Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
British Sports Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoutout

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:14 am
We ruined the Rev's croquet fields while playing Ultimate Frisbee in the damp.

They're finally better, now, though, but exam quiet starts soon so play is still pretty sodding restricted.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:04 am
curling is the most pointless sport EVER.  

x.Tag.Youre__Pregnant.]]

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:07 am
Indie_Chick
Curling is the most pointless sport EVER.

Naturally, the Scots become world champions..

xd

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:11 am
Indie_Chick
curling is the most pointless sport EVER.

I would appreciate a reason as to why you believe this. Justification? sweatdrop  

Nebelstern
Crew

Broken Keys

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:39 am
I would've thought Rounders was a very British sport but then again, I'm not British. But I was talking to this American person and suddenly, they asked me what rounders was. I thought they knew but no...they didn't. I hope I wasn't wrong in saying that it's a sport a bit like Baseball only more complicated. redface I shall be embarrased if I was wrong. It's what I thought though. I came from my old school thinking rounders was baseball and everybody here was exasperated telling me what the rules were. In a way, the rules are deffinalty diffrent but otherwise, it's moreor less the same thing, no?  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:55 am
Destiny Dee
I would've thought Rounders was a very British sport but then again, I'm not British. But I was talking to this American person and suddenly, they asked me what rounders was. I thought they knew but no...they didn't. I hope I wasn't wrong in saying that it's a sport a bit like Baseball only more complicated. redface I shall be embarrased if I was wrong. It's what I thought though. I came from my old school thinking rounders was baseball and everybody here was exasperated telling me what the rules were. In a way, the rules are deffinalty diffrent but otherwise, it's moreor less the same thing, no?

Well, it's closer to baseball than anything else. Hope you made clear that rounders is the original. Baseball being with a longer bat, funny balls and silly pyjamas..  

Invictus_88
Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:58 am
http://www.letsplayrounders.com/history.htm  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:54 am
well, I didn't know that about rounders being the original. I'll tell him though. And I never looked at baseball like that because, if truth be told, I really don't like watching sports on the T.V.  

Broken Keys

Silver_Tinkerbell

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:24 am
I wanna play cricket but the stupid DUtchies only like baseball gonk  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:49 pm
wouldnt it be closer to softball, afterall dont both use under arm throws?  

mattyp

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:52 pm
mattyp
wouldnt it be closer to softball, afterall dont both use under arm throws?

Well, that is just an off-shot of baseball really  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:04 am
Pure Revenge
well, I didn't know that about rounders being the original. I'll tell him though. And I never looked at baseball like that because, if truth be told, I really don't like watching sports on the T.V.

Take Baseball. Take away the silly uniforms, huge pads for the backstop (You Americans like your pads...) hot-dogs and bloated runaway wagepackets, and you've got Rounders.

Once you take away all the beer and daft uniforms, it becomes clear that it's a very boring sport.  

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Silver_Tinkerbell

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:21 am
Invictus_88
Indie_Chick
Curling is the most pointless sport EVER.

Naturally, the Scots become world champions..

xd

hearhear!  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:39 am
Thinking about it, it's probably fairly telling that if you remove the vast amounts of money and pads from baseball you're left with a game generally associated with Girl Guides.  

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:42 am
Well, doesn't that only show how the Americans take anything and over-do it to the extreme?

Take Halloween for example. A quiet affair here, yet it is almost a second Christmas to them.

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff