Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
how did you get into the emo scene/music Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

how did you get into emo music and or the scene
  thru friends/family
  a mainstream emo band like AFI, FOB TBS etc
  The internet, gaia, my space etc
  other please specify
View Results

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:37 am
Jipple
Friends pretty much forced me to listen to heavy metal and I grew to like it very much so xd
you sir have very good friends  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:22 pm
Ummm....I don't really know actually.
I just started dressing scene like 3 years ago because I thought it was cute then all of a sudden it became cool.
But I still listen to a lot of different music.
Mainly metal, techno, screamo, & Visual Kei though.
And whatever the Beatles are.  

Candy Fornication

Gai4_hacks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:13 pm
I used to be obsessed with Youtube videos and watched a gazillion AMVs, and I got into the songs that were in them, which later on was pointed out by my friend, "Wow, you like emo music, cool."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:57 pm
well I usually listened to pop, Queen,then one day I listened to MCR and I loved them but no one knew them so I got on the Internet and they showed me a whole lot of cool music I just had to hear biggrin  

TheTailz

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:28 pm
Basically, I went to local shows to support my friends band, they were like grind core/death metal, and after one show I was hooked to the music I now listen to in gerneral. I asked them to show me more music like it ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:51 pm
TheTailz
well I usually listened to pop, Queen,then one day I listened to MCR and I loved them but no one knew them so I got on the Internet and they showed me a whole lot of cool music I just had to hear biggrin

You did read how old this thread is didn't you?
MCR is a pop band as well, so I'm not seeing a change.

While it's here.

I started listening to Emo sometime ago, I can't think of the year, but the early 90's maybe. Mostly after liking punk, I looked around for labels and found some Emo heavy ones.  

Moonlight Agony

Lonely Explorer

Chibbidy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:50 pm
I guess I can respond to this thread... since someone else already resurrected it... haha poor thread, it slept for almost a whole year. couldn't just be in peace!

So it's pretty simple.
One of the guys lent me a dashboard CD quite a few years ago and now he's in my top 5. =)  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:12 pm
I started listening to the music sometime after discovering "Metal" and I went on adventuring in the music world and somehow I came across emo and scene music and I happened to really like it. but I am also a fan of punk and industrial as well, techno too.  

WeissVicious

Aidensnumberonefan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:32 am
i got into this music because i found out about the band Hawthorne heights at my school. then i ended up finding bands because of fuse and victoryrecords.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:53 pm
Aidensnumberonefan
i got into this music because i found out about the band Hawthorne heights at my school. then i ended up finding bands because of fuse and victoryrecords.
none of those bands are emo  

The Dadalorian
Crew

LoVe BuGzZz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:09 pm
I used to be into it,
because of Fuse!
but now I'm gettin into Hardcore Rock!
Mostly because my bf is influencing me into it!
Which its really not that bad!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:53 am
I always had that "emo" part in me. For the longest time I was in with the "Preps" at my school. Starting in 6th grade to 8th grade, I was miss prep. In 2005 I went to warped tour, this is before middle school, then I lost my roots. It wasn't until about November of 07 I made the cross back over to the "emo"/"punk" scene. Ironically, I did it then to impress a guy I liked. Now I just act myself, which is really the best thing.  

somexcallxmexmissxpanda

Kevin Sohma

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:12 am
For me no one showed me the style I just got into it one my own. I've always listened to the music so that was cool. Anyway last year for halloween I dressed up as and emo kid. (I was still somewhat innocent) I forgot to take of the nailpolish that night and went to bed, The nex day people were laughing at me calling me a f** and such. I looked at it thought it looked cool. Then I started wearing eyeliner and wearing all black, Then during the summer I dated a psycho and things got bleh. Then before school started I went on a buying spree at Hot Topic. So when I came back to school I was a total emo. Then I found out I was bi but that's another story.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:55 pm
Well, lets start with my story =D!

In elementary school, everything to me was labeled as popular or nothing. The nothing was picked on (me) and the popular always tried to influence people to not hang with me. There were some nasty things...
No one would let me play with them, and they even tried to get me in trouble in second grade. Lets say Girl 1, really enjoyed making me miserable.
It didn't help with me being boy crazy back than. But hey, people were dating and my parents never told me my limits, except for grades. (Didn't do so good on)
I use to enjoy dresses, because they were just slip on and bam! Just need to brush my hair (I usually made it long, than short, because of knots)

I don't know how it happened really, in 5th grade it sort had an edge to a starting point. I wrote a lot more than usual, don't remember if I drew or not. I listen to J-rock and J-pop, because it simply gave me inspiration to write.
By the end of 6th grade, my brother always had his emo music on. But I can't say he was emo, sure he didn't get along with our parents, I didnt start too either. (I was blunt)
Out of nowhere, I just started to roleplay. And started gaia, I kept getting new users. In 7th grade, I did listen to Linkin Park, and other stuff. I was limtied, because at that time, I didn't know about limewire.
My first actual friends were sort of either gothic or emo, and we got into a lot of chaos that year. Not to mention I had to deal with a friend that had a mental issue where he had voices in his head.
As time went by, I just grew more with music once I did get limewire. Than in 8th grade (the grade im in), I just figured I was emo, especially with how I act and how much I have gone through.
I don't have the clothes, cause all i wear are jeans and a black hoodie, just brushed the hair (I want it black, but parents say no), and I was ok. My music, pen, and notebook seemed to matter more than my looks and friends were sort of there, but I became more...picky I guess you can say.
That my friends, is how I became emo =D  

XOXNekoNanaXOX

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:24 pm
Another headache of a post to attempt to read.

And I'm by no means emo, or into the music or stereotype of it.  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games