE IT?!

that pisses me off. if i worked for like a week or more on something, i expect people that actually like BL to look at it instead of people that hate it. it makes me wonder if they have brains and know what a back button is.  

ItachiCutie10001

kyra-san

Shirtless Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:18 pm
There's no helping it I guess. Gaia shall always be overrun by closed-minded 12 year olds.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:31 pm
Everyone's a critic.  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

User_2629207

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:40 am
User Image"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."

Geez. I think it's sorta stupid to judge a picture by the theme. it's not that difficult to click the back button, or close the window.

People seem to forget this is a contest about skill and workmanship. I mean, if they're not there to see art, why are they there at all? rolleyes
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces