Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AnonymousJoe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:20 pm
Red-Baron
I'd pour urine on them in their sleep ninja
no, duct tape them to the bed, cut/dye their hair, hide their suitcase/throw it into swamp or lake just dont get caught doing any of the above  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:03 pm
Yamato Kuroshin
Well, I have gotten the 'Ska Sucks!' responce often. Then I b***h and question until they crack and state that it was one song from one band that made them hate Ska. Bastards. And many people have never even heard of it. They are all like 'whats your favorate genre of music', i'm like 'ska' and they are like 'What the hell is that?'
Annoying as hell. x_X

yeah i dont like when people base their opinions on one song they heard. in ANY genre there are many bad songs out there. people should not be so quick to judge  

fretchenessen

GIoom
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:12 pm
fretchenessen
Yamato Kuroshin
Well, I have gotten the 'Ska Sucks!' responce often. Then I b***h and question until they crack and state that it was one song from one band that made them hate Ska. Bastards. And many people have never even heard of it. They are all like 'whats your favorate genre of music', i'm like 'ska' and they are like 'What the hell is that?'
Annoying as hell. x_X

yeah i dont like when people base their opinions on one song they heard. in ANY genre there are many bad songs out there. people should not be so quick to judge
Exactly!

Kind of off topic here. Ignorance runs rampant in the "land of the free". Big business tells America what it should like. People expect to be told what to like and what not to like. Us rudies know what we want though. Nobody told me to like ska. I just do.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:02 pm
I bet ten percent of the kids at my school know what ska is. That's being generous, because that's about 100 kids. Probably about 59. Maybe 63.  

Spiral Tuboflex

Feline Worshipper

26,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Skabro

Dapper Raider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:26 pm
x moonlightangel x
Anyone ever make fun of you when you told people you listened to ska? Did you ever get the, "Ska?! What the heck is that?!", response?

I have. And it doesnt bother me one bit. I love how most people dont listen to it.. Cause I'm so sick of all the stuff that people listen to today.

Anyone agree with me?

Yeah....heck of...AND im mormon so I get it double whammy!

-Skabro domokun  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:01 am
Haha... Not one of my friends, except for Devon know what ska is. XD

My art teacher is awesome, though. I was talking to her about music, and then somehow I ended up mentioning ska, and since everyone else is just like 'wtf is SKA?', I asked her if she knew what it was, and she responded right away with: "Of course I know what ska is! Do you think I live in a closet??"
XDD  

strawberry poo kmoo

Marbles_shrooms

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:36 pm
like a few weeks ago i was sitting wating to get picked up, and i had my Catch 22 shirt on, and this kid goes " Catch 22, awsome book, but if your a f** and you like ska then thats cool to" and luckly my friend heard him and i didnt, i though he said but if you like ska then thats cool to, and my friend goes to me he goes, arnt you going to kick his a**, i was like why, he was like he just called you a f**, and by the time he told me this the a*****e was driving out of the parking lot flipping me off, damn i wish i had caught that car, i really do, i would have taken that a** rapers tennis racket and beat the s**t out of him and ******** damn if i had got him scream  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:30 pm
Marbles_shrooms
like a few weeks ago i was sitting wating to get picked up, and i had my Catch 22 shirt on, and this kid goes " Catch 22, awsome book, but if your a f** and you like ska then thats cool to" and luckly my friend heard him and i didnt, i though he said but if you like ska then thats cool to, and my friend goes to me he goes, arnt you going to kick his a**, i was like why, he was like he just called you a f**, and by the time he told me this the a*****e was driving out of the parking lot flipping me off, damn i wish i had caught that car, i really do, i would have taken that a** rapers tennis racket and beat the s**t out of him and ******** damn if i had got him scream
remember his face and do it later  

AnonymousJoe

Neako

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:44 pm
While there aren't many people at my school that dress like rudies, there seem to be quite a few that listen to ska. I was in health class talking to my friend about japanese ska (she had no idea what ska was >.>) and the dead head/druggy kid sitting next to me was all like, Tokyo Paradise Ska Orchestra rocks! Still, most people I talk to have no idea what ska is.  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:48 pm
about 50- 75 % of my school is full of potheads, so the other 25% keep it up cause were # 4 in new york or something i dont know whatever but anyways with all these people who like bob marley and smoking the reefer, i would think they would have heard of ska, im sure they have heard ska, they just have no clue what it is  

Marbles_shrooms

boy_no_13

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:09 pm
Marbles_shrooms
about 50- 75 % of my school is full of potheads, so the other 25% keep it up cause were # 4 in new york or something i dont know whatever but anyways with all these people who like bob marley and smoking the reefer, i would think they would have heard of ska, im sure they have heard ska, they just have no clue what it is

Thats odd, they really should have heard of ska- especially the two tone stuff!  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:12 am
Well...i think it's safe to say hardly non-one around here knows what ska is..unless i give them a detailed explination to what it is..(which doesn't always work) none of my friends know what it is....however they've never taken the piss just because i like something they don't.....which is good. Mind, there's a bunch of old mods, skinheads and punks that are cool to chat to at gigs and such like. There's a bunch of people from down south that i know of that like ska....but whether i ever go down south is another matter really.  

ll llchas_smashll ll

AnonymousJoe

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:56 pm
Marbles_shrooms
id say about 90% of my school is on pot none of them have heard of ska and only a few listen to marley most listen to rap  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:15 pm
There's this girl who doesn't make fun of ska, per se, but is a bit of a dumbass.... I wrote an article about Ska for Journalism (It really was more of an essay, and it was like... a page and a half long. Far too big for a mediocre school paper, apparently) Anyway. My friends and I explained ska to her, and she tried to skank... It was so hilarious. It was kind of like she was kicking some one in the groin, only repeatedly and in kind of a jumpy fashion.. Hard to describe. So she kept going, "LOOK! I CAN SKA!"

...yeah.  

Noriko_Mimura

Electric Uncle Akuma

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:17 pm
"I'm not in the mood for you "clever" blend of horns and guitars."
^ Direct quote from the kid next to me in geometry.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff