Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Music Artists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

A musician's guild! 

Tags: musicians, music, instruments, bands 

Reply The Music Artists Guild
Have you ever slept with your instrument? (not sex) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:28 pm
lilmzcantbewrong
Not only have I slept with MY guitar... I have slept with OTHER peoples guitars!! (OOOHHH!!) When I was in High School (I'm old.. 25!) a bunch of wierdo hippie friends and I used to have the greatest jam parties in this abandoned wood warehouse. It was great stuff... like tribal trance music (or maybe that wasn't the music!) We'd play whatever instruments we had, others would bang on buckets and other junk lying around, people would "sing"... and of course we had our nekkid people dancing around... Eventually we would end up passed out all over the floor and stuff, instruments in hand... and wake up playing again. Kinky eh? Those were the days.. smile

xd sounds like fun but I would still be too afraid for my guitar to sleep with it >.<  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:14 pm
Mel_Darkflame
crazy jet fan girl
im no good at tuning crying and i dont want to break my guitar so i wouldnt sleep with it. If i dropped it on the floor i'd never fogive myself coz we have a wooden floor. It would probably create more of a dent in the floor than in the guitar, though.
Does anyone else here suck at tuning. I dont learn any other instrument and the rest of my band can tune and they bag me out lots! crying

I'm fine with tuning with a tuner but tuning by ear's a different story. I can get the 6th string relatively decent and then I do relative tuning for the rest of them xp
i cant tune a all...i reckon im tone deaf  

L a d y b i r d

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:12 pm
crazy jet fan girl
Mel_Darkflame
crazy jet fan girl
im no good at tuning crying and i dont want to break my guitar so i wouldnt sleep with it. If i dropped it on the floor i'd never fogive myself coz we have a wooden floor. It would probably create more of a dent in the floor than in the guitar, though.
Does anyone else here suck at tuning. I dont learn any other instrument and the rest of my band can tune and they bag me out lots! crying

I'm fine with tuning with a tuner but tuning by ear's a different story. I can get the 6th string relatively decent and then I do relative tuning for the rest of them xp
i cant tune a all...i reckon im tone deaf

That sucks. I can immediatly tell when my guitar is out of tune, it's getting it back in tune that's the problem.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:16 am
yes, i've definitely slept with both of my guitars, and my balalaika  

kokali

lilmzcantbewrong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:10 am
I don't let my guitars sleep around anymore.. my Sierra was a cheap whore.. these ones are expensive! smile

Yeah... I HATE tuning now, because I was so used to acoustics.. I took one look at my electric (which came from the shop badly tuned!) and wondered what all that stuff was for.. I know nuts.. (haha) but then this bar locks the strings down on the top and the screws are on the bottom.. Boy did I feel like an idiot.. I figured it out (I read the manual) but now I am constantly worrying if the fine-tuning screws at the bottom are going to fall out if I turn them anymore.. How long are those screws anyhow?? I don't know where the "middle" is.

Oh well.. Getting new strings put on today anyhow.. I hate looking like a dumb girl with "more guitar" than I'll ever be able to use asking ridiculous questions about how to string and tune my guitar.. and how to put the drop D thingie on..

Might as well start now... TeeHee.... TeeHee...
Argghh.. I'll go to a different shop than my "usual" .. good idea  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:15 pm
I've slept with my trumpet. I don't own a guitar yet. But I'm sure I'll sleep with it. Maybe I'll make it interesting and sleep with both my trumpet and guitar. I'm not sure my trumpet would like another instrument taking up space in the bed. Jealousy would arise, I'm sure.  

Posse_Darling

Jecht Anem

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:36 am
cynicalstitch
Have you ever played your instrument in bed at night so much, that you forgot to put it up? I KNOW I HAVE. I like, woke up, and was wondering why there was a guitar right beside me...
It was freaking hilarious.

lol i do it all the time, its great  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:36 pm
i have a big bed and i sleep with my eletric and accustic guitars beside me almost every night.....lol.....  

katinuyasha

musicofthenightl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:35 pm
if i slpet with my instrument, it would fall and/or break. my string bass would take up 3/4 of the bed (queen size bed) and my piano would simply crush me and use me to keep it's balance crying
but it's all right...i can sleep with them when i fall asleep practising (a quite often occurnce  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:15 pm
I have woken up with my Alto Sax by my side once. That was very, very weird.  

Roka_Shotar

Assassin Of Youth

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:36 pm
Well, as far as my new guitar goes, no I've not slept with it. I'm afraid to. That thing still isnt paid off (I have $40.44 left on it! yay) and so I dont want to mess it up. It's too expensive to screw up.

My acoustic on the other hand, is too old to mess up, plus it's not mine.

My good trumpet stays at school so I dont have to lug it around everywhere.

My old trumpet I got from a cousin who got it from someone else, so it's history is unknown, sits in its case, rusting, valves glueing themselves to the metal around them. Thus, it's not going to be slept with.

And that's it as far as all my instruments go, as of recently. I dont have any others that I can think of.
I do know we have a violin... it's my bro's... it's been in the top of his closet for.. a year? now? Sommat like that. That's all we've got.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:52 pm
ive fallen asleep with drumsticks randomly in my bed but ive never lugged my drums into bed with me....i suppose i could try to sleep on them though, but i doubt it would be very comfy.... rolleyes  

googleybear

HideousStrength

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:02 am
I've never slept with an instrument but i have taken a nap at a concert once ha no joke. my medicine made me drowsy and It wasnt one of my favorite bands so sat next to a wall and start snoozing to the decibels.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:24 pm
o.o I see people talking about sleeping with acoustic guitars, holy crap! I would be scared to death I'd put a foot through it or something!  

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

Vindicated Offender

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:01 pm
Mel_Darkflame
o.o I see people talking about sleeping with acoustic guitars, holy crap! I would be scared to death I'd put a foot through it or something!

Lol, you must flail around in your sleep  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces