Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Captain Kirk or Captain Picard?[Poll fixed] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fav Captain?
  Kirk
  Picard
  Sisko
  Janeway
  Archer
View Results

Ginga

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:24 pm
KrisConway
Eh...Janeway was neat...Picard was cool too.

Overall...I'd say Janeway. smile

*glomps you*  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:45 am
No problem, heres an example:

Equinox, Part 2:

Janeway has one of Ransom's captured crewmembers tied up and put in the cargo bay, ordering him to reveal Ransom's tactical status. She's prepared to drop the shields around the room and allow the alien lifeforms to come in and kill him. He refuses to talk, so Janeway and Chakotay wait outside the cargo bay as a fissure begins forming in the cargo bay. When Chakotay realizes that Janeway isn't bluffing, he breaks into the room and fires his phaser at the fissure, collapsing it before an alien can pass through.

This is from the www.startrek.com  

Christophers

white_stranger

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:34 am
Ginga
white_stranger
Ginga
*flails*

Still, no one says Janeway! Alright, I didn't want to do this, but...

Okay, I DID want to do it.

*breaks out the "Janeway Pwns" signs and sets up shop over in the center of the room* domokun

As much I love Sisko and Kirk, I'm going to help her. *heads over to Ginga carrying a big poster of Janeway*

Oh, FINALLY! I'm not alone anymore. whee

Hey guess what I got. *Hands Ginga a Janeway: 1st Lady of Trek button* So what do you think?  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:45 am
Christophers

Equinox, Part 2:

Janeway has one of Ransom's captured crewmembers tied up and put in the cargo bay, ordering him to reveal Ransom's tactical status. She's prepared to drop the shields around the room and allow the alien lifeforms to come in and kill him. He refuses to talk, so Janeway and Chakotay wait outside the cargo bay as a fissure begins forming in the cargo bay. When Chakotay realizes that Janeway isn't bluffing, he breaks into the room and fires his phaser at the fissure, collapsing it before an alien can pass through.

and...so?

That is an act of Cruelty, an act needed to save her crew. Doesn't make her a Hypocrite.  

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

Christophers

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:36 pm
Never mind, I can put up examples all day, and you will shoot them down. You know good and well, that the means do not justify the ends. So I am finished.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:46 pm
Se Ga Takai
Christophers

Equinox, Part 2:

and...so?

That is an act of Cruelty, an act needed to save her crew. Doesn't make her a Hypocrite.

And I was just about to say, "So? That was cool. wink "

surprised *takes the button and glomps it* *pins it to shirt* Eeeee!  

Ginga

Lindira
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:23 am
Se Ga Takai
And you're forgetting rank, here. In many cases where people were chastised, they went against orders. Whos orders did she go against?

The only orders I know she went against were the Doctor's, but that's not such a big deal because all the other captains when against doctor's orders at one point or another. (Actually, I can't think of an instance involving Sisko, but I'm sure he would have if he could have. wink )

I think what's scary about what you said, though, is that she didn't go against anyone's orders because she had no one to answer to. Whatever she wanted to do, the crew had to do it, or it'd be mutiny. Thankfully, she handled her absolute power well, but I think Ransom was brought in to show just how bad she could have been, with no Starfleet around to keep captains in check.  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:10 pm
Lindira
Se Ga Takai
And you're forgetting rank, here. In many cases where people were chastised, they went against orders. Whos orders did she go against?

The only orders I know she went against were the Doctor's, but that's not such a big deal because all the other captains when against doctor's orders at one point or another. (Actually, I can't think of an instance involving Sisko, but I'm sure he would have if he could have. wink )

I think what's scary about what you said, though, is that she didn't go against anyone's orders because she had no one to answer to. Whatever she wanted to do, the crew had to do it, or it'd be mutiny. Thankfully, she handled her absolute power well, but I think Ransom was brought in to show just how bad she could have been, with no Starfleet around to keep captains in check.
I think, giventhe option, Sisko would have denied the Surgery to remove the Tumor that was allowing him to commune with the Prophets. Pretty sure Bashir wouldn't have been to happy about that Decision, either.

Though, since Jake was given the Decision, I'm guessing it wouldn't have been an order, it was probably an open option to begin with. Then again, the Admiral wasn't very fond of the Tumor to begin with. That episode had a few too many variables to properly debate, come to think of it sweatdrop  

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

Gelasius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:07 am
Picard rocks. I like Patrick Stewart a lot. Saw him five times in his one man show of A Christmas Carol.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:21 am
Damnit, Spock - WHY DID YOU DIE ON US..TWICE!?

I would like to say I hate Kirk for two or three reasons :
1. Spock jumped in front of Kirk, when clearly Kirk could have gotten heroiclly out of the situation by ducking and throwing a rock.
2. He goes into Romulan Territory in Episode..125 (I think) The Enterprise Incident. He then becomes enemies with Spock, until Kirk finally SOMEHOW leanrs the "Vulcan Death Pinch."
3. T wasn't a good middle name for James T. Kirk.

Therefore, Picard pwnes all. Janeway is retarded, and Sisko might as well not be there. For Picard was the greatest man...EVER.  

Spockk

Bored Summer Girl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:40 pm
While Kirk was incredibly cool, I like Picard's treaty-making. Although, I really enjoy Kirk's speeches on humankind and moral values. So, um . . . my favorite captain is . . . um. . .Picard. I think. Maybe I should just go with Sisko.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:36 am
Se Ga Takai
Sisko
Same here  

master_jedi

Squirrelfang

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:19 pm
Of the four shows I've seen (TNG, TOS, DS9 and like, a few episodes of Voyager stare ...) I've got to go with Picard.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:51 pm
I have a 3-way tie.

Kirk, Archer, And Sisco.

oh abd Data made a really good Captain to. on the episode when he got temporary comand of that one ship and he didn't take no s**t off of anyone.  

Curtis25

lymelady

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:50 pm
Sisco. He had guts, he had passion, and he had reserve. He was an easygoing captain but a captain. Unlike piccard, he mixed with the crew and got to know them well. He's sit in with them while they ate and drank and sang songs.

When Piccard's replacement did that, they all knew something was up. Piccard was very disciplined, but he wasn't as vibrant. Kirk was very hard to not choose, but Sisco had more restraint than he did. I can't say why I don't like Archer as much. I think it's because his character didn't really have time to develop much. And then there was Janeway, but I can't remember her and NOWHERE can I find reruns gonk

Sisco didn't go against Bashir's orders. His suggestions, yes, but not his orders, I think. Though Sisco did have a way of convincing his crew that they didn't really hear the transmissions with orders from starfleet that didn't fit with their plans.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff