Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Manga][FAKE] Anyone read it? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Void Stone

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:20 pm
I loved FAKE! My first yaoi manga. I got my dad to buy it for me. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:39 am
Oh yeah!!! FAKE and Until the Full Moon (both by the same author) are my favorite mangas. I personally like J.J. I think that he is adorable!!!  

EdwardtheAssassin

Lainy122

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:19 pm
Not Gabor
Fake is one of my favorite mangas. (For the people that dont know it is about two gay cops in New York.) The story line is amazing and the art is good too. Not only that but i fell in love with the characters. Any one else feel the same?

I love FAKE! The art style isn't really my favourite, but the characters and the storylines and everything else are just so awesome, I just can't not love it biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:43 pm
I love FAKE, just read the seventh book a few hours ago, and I was so not disappointed. talk2hand

I love the movie/OAV, whichever... but the voices were totally not what I expected. Now I love the voices, but when I first saw it, first thought; 'ew'.

Anyone else expected Ryo's voice to be... softer? I guess is the word.  

tech meow

palindrome88

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:08 pm
-Dancing Deathscythes-
I adore FAKE! It's one of my favorite manga series. I love Ryo! It's amusing to see Dee and Berkley battle it out, and then have JJ on the side. It's funny how there are Dee/JJ fans, but no Berkley/Ryo fans (I think it's cute!)

I like Berkley/Ryo, actually. I mean, I love Dee with Ryo, but he can be a bit much sometimes. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:58 pm
I've only seen the FAKE OVA, but I really loved it. I thought it was like Scooby Doo. But gay. =DDD

I can't find the manga anywhere, I'm going to have to buy it online... without my mother asking questions of what it's about... XD

Glitterdash

0 Gecko Girl Vici 0

Tipsy Regular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:57 pm
Not Gabor
oh by the way...i just discovered that the 7th book is never wrapped in plastic at Boarders. yeah i thought that was wierd but hey. also they dont care if you buy manga with a warning on it if you are under 18.

Really? =0

Dude coz I bought volume 7 at Borders (coulda been waldenbooks) and the sucker was PLASTIC WRAPPED. I was like, DEWD. I couldnt even flip through the pages crying

Anyway, I didnt get ID'd either. And trust me.. I look like a youngin. =P

Didnt bother me any tho. I just skipped out of the store with a huge grin on my face =) FAKE VOLUME 7!!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:56 pm
FAKE totally pwns all other yaoi manga. xD I'm sorry, I know people like "heavier" stuff then that but too much sex in a book kinda turns me off. FAKE has a great plot, gorgeous art and the best storyline ever! Ryo and Dee actually establish a firm relationship before having sex, which is totally awesome. It's really about love, which is what I like in a BL story.

As for the OVA, it was great. (Gosh, it sucks in english. Please everyone, never watch it in english.) I like how they added in all the extra stuff Sanami Matoh said she wanted to add but couldn't due to the page restrictions in the manga. Glad to meet other FAKE fans. biggrin It's my first BL and will always be my favorite.  

Reyire Alexander

Kitsune-chi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:39 am
*grins* I never get checked either. Granted, I have never bought anything above 16+ and I look a little older than I actually am, but nobody says anything.

... Which doesn't stop me from being hopelessly embarassed whenever I buy it. Eheheh.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:25 pm
*Corrects Topic Title*

Who HASN'T read FAKE?!
xd

It was my first yaoi manga also. Thanks to my brother! whee  

ravenb0w

Shuichi_Yuy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:13 pm
Whheeeee!!! I just love fake!!!!! It was my first yaoi!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:35 am
I absolutely adore Fake mangas, they were all great volumes.  

Kurushime

Winged Demon

10,325 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100

milkymosaic
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:25 pm
Absolutely. It was my second yaoi manga after all. heart  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:19 pm
I heart FAKE!

I own all seven volumes and the OVA.

The art felt very odd to me at first, but all I had to do was read the first volume and I fell in love with the storyline. After that, it didn't take too long to get used to the art.  

Dracavia

[SHIEI]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:22 pm
Fake was kickass. Bikky was a hell'a awesome and I loved the art style. It bummed me when I found out there were only 7 volumes, I'd love to invest in Until the Full Moon sometime, though. >_>  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games