Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Are Asian Parents more strict than other parents? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are Asian Parents more strict than other parents?
  Yeah, definitely!
  Nope, not really!
View Results

taijutsu-shinobi

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:51 am
The funny thing with most of the asian parents I know is that when they were in their teenage years they smoked, did drugs, drank, partied etc. Then they don't expect their children to do any of that but will fondly reminisce those days for their children to hear. It's what my mom does...

But my parents are pretty cool. My mom herself left home at 15 and was a wild child so she understands when I want to go out. I just get strict curfew and rules.

Like:
You can go out but don't do anything stupid and you better come home on time.
You can try smoking but don't smoke at home and don't get addicted, it's bad for you (Yet my mom smokes daily...)
You can experiment (drugs) but don't do it at home and don't get caught or addicted
You can drink but we don't want to see you drunk.
We don't want to know if you have sex, just don't do it at home and don't get pregnant
Etc...

So yeah, my 'rents are pretty cool
mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:59 am
I'm kinda raised differently from others so others may see my parents as strict. Like how I never go out by myself rule. But I was really spoiled, I always got whatever I wanted and I never do chores and my parents never really expect me 2 get good grades maybe coz I always got good grades even if they didn't expect it 3nodding  

mermaidmelody33

Invisible-chan

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:54 pm
I don't think so. I think it depends on the parent themselves. I doesn't necissarily have to do with culture....  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:10 pm
I really think that Asian parents are more strict. My parents are like that with me. xp  

Yuki no Tsubasa

Lunar_Rainbow18

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:14 pm
Yes, I definitely agree on that. All Asians are lyk that...  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:58 am
taijutsu-shinobi
The funny thing with most of the asian parents I know is that when they were in their teenage years they smoked, did drugs, drank, partied etc. Then they don't expect their children to do any of that but will fondly reminisce those days for their children to hear. It's what my mom does...

But my parents are pretty cool. My mom herself left home at 15 and was a wild child so she understands when I want to go out. I just get strict curfew and rules.

Like:
You can go out but don't do anything stupid and you better come home on time.
You can try smoking but don't smoke at home and don't get addicted, it's bad for you (Yet my mom smokes daily...)
You can experiment (drugs) but don't do it at home and don't get caught or addicted
You can drink but we don't want to see you drunk.
We don't want to know if you have sex, just don't do it at home and don't get pregnant
Etc...

So yeah, my 'rents are pretty cool
mrgreen
]

Sounds like a pretty interesting life... blaugh  

sukiyaki93

sukiyaki93

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:59 am
Yuki no Tsubasa
I really think that Asian parents are more strict. My parents are like that with me. xp

lol, join the club biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:42 am
yea..i think Asain parents rae REALLY strict.  

henred5

Joohse

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:32 am
I like my strict parents. It keeps me and my brothers from being spoiled. But I guess it sucks sometimes...

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:16 am
death_to_lyfe
hmmm...
i think so...
well...
when it comes to school then yeah...

same w/ me sometimes  

c i t r o n m i e l

Innuendos In Tea

2,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:40 am
my parents are so strict i can't stay at the house of a person of the opposite sex more than one hour......and that sux cuz my best friend is a girl.  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:21 pm
yea i think asain parents are more strict  

Hikaru Kurosaki

asianhahaha

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:52 pm
Oriental parents are really REALLY strict. They don't allow dating or any real relationship with the opposite sex before college....or after it. eek They're also like:' education is everything. do well in school and on your instrument and you will live happily'. haha..

I'm not sure about other asian types...  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:22 pm
Mine are definitely!  

x_Eternal_Ice_x

Fuzzy93

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:11 pm
sukiyaki93
I think Asian parents are heaps more strict than caucasian parents about everything; dating, studies, friends, etc....what do you think?

yes i agree they are! when ever i ask to go to movies with my friends they be llike NO i dont trust them! its so annoying  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff