Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Diane Duane Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you read any of Diane Duane's books or heard of her?
  yes
  no
View Results

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:18 pm
It was some part where Ponch was begging for dog treats or something, Kit tells him that he'd get so big he'd look like a blimp, and Ponch replies, "But I'd be a happy blimp."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:28 pm
XD i remember that part. that part made me life. there is nothing better that a dog that is a happy blimp.  

Shiama

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:16 pm
Yes, that was my favorite part in that entire book. Possibly in all the books I've read past 3. I laughed so hard when I read that line.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:57 pm
YAY I REMEMBER NOW!! xd
PONCH= heart
he is probably the bets character...although i like nita and kit as well  

laaalalalalalalalalas

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:00 pm
I liked Nita better when she had an affinity for living things. Really, how do you go from living things to stars? Kit starts to annoy me around the same time Nita does. (No character ever escapes me being annoyed with them. n.n") Ponch is my favorite character, period, in A Wizard Alone. I don't like any of the other characters in that book. I can't say if he remains my favorite after that; I still haven't read A Wizard's Holiday.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:28 pm
After a while i na series I think that Diane Duane started to run out of ideas and so she started to throw some things together to make it seem to fit.  

Shiama

sabriel111

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:22 pm
I've read up to number five or six can't remember her books are really good my favorite character is Nita she's pretty awesome. There have also been points in the book that confused me especially in the fourth one when they started talking about the history of Ireland and how all the powerfull ones are so attached to it. I really started to lose track of what they were saying but the rest of the book was pretty interesting. Though the first one in my opionion the best it had more action in it and the other ones had too much talking and dialoge in them with too many personal problems. Though overall the series is good.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:49 pm
heart Ponch heart gives the story life without him the stories wouldn't be nearly as much fun  

Twilights_dawn13

CastleAlyts

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:20 pm
Duana
Wizard series, is pretty good, haven't finished it, but the library didn't have it. Though she has written other books as well that both have you wonder "huh" and "this is neat" She must be a pretty good writer if I can get through a book of hers and still come out the end not knowing whats really going on until two days later.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:56 am
I love her! Out of all the authors that describe magic, I find hers the most believable. And the way that she explains the vistas of nature and space? She's just...wow! I've gotta be truthful, though, in her Young Wizards series I disliked books 3, 5, and 6. I loved 1, 2, and 7. I thought 4 and 8 were okay. If Nita and Kit don't get toether soon I'm going to have to punch something!

Everyone knows of Young Wizards, but what about Tale of the Five? I think there was supposed to be 5 books, but I doubt she'll ever finish it. Only 2 are out now. I hated the 2cd, but the first was wonderful. Duane created a religion for the book's world and described it impeccably. Not to be shallow, but the main character is incredibly sexy. wink There's a scene towards the end book 1 when he has an out-of-body experience and when he looks down at his body and describes himself...Dear God, I can honestly say that was the only time I've ever drooled on a book!

MinervaEvenstar

Darth_Magus1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:10 am
I have all 8 books but only read 6 of them so far, but it's been a while since I've been caught up in other series lol I also have an X-Men book, "Empire's End" by her which was pretty good. Also have some Young Net Force books by her as well. Overall a good author. The 9th book will come out later in 2008.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:18 am
There's gonna be nine Young Wizards books? I think I stopped at six. Maybe seven. I can't even remember.  

NightIntent
Captain

luna1313132

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:33 am
I LOVE the Young Wizards books!!! I am waiting impatiently for a Wizard on Mars to come out... I have gotten two people into her books so far. I kinda like the somewhat randomness of the books at times, it makes me think about it before I can fully understand it.

I want to read her Middle Kingdom books also known as The Tale of Five.

If your a fan of Young Wizards you should check out the site and forums if you haven't already, its www.youngwizards.com  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff