Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
Rape/sexual assult....your opinion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Rape/sexual assult charges be the same as murder charges?
  Yes!
  No
  Depends on the situation
  who cares?
View Results

Kupo Ikari

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:37 pm
Personally, I don't think that child molestors should be shielded from other prisoners... They should have to suffer whatever the other prisoners are going to do to them.

They deserve it.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:06 pm
child molestors should simply be put into a pit with a bunch of prisoners holding knives.  

DR490N

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:40 am
KupoWrath
Personally, I don't think that child molestors should be shielded from other prisoners... They should have to suffer whatever the other prisoners are going to do to them.

They deserve it.

If you do so, you are no better than the criminal you seek to punish. The judicial system is not supposed to be an institute for revenge.

Sending a man to die out of hatred is as bad as killing an innocent person.  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:48 pm
Well... It's not a thing about revenge persay. They should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

And you know nothing of me.

Besides, I think they shouldn't be shielded from the other prisoners. They should be treated like any other prisoner. Frankly, I wouldn't care if it was my own brother in jail... I would still think that since he's in there, and if he's guilty, then he deserves whatever he gets.

It's got nothing to do with revenge.

Revenge is taking a gun and killing someone in cold blood.

Or beating the crap out of the offfender.

Or getting back at them.

Putting them in jail is justice.

Think about it, in other countries they wouldn't even get a trial. They'd just be killed. Consider them lucky.

Kupo Ikari

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:59 am
Other countries such as what? France, Germany, Great Britain, Japan, Russia, Taiwan would all give them a trial. The only countries i can think of that fit your standard would not consider rape a crime, so no i suppose they would not get a trial.

And yes, sending prisoners somewhere with the intention of having them killed is revenge. It is just indirect. The section of jail in which a prisoner is placed is based off many things, including risk of danger. A member of a gang can often be placed in a particular block so that rival gang members will not harm them. Outspoken racists often are placed seperately from most prisoners, so that they will not be killed. Many people are placed in forms of solitary because they would be killed otherwise. Doing any less for a child molestor is absurd. (And a way of not treating them equally.)

Justice is supposed to be independent of emotion.  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:24 pm
...Justice is supposed to be free from emotion... but, is it?

No. It has never been, and it never will. There will always be prejudice and emotion in the cases. It's human nature.

And frankly, I don't think ANY prisoner should be sheltered from any of the other prisoners. No matter what they're in there for. If we're going to shelter everyone, how will they learn not to repeat their mistakes?

When I said other countries and their punishments... I was actually thinking murder and things like that.

Kupo Ikari

Fallentowards

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:01 pm
i agree that prisnorers shouldn't be sheltered because that doesn't do anything  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:54 pm
No.

Anyone who takes someone against their will should be found, limbs broken, sodomized with a bat, left to think they're safe, returned to, sodomized with a nail-studded bat and THEN killed. ( of course I'm speaking of those found guilty or caught in the act)

Unless your imagination has more...interesting...suggestions.  

ceilisidhe

The Rose of Demise

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:25 am
Rape isn`t right and has never been right. these people that rape others normally don`t get turned in. Then when they do, the victims sometimes aren`t believed because of all the stupid people in the world that have the balls to lie about something so seriose. The rapist don`t get punished, or else they don`t get punished for long. In the joint for a few weeks, months, or possiably years. But the victims have to live with it till the day they die. A girl I used to know, when she was five, she remembered fighting off this guy, and then it all went dark. She woke up in the park. To this day she has no clue what happened. She also won`t go anywhere outside by herself after dark and she gets scared when she`s at home by herslf in the middle of the night. I wish that people didn`t need that sort of gratification. I just hope I`m not ever in that situation.

On that note. Sheltering them is not right. They did it, they should have to pay for their actions. If they get the crap beat out of them everyday, they might walk away with a lesson.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:54 pm
As a victim of rape as well as the friend to many who have been raped and abused, I believe that the charges should carry some of the same penalties as murder. Even if someone commits literally hundreds of child molestation or rape offenses they still have a chance at parole, and that's just illogical. I believe that especially violent or recurring sexual predators should be given life or even the death penalty in certain situations.  

Egotistic Revolution

Fallentowards

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:47 pm
Ishmael Walker
As a victim of rape as well as the friend to many who have been raped and abused, I believe that the charges should carry some of the same penalties as murder. Even if someone commits literally hundreds of child molestation or rape offenses they still have a chance at parole, and that's just illogical. I believe that especially violent or recurring sexual predators should be given life or even the death penalty in certain situations.

thank you biggrin ......i agree that sexually based offences should be treated and sentenced the same as murder  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:39 pm
Fallentowards
Ishmael Walker

thank you biggrin ......i agree that sexually based offences should be treated and sentenced the same as murder

Glad my opinion could be of some use. sweatdrop  

Egotistic Revolution

Funkyblueeyes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:55 pm
I think it should be punishable according to the situation, and each person charged with sexual assault should be examined by a psychiatrist to see if there is any chance of rehabilitation.

I can see how a victim of rape would want them to be treated the same as if they had murdered someone, but the reality of it is that they killed nobody. And what about in countries where murder charges recieve the death penalty? Do you kill somebody for raping someone?!

In my opinion, if there is a chance of rehabilitation, many years of jail and psychiatric treatment, and if there is no chance then life imprisonnment.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:18 am
Funkyblueeyes
I think it should be punishable according to the situation, and each person charged with sexual assault should be examined by a psychiatrist to see if there is any chance of rehabilitation.

I can see how a victim of rape would want them to be treated the same as if they had murdered someone, but the reality of it is that they killed nobody. And what about in countries where murder charges recieve the death penalty? Do you kill somebody for raping someone?!

In my opinion, if there is a chance of rehabilitation, many years of jail and psychiatric treatment, and if there is no chance then life imprisonnment.

the difference in this situation my dear is when someone is murdered........they do not have live with the turmiol of being murdered...as for being raped..............it's something you have to keep for the rest of your life and the effects are not pretty......and i will say this because i know personally 9 rape victims.........people who are close to me...and shared with me ..............it is something that they will never forget...the develope fears....becoming depressed...suicidal.....developing complusive habits....sometimes having physical problems when they are older...........my friend was raped at a young age and when she was raped she was torn badly and it became a growth that grew to the point if it was surgerically removed............she wouldn't have been able to kids. Most rapist can never be rehabilitated.....i don't believe in the death penatly but i do think life in prison is a better plan of action  

Fallentowards

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces