Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zarl

Magnetic Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:39 pm

Bandaid-Fetish
Zarl
The people in the band can be posers but Cradle of flith isn't gothic music.

its more metal.
metal? You've got to be kidding me. It's hardcore metal talk2hand

Metal is the main genre thou.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:48 pm

I think a there are a healthy number of goths who tend to like Cradle of Filth type stuff. "Goth" music as a genre incorporates many subgenres...like deathrock...metal...industrial....etc. The point is, it doesn't matter if CoF is goth or not. If you are a goth and you like it, then it is goth for you. Even better if you can articulate to these poseur-ousters why you think it is Goth. And even better, if you just stop caring, and listen to whatever the hell you want. 3nodding

Anonigoth

Genica Pussywillow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:20 am

They're heavy metal.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:38 am

Cradle of Filth are a mix of different genres of music (like most bands around nowadays) they mix Death/Black metal, Heavy Metal, Goth Metal and Symphonic Black Metal with just a dash of perfonrmance art into their live show.

As a side notw, these guys are actually really good live, I was at Donnington festival this year and as you can probably guess being a band that is mostly reviled by the wider metal community, it wouldn't be a good idea to be a mjor act in Britain's largest metal festival.

Needless to say there was talk of a competition to see who could bottle Cradle of Filth off stage first.

However, when they got on stage Dani was an amazing showman, actually ENCOURAGING people to bottle them, by the end of their set I was hurting from laughing so much, he's a funny guy.

I only really have a passing interest in Cradle (and Dani's singing style isn't much to my taste) but they put in an excellent performance that will have most entertained (if they have a sense of humour)

Isobel Bellamy

~Loves_Yami~

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:03 pm

i dont think there is such a thing as posing/posers...as long as you and some other people think you're cool...you cant be a poser...other people just call others posers for the sake of them feeling unsecure and possibly left out...-_-...ive been called a poser before...but people can just kiss my a** 3nodding
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:43 pm

Anonigoth
"Goth" music as a genre incorporates many subgenres...like deathrock...metal...industrial....etc. The point is, it doesn't matter if CoF is goth or not. If you are a goth and you like it, then it is goth for you.

Actually, there is a specific genre called goth-rock. It has it's own criteria and boundaries. With this being so, it can't be argued whether or not a band is goth-rock: they either are or aren't.

Simply, Cradle of Filth is not goth-rock.

However, whether or not the band itself consists of goths is a matter of interpretation. One person may consider the members goths, others may not.

Also, for future reference, goth-rock has no subgenres. Goth-rock is related to death-rock, post-punk, dark-cabaret, and darkwave. However, none of those are subgenres. And while there is an overlap between the fandoms, there is no particular relation between industrial and goth. As for metal, it and goth virtually have no relation.

GilAskan
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:46 pm

~Loves_Yami~
i dont think there is such a thing as posing/posers...as long as you and some other people think you're cool...you cant be a poser...other people just call others posers for the sake of them feeling unsecure and possibly left out...-_-...ive been called a poser before...but people can just kiss my a** 3nodding

There are posers, but the term is used far more than it should be. A poser is a person who follows a trend or style not because they like it, but because they want to appear a certain way (i.e. dressing in goth clothes not because they're a goth or because they like goth clothes, but because they think it will make them look cool).
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:23 am

I don't think they're *posers,* per say, but they are definitely not goth. They're a black metal band, but their new stuff is metal.

Personally, with the exception of Coffin Fodder, Swansong for a Raven, and Nymphetamine, I hate most of their new music. The only reason I like Nymphetamine is because the chick. I like Swansong because it's essentially the continuation of Her Ghost in the Fog. Coffin Fodder is just fun.

I prefer their older stuff. Her Ghost in the Fog, Cruelty Brought Thee Orchids....Heaven Torn Asunder. I've been a fan of them for about 6 years now.

The problem is that Nympetamine seems to be about the only album a lot of people have heard. They were mostly underground in the U.S. until Ozzfest 2004(I think), and the Resident Evil 2 soundtrack.

2aetH

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:46 am

I'd a have to say they are more black metal than anything really. Dani even said that in one of their dvds. ^_^ i have a few.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:47 pm

Cradle are mostly classifies as black metal, or black/death metal.

But they are also a mix of symphonic metal as we'll.
you can call them as you wish.
But there al mix of all kinds of these following: Symphonic, Death metal, blakcmetal, and gothic metal.

But none the less they are not only Unique, but original.
They also along with other bands such as Dimmu Borgir have been shuned by other black metal bands, saying they are not true black metal. Of course they are there jsut original mixing and making there own methoids to please there fans, and they most sertainly have done so.

I love Cradle of Filth, therem my fav band.
And of course I have all there albums biggrin . Just for those who dont know whitch most you should. COF will be realesing there newest album on the 16th of October.

"Now she moves with a predators gile,
Beyound the firelit circle of life.
She smooths your cold heart for awhile,
Then matches its beat sinking in with a knife.
She wrestles her dreams with a delicate ease,
Despite the cross on her wall.
And should she awake by embrace or mistake,
She would take Jesus,
Blist foot forward and all....."

"Born in a Burial Gown"

Crazy_Vamp666

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:39 am

Saw Dani Filth hanging out on Viva La Bam, and he actually seemed like a pretty nice guy. I wouldn't go as far as calling him a poser.

But isn't everyone a poser, at some point? (That's deep, no? ninja )
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:47 pm

their goth enough for me

Radioactive Acid Fiend

UraniumMonk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:03 am

GilAskan
Anonigoth
"Goth" music as a genre incorporates many subgenres...like deathrock...metal...industrial....etc. The point is, it doesn't matter if CoF is goth or not. If you are a goth and you like it, then it is goth for you.

Actually, there is a specific genre called goth-rock. It has it's own criteria and boundaries. With this being so, it can't be argued whether or not a band is goth-rock: they either are or aren't.

Simply, Cradle of Filth is not goth-rock.

However, whether or not the band itself consists of goths is a matter of interpretation. One person may consider the members goths, others may not.

Also, for future reference, goth-rock has no subgenres. Goth-rock is related to death-rock, post-punk, dark-cabaret, and darkwave. However, none of those are subgenres. And while there is an overlap between the fandoms, there is no particular relation between industrial and goth. As for metal, it and goth virtually have no relation.

I think they were actually referring to “gothic”, which is basically defined as “whatever it is goths listen to”, i.e. Goth-rock, deathrock, gothmetal, blackmetal, doommetal, etc.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:33 am

Darkwave for sure boy.

=p
and what about industrial huh.
geeze your so 14

Zarl

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Kosova4Life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:26 pm

Cradle of Filth is definitely not Goth music. I'd say they were metal. What type of metal? Probably black metal or death metal... but I'm really not very knowledgable on metal, so I'm not one to say.

But just because they're not a Goth band in no way makes them "posers". Ugh, I can't even stand that term in the first place.
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff