Modern
  Medieval
  Both, duh!
  Neither
  Gold!
View Results

Arkyana

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:24 pm
I pretty much like both. I find them equally fun to read and sometimes, they mix together. I mean, maybe I read more modern like Harry potter but when I found song of the lioness, i really liked it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:57 pm
It goes in and out really, mainly it depends on the author and their skills.  

IfAngelsBurn

Shiama

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:10 pm
IfAngelsBurn
It goes in and out really, mainly it depends on the author and their skills.

I agree. some authors are better at writing old fantasy then taking techonolgy from this time.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:22 am
right now i like modern fantasy stories, i think i just got sick of medievil period stories for now cause as soon as i see in the summary anything to do with knights i drop the book ^^; it just doesn't intrigue me anymore i guess, but i do like stories set in ancient times or victorian era (been reading Mercedes Lackey's Elemental Series which has me totally hooked right now)  

[nike13]

5,915 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Brandisher 100

Rabid Nozomi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:05 pm
I like medieval better. I do have some modern paranormal/supernatural fantasy, and I love that, but with full out fantasy, I like medieval.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:47 am
Most of what I read is medieval Fantasy, however I also really enjoy some mondern fantasy. (See Peirs Anthony "Icarnations of Immortality" )

But my favourite books are those that blend both. Marion Zimmer Bradley's Darkover novels are the best examples I can think of this. You have Terra years and years into the future, setting out to colonize other words from massive colonial space ships. Then you end up on Cottman IV (Darkover) where you have laran psi powers, and a system of government resembling a feudal monarchy, with trade work, illiteracy, a metal poor economy relying on pack animals and footment to deliver messages and goods across the planet. While at the same time dealing with the Terran Federation, the big ships, and space port. It is an interesting juxtoposition.  

Verene

rockyrogue

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:53 pm
I adore history and medieval countryside and buildings. I'm in love with seeing the castles and wanting to learn more about how life was lived. So books that revolve around history aka medieval are always in my good books. (sry for the bad pun) Though I prefer if it's fantasy set in realistic setting. So more like Historical Fantasy. But I just like the setting of Medieval because I can picture the clothing and I find a lot of the novels based nowadays (although some are entertaining and I like them) but many seem a little reptitive, though I can't list any of this kind at the moment. I must admit however that I don't tend to read many fantasy modern novels.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:14 pm
Both are great!! You just need to find ones you like.  

Tarren_Allin

Shiama

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:51 pm
Tarren_Allin
Both are great!! You just need to find ones you like.

true. It is more of a mix. you can love medival and find a really good modern fantasy book and love it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:15 pm
modern.......  

purplesparkle

x.Marsh[mel]low.x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:08 pm
Medieval.

mostly because everything was so hard back then. No macheinery. I don't really like the ones that are like "hoshit, obstical! Magic POOF, problem solved!" In fact, I almost despize them. Give your characters some obsticals, damnit. >.<

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:14 pm
I've read both but I like medieval a lot more. I haven't read many good ones lately though. I need suggestions...  

Giggles_36

Shanti~dragongirl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:25 pm
hmmm i really don't mind so long as the storyline itself is interesting, but i reckon i prefer modern  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:53 am
I prefer medieval fantasy because to me its more intricate than the modern, but all in all, I like both.  

Arilu Ishaya

Ashtaye

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:07 am
Hmm...I tend to switch off between the two. Sometimes I feel like reading Tamora Pierce or Sherwood Smith, and other times I'll be in a Harry Potter mood. I can't say which one I like better though, but I do like it when the two are combined in one story.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff