Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Cornelia Funke(did you know she's german?O.o) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whick book do you prefer
  inkheart
  inkspell
  thief lord
  dragon rider
  ....GIMME GOLD!
View Results

Janviarius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:05 am
Wow, I never knew she was german. eek Anyways I've read all her books so far and I like The Thief Lord the best.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:35 pm
I've tried to read some of her books, but I couldn't get into them.  

portofships

Unwanted_and_Unloved

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:41 pm
Yeah, I knew she was Germen. The Theif Lord, I actually didn't like so much though. I haven't read it in a while so I'll read it agin, but it wasn't my favorite. Dragon Rider I thought was a bit of a let down too. I loved Inkheart and Inkspell though, does anyone know when the third book is coming out or what it will be called?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:18 am
Her books rock socks whee

I absolutely adore them!!!!!  

Tarantellatears

Pretty Handsome Awesome

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:19 pm
I have read Inkheart, Inkspell, and Thief Lord. I love them all! I know that there German, My foreign exchange student from Germany brought me the Thief Lord from Germany  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:46 am
I love Cornelia Funke's books. My favorite was Theif Lord and Inkheart is really good to.

I saw the Theif Lord movie, but I didn't like it much.

The new Inkheart movie should be interesting, but I think that the people they got for Mo and Meggie are completely wrong. Mo doesn't look fatherly enough and Meggie looks to young and immature. Dustfinger is okay, but I still imagined him as older.  

Tickle Toe Bob

Black Rose 613

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:07 pm
i didn't know that she was German.....interesting 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:30 pm
I knew she was german ^^ but that's probobly cuase I have been taking german for a long time now and I notice things like that XD I love the book Dragon Rider. Twiggleg is awesome :3  

Izzy Akira

lovebooks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:57 am
I knew she was german.

she's good but I didn't care for Thief lord, I think it's one of her weakest.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:06 pm
Yeah, they were all good. Thief Lord was my favorite, the idea and inspiration is just so original. Inkheart is a close second, with Inkspell just behind. They're all so imaginative, and were good. Dragon Rider was OK, but the other ones were just so much better, and there are definitely better fantasy books out there about dragons than Dragon Rider.  

SexyDeity

ninja_lord76

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:18 pm
I own all of them with the exeption of thief lord.I havent goten around to reading them but as soon as I am done with the trilogy I am reading I am going to start on Inkheart.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:03 pm
Iloved both Thief Lord and Ink Heart.('mlistening to Ink Spell on tape because oddly, the local library doesn't have it in book form. surprised But Brenden Fraser(?) does a wonderful job reading it. I don'tremember the dragon lord one, so it musn't have been that good...  

fairywaif

MyLadyMandy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:12 pm
I've read Thief Lord and Dragon Rider, but I didn't realise she was German until around halfway through Inkheart when I read the back flap, and I was surprised, to be honest. I'd always thought she was Italian or something, probably because Theif Lord was the first of her books that I read...

I've yet to get to Inkspell, but it's on my list. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:45 pm
I absolutely ADORE Cornelia Funke's books! heart The style of writing she has just draws me right it...Inkheart and Inkspell were my favorites, because of how they were all about reading and books. I totally fell for Dustfinger... Dragon Rider is amazing too. And Thief Lord. I think it's awesome that she's German because that's my heritage! smile  

Mara Jade Immortal

I Am THE Vampire Of All

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:04 pm
I read Inkheart(Or is it Inkspell? I'm not sure which book came first) and i totally loved. Does anyone know when the movie is coming out?  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff