Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
What's the worst "cop-out" you've read? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:57 am
Well being more into the more popluar commerical anime series. I have come across the whole "I'm horny I need to bumlove some random guy"

You commonly see this is Inuyasha fics in which either Inuyasha or one of the many male demons on that series go into heat and just randomly picks someone to "mate" with more like (beep) with but you know. The thing that peeve me off is that everyone is just okay with it. Kagome might run away with disgust but she gets over. Inuyasha and Sesshomaru just forget that they have been trying to kill each other for oh I dunno a good couple of centuries maybe. Who knows. Or Mirkou has just been lying to us all with the whole groping thing and he doesn't want a child at all he just want to be Naraku's emo'ish uke in turn Naraku removes the wind tunnle or in one batshit crazy fic does something pretty much unspeaking to the wind tunnle though if you read that fic you would have saw that coming anyway given Naraku was nothing short of an unmoral horny sex fiend. (just think about it and you will figure it out) How great. stare

In cases of FMA they too are just horny little bastards and for some reason all the females just aren't around. We aren't givin any reason why only that there's no females and the they guys (being the dogs they are) just have one big old orgy like time and to make it worst these weren't even label as PWP. These were actualy stories that claimed that went along with the storyline.

Answer and Point:

I hate random "I'm in heat and/or I'm horny let's do it" and the whole "missing females" deal. It sucks. I also do like the whole hey let's all just forget everything we are doing and just have sex.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:39 pm
Zee Green Tell Sun
I hated it when they changed Fish-Eye and other multiple gay characters from Sailor Moon into girls so I'd never get over it. It's lyke...stop being so old fashioned and have a open mind >/
I hate that, too. I even made a journal entry about it. I can't believe they were able to fool the American children with fem-Zoisite. So he's supposed to be a woman, but upon looking at "her" chest, there is nothing there. But apparently it worked. They just have to kill every gay anything in that show in the English dub. Haruka and Michiru (Amara and Michelle) are now cousins, whereas in Japan they were lesbians. That kind of changes everything. Sorry for getting off subject.

I do hate it though when the characters find out their sexuality from just knowing one person. In one fanfic, the two have sex, and then one says, "I was so straight a minute ago, but not anymore." One event can't change a sexuality like that.  

Rainbow Phoenix

Riosin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:28 pm
I hate the whole "My sister/friend/cousin you never met made me gay for you 'cause she is a yaoi fan" fic, there's so many to..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:31 pm
Rainbow Phoenix
Haruka and Michiru (Amara and Michelle) are now cousins, whereas in Japan they were lesbians. That kind of changes everything. Sorry for getting off subject.

What I find funny about that is that it's still totaly obvious that they're a couple. So, now instead of lesbians, they have lesbians AND inscest. *rolls eyes*  

RionaDaidouji

Xueyan

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:56 am
Turning characters into girls, just because the author hates shounen-ai / yaoi.

stare  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:19 am
Xueyan

stare

I saw that in a Harry Potter fic once, except it backfired. xD It was RemusxSirius, right, but they both turned into girls. So instead of shounen-ai we had shoujo-ai. (The really confusing thing was the author still referred to them as "he" and "him" and what-have-you.)

The lesbian make-out scene was totally worth it, though.  

Dultae

such a mess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:54 pm
The worst I've seen really isn't all that bad in comparison to the first post. It was more like this:

'One guy likes the other guy secretly and then well the two guys get drunk. But low and behold, one of the beer cans had some mixture put in it that changed one into a girl which makes the relationship oh-so possible because now it's heterosexual!'

I simply decided to be a bit more careful when reading summaries. I've managed to avoid them for the most part after that one.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:02 pm
Quote:
There's the obvious, of course, changing the gender of one of the characters so that it's not yaoi anymore, which is a pain, and unfortunatly quite common. -_-.

Yep that ones my least favorite. *shudders* Some of the characters I've seen it done to....

Quote:
One thing I *really* hate are canon character/original character pairings... because many times the OC is a Mary Sue/Gary Stu....

Another thing I dislike. I agree.

Quote:
Naraku removes the wind tunnle or in one batshit crazy fic does something pretty much unspeaking to the wind tunnle though if you read that fic you would have saw that coming anyway given Naraku was nothing short of an unmoral horny sex fiend. (just think about it and you will figure it out)

Lmao! But very true.

O.O
*coughs*
Hmmm... Does that mean what I think it means?
*winces*

Quote:
Rainbow Phoenix Wrote:
Quote:
Haruka and Michiru (Amara and Michelle) are now cousins, whereas in Japan they were lesbians. That kind of changes everything. Sorry for getting off subject.

What I find funny about that is that it's still totaly obvious that they're a couple. So, now instead of lesbians, they have lesbians AND inscest. *rolls eyes*

Knight_time

jene-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:05 pm
RionaDaidouji
Ugh, yeah, the "I'm not gay, I just like this one guy.". -_-. I've seen it done well ONCE, and only once... And that might be because I read the third part of the trilogy, at which point they were already a couple and it was written much better, before reading the first part, where that was in. So, I was already in love with the couple by then.

I would have to agree the whole denial bit is getting really annoying..... I mean you can tell before you even get far into the story line, so why not just have them not fight it and play the role they woud be doing anyway....  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:06 am
blackcatluck
on the note of turning the characters into girls.... an annoying amount of people do that to Duo. i can't stand it!! scream

aside from that... i hate the "i never knewi was gay until i met you" scenario and the "a guy likes me. no one's liked me before so i'll give it a chance. hey i like it!" scenario either. i see that one WAY too much in harry potter fanfiction

XD I dunno...I'v read one or two 'guy turned girl' fanfics that where actually really good... There was this one where Duo's in love with Wufei, who isnt really gay... But then something happens and Wufei gets thrown into an alternate universe where Duo is a girl, and apparently got switched with a gay version of himself who went into the world where Duo was a guy... It was pretty interesting X3 (but then again, the whole 'guy turned girl' thing wasnt really there as an excuse as it was to just be part of the plot...)  

Yofiel

Xueyan

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:48 am
Sheltigrrl
Xueyan

stare

I saw that in a Harry Potter fic once, except it backfired. xD It was RemusxSirius, right, but they both turned into girls. So instead of shounen-ai we had shoujo-ai. (The really confusing thing was the author still referred to them as "he" and "him" and what-have-you.)

The lesbian make-out scene was totally worth it, though.

The one I read was a Naruto/Sasuke one, Naruto ended up being a girl!Mary-Sue. *shoots*

gonk

It was terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:00 am
Sheltigrrl
I always find myself cheering when it's CC/OC and gay. You really just don't see that enough.

Then I find myself frothing at the mouth when it turns out to be CC/STU. x_X You just don't get enough GOOD CC/gay!OC.

RionaDaidouji
I'm strange in the way that I like a lot of OCs.... Even Mary Sue characters are acceptable if the writing is good. So, yes, I've come accross a few CC/OC pairings that I just adored...

Now that I think of it, I've read one good OC/CC fic. o.O But just one, and I can't remember anything about it. XD

Oh. Another thing I don't like are rebirth fics. I dunno why, but... *shrug*

And then there are AU fics with OOC characters. Don't get me wrong, I don't see anything wrong with AU fics (I actually like them) or characters being OOC at times... but when you combine these two... gonk It's like the writer has turned the original characters into their own characters with just the name and the looks of the original character! Even if the story's good, I can't read it, because it makes me sad... especially because I can't help but think that it'd be a really good story if the writer had used their own characters from the beginning, but for some reason hasn't had the courage to do so...  

Vio-kun

Quotable Lunatic

5,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Akurei Demon Wolf

Barton Wolf

35,565 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:48 am
Rainbow Phoenix
I hate that, too. I even made a journal entry about it. I can't believe they were able to fool the American children with fem-Zoisite. So he's supposed to be a woman, but upon looking at "her" chest, there is nothing there. But apparently it worked. They just have to kill every gay anything in that show in the English dub. Haruka and Michiru (Amara and Michelle) are now cousins, whereas in Japan they were lesbians. That kind of changes everything. Sorry for getting off subject.

I do hate it though when the characters find out their sexuality from just knowing one person. In one fanfic, the two have sex, and then one says, "I was so straight a minute ago, but not anymore." One event can't change a sexuality like that.

Ah yes, trying to fool the children by saying a guy is a girl....I remember that well, cause I fell for it xd but that was a looooooonnnnggg time ago. What? I was 7. Give me some slack. o.o I didn't know C_O_U_S_I_N_S spelt Lesbians. sweatdrop yea bad joke with me and my friends. As for bad fanfictions, I have read some, but can not remember what they were about. I tend to push them out of my mind. However, reading what you all said. Made sence to me and I agree with you all.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:48 am
I hate it when in a fanfic Naruto use his sexynojutsu and he gets stuck that way and him and Sasuke hook up it is sooooo annoying it burns me up burning_eyes  

HaungShao

perryunicornboy

Devoted Healer

10,350 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:15 am
I got a thought..of what if the kyuubi sealed inside Naruto was girl? I 100% sure the one with Gaara is female. The only random I love you stuff I'm ok with is Yugioh GX I mean could it be any moooore obvious that syrus and jaden are in love? The whole "I'm coming to save you Syrus!" thing...come on! And they were all paranoid about the sailor moon thing...Jaden snaps Syrus with a towel!  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff