Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Incest? o_0 Love it or hate it? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yaoi incest:
  Love it
  Hate it.
  Poll whore, RAWR.
View Results

ianthine

Dapper Spotter

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:33 pm
I think incest is okay, as long as all people involved in it are fine with it! =D I'd never 'likelike' someone in my family, but I love seeing it on fanfiction or fanart. Like .. ItaSasu & HPtwincest & Elricest is fine. =P  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:37 pm
I dunno. I'll read some incest, but that's mostly fanfics or doujinshis, although Angel Sanctuary is an exception. And the way the author presented it makes me not object to it so much. I mean, if you're reading fiction of any sort, you know it's not really real, so you're a bit divorced from the concept and consequences. Anyways, most incest I've seen isn't even cannon, so I chalk that up to just interpreting different things.

There are American works (movies and/or books like Candle In the Window) that explore the concept of incest.

So, I guess in literature I don't really have a problem with it, but in real life I probably would. And parent/child is a huge no-no in all cases. That's just wrong on more levels than incest.  

Ace of Blue Spades

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100

Servant of Soubi

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:53 pm
I'm on the fence on this one. While I don't mind yaoi incest. Real incest definetly bothers me. Probably because I have siblings.

I'm a bit of a hypocrite I guess.  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:46 am
i never though incest could work out of steaming hot stories, but a very hot twin has proved me wrong eek ah! the memories!  

experimentme

MOOGADANG

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:35 am
Hate it.
Angel Sanctuary totally ruined it for me.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:31 pm
~I have no qualms with incest. I myself am quite fond of Elricest, Uchihacest and Hao/Yoh. Even in real life, I don't really see the problem. The only negative effect it can have is if they have children which can be pretty easily avoided. Plus, that's not even a possibility with the yaoi and yuri incestual couples.  

Asteren

Practiced Healer

25,550 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Elocutionist 200

xxservedxx

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:11 pm
In most cases, I can tolerate incest. My favourite pairing, though outside of anime and manga, is the Weasley twins ^_^
I guess it just depends on the canon relationship between the two people. If they're just not of the right relationship... It just doesn't work then.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:45 pm
Incest... well, love is love right? I mean, I personally have nothing against incest at all, be it anime/manga, fiction or in reality... ((I'd be a hypocrite if I said otherwise, cos I had a teeny crush on a cousin that I rarely ever saw when I was younger eek ))
*ahem*
Back to the anime/manga/fiction thing. I used to think it was bad, but once I stumbled across a Weasley twincest, there was no turing back for me 3nodding I'm pretty damn sure it's the whole 'forbidden love' thing that gets me - makes it all the sexier wink
However, I'm not too fond of Angel Sanctuary... but that's just me.

I'm actually in the process of finishing my first slash story that I plan to get published (if not public, then for my friends). Now whenever I go back to edit, I realize that I've put implications of incest in the ending chapters... then again, it wouldn't exactly be incest, considering the brothers are only legally related with no crossing bloodline whatsoever (as of yet)... heheheh... *cackles*

In brief, I have nothing against incest - except parent/child. That's a whole new can of worms right there that I'm not going to get into...

Fido-s Revenge

apocalypse-song

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:20 pm
Oh wow, Incest...Well, my OTP is Seto/Mokuba, so that should clear up any confusion on the subject razz

I think incest is great! What's better then two boys having to hide their relationship from mommy and daddy razz ! So much fun.

And real life? Well, I'd never feel that way for either of my sisters, but I really have no problem with it. Why is it my place to say it's wrong?

Elricest&Kaibacest > Uchiacest DD:!

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:28 pm
I love it. Incest is totally the best. Very romantical. ^_^ heart  

ph34r t3h b3cc4

M.K. Morreaux

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:52 pm
I think a lot of us got into the incest thing because of our favorite - or just plain interesting - pairings in fandom.

It's hot to us, since we can't ge hurt by it. Especially the yaoi bit. Or yuri. No fear of deformed offspring, eh, poppets? Though.... there is MPreg in some stories.... Ignore that note.

But one thing it has in common with reality, it's romantic to think of it as taboo love. We like thinking about it because it makes good drama. The Church and a whole lot of institutes would bloody well ban it, but there is is for you. Life's rough.

For me, well, I' haven't done anything about it, but one of my cousins is just too hot to be in the same room with. wink

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:36 pm
The only anime I can stand incest in is FullMetal Alchemist...  

Kalypso Kitsune

_0-Mr Gold-0_

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:48 pm
I like incest! heart it so hott! I can't say it wrong in real life since....who the hell am I? stopping true love.  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:08 pm
Depends on the couple..  

DMMegsie

6,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200

Katastrophic_Kate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:25 am
hmmm difficult to say. I don't think incest between a brother and sister is a good idea because deformed babies arn't a happy thing to have. However it dosn't seem fair to hate hetero incest and not homo incest. I'm not used to reading a lot of yaoi with incest so I'm not sure how I feel about that....but Angel santuary dosn't bother me so.....whatever.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff