Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Yaoi couples biased? EDIT Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AngelTristan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:53 pm
Personally, yeah. When its guyxgirl I'm a little turned off (So to speak) of the story. I don't know, I guess I just don't click as well with the story.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:07 am
Reminds me alot of ouran high school host club and ark angels.
I wouldn't stop liking the couple if I grew attached to them, but I might get dissapointed that I wouldn't get any "but we're both guys" drama, and I'd get really jealous of the girl Dx

Graceful crisis

Montypythoniisss

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:48 am
( sigh ) It's the same with a boy and a girl.
People will pair up guys and gals just 'cuz of their respective gender.
Pals or no it doesn't matter. But I've heard this complant a lot.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:02 am
I'd read it, though.  

Montypythoniisss

susayas

Sparkly Vampire

12,200 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:02 pm
I'd read it.

Heck, I'm the girl who's been seen waffling over whether to get MagicalxMiracle 3 or Saiyuki Reload 2. XDD

So I'll read pretty much anything. :3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:03 pm
Nah, I'll ship anything if I like the characters together, whether they're boy, girl, three-toed sloth...well, maybe not the last one. But boys and girls, yeah. Gender is such a little detail.

I can't remember that ever happening to me with a yaoi ship (I can usually tell the gender of the characters) but it did happen with a shoujo-ai ship once (which turned out to not be shoujo-ai at all. ^-^) But the character in question was a pre-pubescent boy with long hair and a baggy shirt, so yeah.  

palindrome88

MEiCrOSoFt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:38 pm
Well, people read shounen-ai because they're both guys. That's the whole point of the genre, isn't it? I'd read it though, the plotline sounds interesting enough.

But anyways, I've starting writing stories where shounen ai/yaoi is just a substory. It's not insignificant, but it's not what the story is mostly about either. I've recently wrote a short story about a writer who's kinda going insane. He holds conversation with his characters, and one of him kinda made him lose it.

His boyfriend who is a singer, resembles something that saves him from himself. The characters in James' story never show up when Kent is either awake or around, but when he is left alone...

So yeah, it's more psychological mystery than romance.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:53 pm
kiba132324
Well, my freind and I are working on a comic. The two charecters I want to focus on right now are a guy and a girl (how many of you stopped reading right there?). Well, the girl is meant to look like a guy. She is not suposed to be reveled as a girl untill later in the story. My freinds question is : If she were to reveel that the guy was acctually a girl, would people stop liking the couple?
The point is...Are some pairings just formed because of the fact that they are both guys, or is there evidence to their relationship? How many of you are guilty of or noticed pairings being made because of the gender? Would you stop likeing the couple if you figured out the uke was a girl? Do you think others will?

I understand that most people are not as that shallow. I'm just saying, yaoi/shonen-ai seems a bit biased.

Yes, this thread is somewhat pointless, and may be a bit offensive. I'm sorry. <3 I do not mean to waste your time, but I noticed that the younger generation seems to like shonen-ai only because of the fact that they are both guys.
(I'm not very good at first posts. D: )

(I can't spell, yes I am part of the younger generation...so sue me.)<33

-------------------------------------------

EDIT: Technically she doesn't disuise herself. The clothing she weres is coed. Pluss, she would rather stay behind and go un-noticed rather than have cat calls following her everywere. People just MISTAKE her for a guy. She does not care when people call her a he, and she does not object. She perfers it. This isn't the annoying kind of story, were the girl is all "hehehe". There is no Seme, there is no Uke. XP OK....

The main charecter is the only one who thinks she is a guy. Hes just stupid.

Its a shonen. Not a shoujo. =3 Its an action adventure thing. <3

The guy is the main charecter, this is a side romance thing.

The girl is quite, out-of-the-way-esque. Shes also stronger than the guy. She wont talk to people unless they talk to her first. She isn't outgoing. Think of San from Princess Mononoke. Shes a stalker. B)

The guy is the typical shonen charecter. He isn't afraid to hit a girl. Hes not the annoying type of person who is all "I wanna be the best. Lawl!!!11!" Hes kind of mischeviose, and such.

(I can't spell D: )

kinda sounds like ouran high with the situation going on. Haruhi is mistaken for a boy at first but not becuase she does it on purpose just happens that way. Also kinda reminds me of noriko in fushigi yuugi
not unless ur a specifically targeting shounen-ai, becuase that mean boy love and it must have it, then i don't think ppl would stop reading it  

Chakura

[-Cadoan-]

1,950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:59 am
I stopped reading right there. talk2hand  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:33 pm
I would still like it. It'd be kind of like what happened on Host Club...I love that show....  

Amenazar

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces