Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Angels And Airwaves Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Like them?
  Ja.
  Nu.
View Results

xvxMadexvx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:15 pm
i love angles and airwaves they fully rock and kick a** i have there album and it fully rocks i hope they come to aus and tour soon now that would fully rock  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:17 pm

Never heard them! =D

Bottine

sandy1o1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:50 pm
OMG!!!! I love Angels and Airwaves heart There one of my favorite bands!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:28 am
Not a big fan, saying that I was never a big fan of anything blink did, so its not likely I'm going to like A&A.

I just kinda find them, repetitive and boring, its not something I can dance too, its not something I can relate too, its not something I see much talent in... But it is something I can see being around for a long time.

Oh and I hope Tom Delong is enjoying the lawsuit from Valve, for using combine soldiers in the video for 'It hurts' without prior permission.  

Rellik San
Captain

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:29 am
Poppy cupcakes!

Never heard them! =D

In all honesty, your not missing much, its Tom Delong making music thats trying to be a cut above the rest, by using high budget videos and saturation marketing.

Give them a try though, you might like them.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:47 am
yeah they are an alright band not one of my favs to be honest he as in the singer was better in Blink 182  

BleedingDreamKit

WonderfullyFlawed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:51 am
AVA is awesome, Not only have they created music that only few other bands have even come remotely close to but they are coming out with the most meaningful songs since U2, they have managed to take U2 heartfilled and Anthemic style of music and incorperated the Punk sound that Tom Delonge is famous for.

heart ~Angels And Airwaves~ heart

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:36 am
WonderfullyFlawed
AVA is awesome, Not only have they created music that only few other bands have even come remotely close to but they are coming out with the most meaningful songs since U2, they have managed to take U2 heartfilled and Anthemic style of music and incorperated the Punk sound that Tom Delonge is famous for.

heart ~Angels And Airwaves~ heart

....Please tell me... what do you call 'Punk'?

AVA, are nothing like punk, nor are they like U2, Tom Delong sings in a monotonous voice all the way through, they are the creation of a record label that wants to make as much money as possiblem and has seen a gap in the market where they can do so.

As for Punk, Heres what I call punk: Green Jelly, Assorted Jellybeans, The Clash and the Ramones. There, now no one can call me a hipocrit.

I'm sorry I know this is over riding your opinion. But I must contest comments like 'Few other bands have come close too', iuf you want anthemic, go to a music festival, see how many people chant AVA over say Queen, Pantera, Maiden, Metallica, U2, Megadeth, Korn, Coal Chamber, My Ruin, Type O Negative, They Might Be Giants and many other bands, that don't have the backing AVA do, have been around, and still will be around longer then AVA and still manage to make songs that everyone knows, without the aid of a million dollar advertising campaign or video's that have higher production values then then the songs themselves.

AVA are, always were intended to be and always will be a creation of corporations, lets face it, were it not for Tom Delonge being in them, how many records do you honestly think they would sell?

Hell, they wouldn't have even been picked up by the record labels, they would be another struggling garage band, dreaming of the day they make it big, but never ever doing so. They are designed for people to be told what is good music and what isn't, they are no better then the boybands of the 90's in terms of what they represent.

I'm sorry, but your opinion is riddled with remarks that I find to be misinformed and misunderstood, please don't see this as a personal attack as it isn't, I am merely stating what is the honest truth about this band. I'm not saying people shouldn't like them, if you like them, don't let me and my opinion stop you from doing so. However, I would at least like it, if you all stopped hiding behind such rubbish as them being 'anthemic' and 'having Tom Delonge's musical genius' and face what they really are. A band, for the masses, by the mass media.  

Rellik San
Captain

Morganna Renae

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:28 am
i LOVE Angels and Airwaves! heart heart  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:26 am
I was really big on blink and boxcar when i was younger, and i still go back and listen to them on occasion, but i just cant get into Angels and Airwaves...  

el-cuervo87

XtehXbreakableX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:51 pm
i think they are quite good. but blink are better  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:55 pm
I think the cd is okay. I wasn't really blown away by it but I love Tom so...I don't think that people are being open minded enough about the band. Maybe I'm wrong...  

Goo_Goo_Dolls_Fanatic

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:35 pm
Goo_Goo_Dolls_Fanatic
I think the cd is okay. I wasn't really blown away by it but I love Tom so...I don't think that people are being open minded enough about the band. Maybe I'm wrong...

Your wrong, its a fact, they suck balls, Tom Delonge is ripping off U2 and other big stadium bands and is trying to change music by doing whats been done before, they are pretentious, plagiarists (the storm troopers in the video for 'It hurts' look strikingly familiar to anyone who's played HL2). The fact is, angels and airwaves suck.

And I did give them a genuine chance, I listened to the album, because typically the worst tracks are released as singles... but no, there was nothing of worth, nothing that hasn't been done before and a million times better.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 pm
Yeah.I so happen to be a big Blink-182 fan,but I was sort of disappointed that the band broke up & went their own seperate ways.They were a good band to me

A&A I just totally luv.I can relate to them alot & the music sorta soothes me LOL.
[+44 is awesome too]
=]

heart

BunnyCupCakes

Amazingemail

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:53 am
I'm still waiting for Tom to save music like he said he would.  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games