Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
Borders or Barns & Nobles? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkpyro1301

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:45 pm
barnes & noble has a better manga collection!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:59 pm
I much prefer Barnes and Noble for the fact they have a better selection and variety of manga. whee  

Masuya

anarchyneko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:22 am
i've been to both, so i'll try to get as much info as i can. There really isnt much difference between them.

BORDERS: Have a good selection of books, sometimes they have figurines or cards. If you give them your E-mail address, they will send you coupons at least weekly. usually 10%, 15%, and 20%. sometimes the percent will be higher.

BARNES N' NOBLES: Have a variety of books, have good quality sketch books. Sell godivia chocolate at the register(ummm!!!)If you join some card thing there(im having mind block) you get 10% off of the whole purchase.

i'll post anything else if i can remember it.

=^nn^=  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:54 am
I would have to say it depends on what brand company you are looking for.

For instance, Borders will carry Tokyopop, but only if it has a rating of Older teen and lower. They also are working towards a new system of laying out the manga by age ratings and then alphabetical within the age sections. As we all know, there are some manga that have art that looks kid friendly, but the context of the pages differs from that line of thought.

Barnes N' Noble already has their pre-teen and older teen manga seperated. They also have their manga listed under the "Fantasy/Science Fiction" section (while as Borders just has it under "Manga").

Here's another example, let's say you want the series "Kodocha." I have only been able to find it at Barnes N' Noble, Borders does not carry this series. I am not sure as to why, but in all honesty you'll probably just have to look between them for the series you want.

Also, another thing to consider is that most Barnes N' Nobles will restack their shelves more quickly then Borders. (At least all the ones in the metro area that I've been too)

Also, if you are looking for a way to get cheaper books I recomend Half Priced Books. If they don't have the book you want I've had a lot of success with mentioning the title of a manga series and finding it within a month.

Both Barnes N' Nobles and Borders should have the same prices, although there have been a few instances where I have noticed that Borders has cheaper prices. Someone else mentioned the online coupons with Borders, they now also have a rewards card too. I recomend it. Five percent of all your purchases there go towards a holiday shoping day.

I hope you find this information useful. =)  

AngelAchika

-Kiro-Hidan-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:28 am
i say borders cause you can earn holiday discounts and ive always been able to find somthing ive been looking for there they carry figurines, animanga, and even though they dont carry some titles you can almost always find something, Barnes N' Noble is okay but its kinda disorganised and other than that they do have a wide variety but its kinda hard to find certain volumes of manga since its a popular store and at least for the one where i live, everytime a new manga vol. comes out thats very popular a lot of people pack the store trying to get it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:13 pm
i go to barnes and nobles more....(there's a starbucks in mine xd )

hehe it also has a wider selection of manga than my borders so...yeah..  

Ladyinthebluedress

Nurse Bree

High-functioning Dabbler

7,600 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:54 pm
Borders because you can get anime figures there too.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:30 pm
Borders!  

Acid_PopTart

inufan2005

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:15 am
That is a tough one especially since wwhere I live we don't have either! We just have Waldenbooks and Hasting Bookstore.

But I would have to say Barnes and Noble just because I have gotten a few books there and I had to go at least 100 miles to get there! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:54 am
um... Waldenbooks.. bu tthats not an option..  

KohanaXo

OrangeBellesRing

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:59 pm
crying_blind_eyes
Hello there! I know there are other books stores out there but I just want to know...Which one, out of Borders and Barns & Nobles, is better and, of course, why?

Barnes & Noble definately! I'm not sure why, but I've always loved that place cuz almost every time I'm looking for a specific manga, it's usually there. 3nodding

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:43 am
Borders is closer to where I live and I can sit down and read books there in the cafe area, but Barnes and Nobles has some series that Borders dosen't... I can't tell, I like them both xd  

Disgruntled Minion

Cola Addict

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:24 pm
Borders, specifically on Sunset and Vine in Hollywood or the one across the street from the Glendale Galleria in the city of Glendale, CA. It's like a manga library at Borders.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:03 pm
doesnt matter to me

just as long as i get some manga and anime stuff blaugh then im happy  

PinayFlipMode

Jun Saito

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:36 pm
Borders, the Barnes and Noble here has a very poor selection.  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff