Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
Who would/will you vote for? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:51 am
Nebelstern
Invictus_88
whapcapn
I don't believe Tony Blair lied to the nation. I think he acted in good faith; only as it happens he was wholly misguided. I'm not doubtful of his integrity, just of his judgement.

It was damn close to lying. Playing the 45minute claim like that, he should be voted out as soon as possible.

Yes, voted out or shot. Either would please me endlessly...

Toobad it won't happen...The voting out that is *knocks arrow*  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:52 am
and_solo_said
Nebelstern
Invictus_88
whapcapn
I don't believe Tony Blair lied to the nation. I think he acted in good faith; only as it happens he was wholly misguided. I'm not doubtful of his integrity, just of his judgement.

It was damn close to lying. Playing the 45minute claim like that, he should be voted out as soon as possible.

Draw the bow! Quickly now! wink  

Nebelstern
Crew

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:55 am
Nebelstern
and_solo_said
Nebelstern
Invictus_88
whapcapn

Draw the bow! Quickly now! wink

Oh yeah...I have archery...BUGGER, where the hell did I put my bow? How did I bloody loose a longbow?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:56 am
There would be something beautiful about that national traitor being brought down by an english arrow.  

Invictus_88
Captain

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:57 am
Invictus_88
There would be something beautiful about that national traitor being brought down by an english arrow.

Found the bow...which way to London?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:59 am
and_solo_said
Invictus_88

Suprisingly lacks the grandieur of gunpowder though.  

Nebelstern
Crew

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:00 am
Nebelstern
and_solo_said
Invictus_88

Suprisingly lacks the grandieur of gunpowder though.

Yes, but gunpowder lost Agincourt for the frogs, Longbows won it for us....though Creccy was not such a success  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:04 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Invictus_88
Captain

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:05 am
Invictus_88
I though we pwned at Cr�cy?

Crecy was a slaughterhouse for us. The frogs went all out on the powder weapons  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:06 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Nebelstern
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:11 am
and_solo_said
Invictus_88
I though we pwned at Crecy?

No, we pwned. Go look it up. We pwned major French arse over there, they got torn to bits by the Welsh bowmen.

EDIT: Ok, I since started to doubt my knowledge so I've googled for it and found a reliable-looking link.
(Crecy)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:13 am
Invictus_88
and_solo_said
Invictus_88

No, we pwned. Go look it up. We pwned major French arse over there, they got torn to bits by the Welsh bowmen.

Invictus pwns. xd  

Nebelstern
Crew

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:17 am
Invictus_88
and_solo_said
Invictus_88

EDIT: Ok, I since started to doubt my knowledge so I've googled for it and found a reliable-looking link.
(Crecy)

We may have won, but we were still slaughtered  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:25 am
and_solo_said

Quote:
The English longbow men let lose a rain of arrows that that gave the Genoese immediate and heavy causalities. They ran into the full force of English longbow attacks, which demoralized them and they broke, heading for the rear. In addition to the longbows, Edward had some primitive cannons with him and their noise added to the shock and confusion of the French.

The namby-panby Genoese bit British arrow before chewing English lead.

Quote:
Genoese retreat infuriated the French who essentially started to cut down their own mercenaries to get to the English. This early French group was led by the king's brother, the duke d'Alencon.

Ohyes, then the silly French nobles got pissy with the pansies and cut them down to get at the pesky Brits.

Quote:
While the French attacked repeatedly (fifteen times says Seward) they never overcame the English.

Brits pwn Frenchies.

Quote:
They continued their march to the sea and took Calais, which remained the last English territory to be surrendered to France, long after the effective end of the war.

Brits went on to pwn French city and continued to pwn over it for many years.

...and the Americans think they invented shock and awe.

wink

Invictus_88
Captain

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:32 am
Invictus_88
and_solo_said

Quote:
The English longbow men let lose a rain of arrows that that gave the Genoese immediate and heavy causalities. They ran into the full force of English longbow attacks, which demoralized them and they broke, heading for the rear. In addition to the longbows, Edward had some primitive cannons with him and their noise added to the shock and confusion of the French.

The namby-panby Genoese bit British arrow before chewing English lead.

Quote:
Genoese retreat infuriated the French who essentially started to cut down their own mercenaries to get to the English. This early French group was led by the king's brother, the duke d'Alencon.

Ohyes, then the silly French nobles got pissy with the pansies and cut them down to get at the pesky Brits.

Quote:
While the French attacked repeatedly (fifteen times says Seward) they never overcame the English.

Brits pwn Frenchies.

Quote:
They continued their march to the sea and took Calais, which remained the last English territory to be surrendered to France, long after the effective end of the war.

Brits went on to pwn French city and continued to pwn over it for many years.

...and the Americans think they invented shock and awe.

wink

They also think they captured the enigma machine  
The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games