Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Disturbing rumors and online imprinting Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kahri

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:50 am
See, I think that maybe the seeming "aliveness" of the picture may just be fear. Hear me out. When I first saw this picture, it was a bit curious, but not disturbing. But as I continued to look at it, (it was 4 am) it got really unsettling, as if she was actually staring at me. It's still a bit creepy. It's an excellent work of photography. I feel like I was staring at some hidden part of myself http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=3369241
And though her expression is blank, the new and unfamiliar form of the picture allows our brains to impring our fears onto it. She felt as if she had a secret to me.

EDIT: I didn't recieve this link with some bizarre rumor, I just came across it while surfing. Aside from the quote on the home page, power of suggestion is nonexistant in this instance (at least for me).  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:54 am
Not to say that attributes could not have been imbued by whoever came up with the story, but I did a little research and found the webpage of the picture's real author. It gives a little blurb on the picture. The artists name is Robert Chan. He lives in California.

http://lunatique.cgsociety.org/gallery/325333/  

Dulliath

Madame Macabre

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:29 am
I definately felt something strange, but I cannot place my finger on what it was.
Though it was mentally disturbing. I had to exit out of it cause it freaked me out. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:35 pm
Nice work FLO, very nice work. The altered version is incredibly creepy, I didn't look at it for long. Bear in mind that I'm somewhat drunk at the moment. The original version is very pretty, but for whatever reason it seems to have a very almost holographic look to it, there's an incredible illusion of depth to the picture that makes it seem very three dimensional.

But on the subject of charging art and that kind of thing, I strongly reccomend you look up a man named Austin Osman Spare, who was an occult artist of some repute and a big influence on contemporary chaos magic (from what I understand).  

Gideon Starorzewski

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:05 pm
Dulliath
Not to say that attributes could not have been imbued by whoever came up with the story, but I did a little research and found the webpage of the picture's real author. It gives a little blurb on the picture. The artists name is Robert Chan. He lives in California.

http://lunatique.cgsociety.org/gallery/325333/

And he is not allowed to do anything involving the human female form ever again. I will work to pass legislation on that fact. The expressiveness he puts into the faces of the women he creates is so deep it should be qualified as a Weapon of Mass Distraction. Jeebus. One of the women had a look on her face so forlorn I almost started crying in sympathy.

A friend of mine doesn't have the same skill as this guy, but he's almost as good at capturing the expressions - I looked at one of his pieces ("Unhappy Wedding", which I later bought) while it was still in the sketch stage and immediately asked him "WHAT DID YOU DO TO THIS GIRL?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:59 am
It's just fuzzy... stare That's why you cannot stare at it for a long time.  

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

The Lady Voldemort

Anxious Millionaire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:24 pm
I felt a little creepy, but only after I read the story behind it. The power of suggestion. However, I do think that pictures can evoke certain moods. THis though, is just an urban legend.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff