Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Witches Weekly--Updated July 15th, seriously. -- old topic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:59 pm
What is one item that is sacred to you? (Can be anything, tool, amulet, object, etc)
I have two. The first is my Chaos water. It's a ... different type of sacred thing than...ah, whatever. What it is is normal water "blessed" on a special day with the forces that cannot be felt, seen, heard... and is pigmented blue to symbolize such. I hold it very close, for religious reasons and because I ties me to one of my closest friends. The second is water collected from last year's first spring rain. To me it is a symbol of Armonia, a Goddess that holds (to me) the symbol of peace and life. For spring is the season in which things spring to life... 3nodding

What holidays or time of year do you consider most sacred to you personally? Christmas/Yule. I always get a wonderful feeling around those holidays... I can't quite describe it, sorry. ^_^

Describe your sacred space (can be anywhere, indoors, outdoors, etc):
Hmm, my sacred space?

Because of situations I cannot handle, I've been moving a lot... sad I had one at my previous house. In my backyard, where my friend and I cast her first magical circle... I share a lot of nice memories there. I also remembered the rite I performed for Gaia... and was touched when the skies had "cried" for me afterwards(Long story. I was rather depressed at the moment...) and definately strengthened my love for Her.
So that is probably my most sacred place as of yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:54 pm
What is one item that is sacred to you? (Can be anything, tool, amulet, object, etc)

Just one? Well, ok. I have not exactly one object, but a type of stone that I'm rather fond of is Labradorite. Whenever I see a piece of it, I normally buy it.

What holidays or time of year do you consider most sacred to you personally?

Man, I hate picking favorites. I like all the seasons/holidays. There's something good about all of them.

Describe your sacred space (can be anywhere, indoors, outdoors, etc)

Inside: My bedroom. I have bookshelves (a Feng Shui person would smack me for that) so information is easily assessable. I have two altars; one perma-altar, next to my bed (which sits low ... so I can actually sit on my bed and be at the altar) and one that I construct out of cardboard boxes. Candles and herbs and things that I keep my own stock of are next to my perma-altar. I have a shelf that I keep my wands on across the other side of the bed.

Outside: My herb garden. I made it oval-shaped with stones that I gathered from my yard around it to hold in all the dirt.. Not far from the garden is a rock that I like to sit on and meditate. The mountain laurel hangs over the rock, and the big pine, maple, and oak trees give me plenty of shade. My entire backyard is a botanical sight to behold, thanks mostly to my mum. It's nice.  

Cloverina

Meiriona

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:45 am
What is one item that is sacred to you? (Can be anything, tool, amulet, object, etc) weird as it is, its a bottle. opaque glass, and every so often I p***k my finger and deposit a drop of blood into it. I'm filling it with my essance. Odd as it may seem, its ver relaxing

What holidays or time of year do you consider most sacred to you personally? the middle of winter, when the storm has knocked ou the power, and you cant leave the house.

Well, since I rarely do 'workings' at all, sacred space is pratical for me, wherever its needed can be made. I use 'magic' as a last resort, so its rare you'll see me bringing out the candles.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:38 pm
Nuri

The pentacle I've worn every day for nine years now. Also, my athame. The Coven I practice with calls it the "ghetto athame" but I love it!

Nuri

Fall, definately. Not just Samhain, but Lammas and Mabon also, the procession to death and beyond.

Nuri

There's a small stream running from East to West, with the edges marred by flood waters. A large tree to the North bends branches out wide to greet passerby. The lowest branch, almost like a hammock, is ready for climbers with its familiar smooth bark.  

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:27 am
Quote:

Don't have one item. A few pieces of jewelry here and there that have been as close as you get to being Sacred. One lives in my bf's room, the other is a pentacle that eventually I will give away to a newbie Pagan that I find worthy of it. Its how I recieved it.

Quote:

Fall. I love the crispy air, the pretty leaves, and the need to wear a light jacket. Bonfires. The sense of peace and acceptance. I love to learn, and school is sacred to me. Its a tradition. Its sacred. My life revolves around school.

Quote:

The woods. Any woods. I love it in there. Just walking, fighting...erm, anything in the woods. Theres a small patch near campus, and I spend probably about a month in the woods over the year in fighting events. Makes me very happy, and I hate leaving.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:31 pm
New Questions!

August 13, 2004
Sound

Do you enjoy having any type of music or sound during a ritual? If so, what?

Do you have a favorite chant?

What sound tends to move you spiritually the most?

maenad nuri
Captain

Meiriona

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:55 am
Nuri
New Questions!

August 13, 2004
Sound

xd rarely, but yes, Inkubus Sukkubus. Hail hail the quen of the may, now is teh season now is the day... catchy songs ^^
Quote:
I
not really... the commong chant (isis astarte...) is on, but ssometimes I like "NEMESIS, HECATE, LILITH, KALI!"
Quote:
the ocean.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:26 pm
I never really use music in rituals... but I do love the song "Libana - Ancient Mother".

Not really.

The sounds of nature. The wind...water... birds.  

Ess

Capt. Bradwen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:45 pm
I don't have rituals per se, but I do enjoy certain music while I meditate. Currently I'm most fond of Children (Dreams Mix), Fable (Dreams Mix), and The Mummer's Dance

Sorry, no chanting here sweatdrop

Hmm, a bit tricky to eparate the sound out from the whole picture, but I'd have to say a good strengthed wind blowing through the trees, especially during autumn.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:56 pm

Depending on whom I am honoring. Apollo, I like McKennit and Dead can Dance, I also have a bunch a ancient greek themes on mp3's, including a "Hymn to Apollo". For Dionysus, I play very loud and fast music. Dropkick Murphys are good for that.

Working on writing a few using the epithets of the Gods. But it takes awhile, because I am prone to experementation.

Fighting sounds, sex, thunderstorms (when Zeus speaks), and complete silence-best as you can get to it.  

maenad nuri
Captain

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:48 am

Not for ritual, but I like to journey to this wonderful CD of Andean folk music I got at a fair ages ago. It's incredibly relazing and energizing at the same time.

No, I've never been one for chanting. I feel stupid doing it, I find it awkward.

thunder, leaves in the wind, sounds of water, Rufus Wainwright's voice (I'm not kidding), silence, and these days, the sound sea lions make when they surface for air.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:19 pm
Do you enjoy having any type of music or sound during a ritual? If so, what?: I like listening to soundscape types of music while performing a ritual. Sometimes I listen to basic classical music.

Do you have a favorite chant?: Hotepu Uwsert Nutjeru, Duwa di Uwsert Nutjeru... (Peace offering to the Almighty Nutjeru, Worship is given to the Almighty Nutjeru...)

What sound tends to move you spiritually the most?: Flowing water, rain, thunder, wind, and birds.  

Miza_Radioaktiv

Questionable Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:13 am
New Questions

August 21, 2004
Random Questions

Have you ever been confronted with a decision you had to make that conflicted with your spiritual beliefs? If so, what, and how did you deal with it?

What was your most spiritual moment?

Has there ever been a moment where you doubted the path you were on? If so, how did you deal with it?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:29 am
Have you ever been confronted with a decision you had to make that conflicted with your spiritual beliefs? If so, what, and how did you deal with it?
Not as far as I know. sweatdrop

That one rite that I had preformed for Gaia as stated before... A couple of nights under the full moon come close, too. ^_^

Has there ever been a moment where you doubted the path you were on? If so, how did you deal with it?
Yes... I still do, to an extent. I just got over most of it recently. I dealt with it by researching and researching and learning and reading. I also looked to my dearest friend, who probably is the only one in the world who could match my beliefs exactly.. ._.;  

Ess

Meiriona

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:13 pm
Have you ever been confronted with a decision you had to make that conflicted with your spiritual beliefs? If so, what, and how did you deal with it? nope. technicaly, since I'm eclectic, my spiritual beliefes are my morals, so I run by them.

loooooong story, when I met Karamagee
Has there ever been a moment where you doubted the path you were on? If so, how did you deal with it? never. I've doubted that My dieties were real, but its not much of a path.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff