Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Why are emo's hated? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tessamon

Gracious Harvester

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:54 am
i don't think anyone was actually bothered to read what i wrote hehe.. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:44 am
Fall out boy devoted
my problem.
I am "Emo".
I like emo guys.
No emo guys like me :[

i know that pain

Evalyen

4,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

xyourstrulyx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:01 am
tessamon
A lot of groups hate emos and they usually use the line "go cut yourself emo kid" or "why dont you cry about it" or something like that. So drawing on how they attempt to pay out emo people, I'd say that they think we are ALWAYS sad and whinging about everything.

They also draw on the stereotype that every emo cuts, which is completely wrong. There are two types of emos, the ones that cut which are in it for the attention and are just generally depressed, and then there are the ones who are in it for the music and the style.

My friend said he doesn't like emos because they make a mockery of depression, but i don't really agree with that because he believes the music is just bands pretending to be depressed to get listeners. A lot of the time i think it is the bands/artists appealing to those who are depressed and giving them something to relate to, hence helping them through their problems. But yeah thats my rant.

I would agree on that one. It makes sense.
But another reason is that it has become cool to hate emo kids. Ever since the second wave of emo got commercial in the 90's the whole genre and the culture following has been bastardized by the media, and that IS a fact.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:00 am
xyourstrulyx
tessamon
A lot of groups hate emos and they usually use the line "go cut yourself emo kid" or "why dont you cry about it" or something like that. So drawing on how they attempt to pay out emo people, I'd say that they think we are ALWAYS sad and whinging about everything.

They also draw on the stereotype that every emo cuts, which is completely wrong. There are two types of emos, the ones that cut which are in it for the attention and are just generally depressed, and then there are the ones who are in it for the music and the style.

My friend said he doesn't like emos because they make a mockery of depression, but i don't really agree with that because he believes the music is just bands pretending to be depressed to get listeners. A lot of the time i think it is the bands/artists appealing to those who are depressed and giving them something to relate to, hence helping them through their problems. But yeah thats my rant.

I would agree on that one. It makes sense.
But another reason is that it has become cool to hate emo kids. Ever since the second wave of emo got commercial in the 90's the whole genre and the culture following has been bastardized by the media, and that IS a fact.

Yay! someone read what i wrote!! xd heart
But you are right.. The media does encourage people to dislike emos.  

tessamon

Gracious Harvester

blue_moon27

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:43 pm
jU-On.iCeMisTrEsS
they are just jealous of us..
because we are different

we are different because we are special..

i very agree even my teachers hate me just because of my clothes!!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:22 pm
blue_moon27
jU-On.iCeMisTrEsS
they are just jealous of us..
because we are different

we are different because we are special..

i very agree even my teachers hate me just because of my clothes!!

Yeah people are quick to judge just by appearance, we can't help it if we are so ******** awsome, can we?  

tessamon

Gracious Harvester

this yellow flower

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:17 pm
emos are not hated. non-emos are just stupid to get what we`re doing. well at least we are true to ourselves rite.  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:08 am
Because Emos are HOTTer than others...

Ha.  

Nagaru Tensei

Fishy-In-My Pocket

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:51 pm
O.o

I have a friend who hates me because I'm emo.
But he hasn't stopped being my friend.
He's just mad at the fact that I am.
Because he likes me.
He says he doesn't want to be fearing every second I could be alone cutting myself.

~*I iS a FiShY*~

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:35 pm
Because they are jealous that we are not afraid to express our emotions.
While they keep them bottled up; just so they don't look like a "p***y" in front of their meathead friends.

Squirtgun Heat

DarkSyctheFan

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:43 pm
People complain that we're crybabies, and that we're all the same. I've been made fun of ya know, some guy whistles at me, and when I just glare at him he says something like 'look a little depressed eh emo?' They just can't admit that we're cooler than them ^^  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:02 am
Dapples_The_Fox
People complain that we're crybabies, and that we're all the same. I've been made fun of ya know, some guy whistles at me, and when I just glare at him he says something like 'look a little depressed eh emo?' They just can't admit that we're cooler than them ^^

omg i love your siggy.  

tessamon

Gracious Harvester

-your_Suicide_note-

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:48 pm
Fall out boy devoted
my problem.
I am "Emo".
I like emo guys.
No emo guys like me :[

it sux like no emo guys like emo girls cry  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:26 pm
people need something to hate..and they are mindless fools for picking emo...  

Lynnic_Darkness

phish cakes = luff

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:28 am
hey, all my goth friends like emo guys, but hate emo girls. minus me. they dont know any other emo girls! *sigh* its just so stoopid. and the preps, yeah they hate the sexuality of it all. they think everyone should be straight, but being bi is kool. it hasnt helped me get a boy/girl friend but whatever. the chavs are jealous of us because their minds are too small to comprehend the greatness of it all, and the few rockers and punks that do hate us, probably hate us because they know they cant get off on wearing as much eyeliner. but why should we care, anyhoo? being emo isnt about being liked, its about being who you are. so ******** the haters, and all their labels, im a pestimist, depressed, love the beatles, and i take enjoyment out of making faces at the kids in the car next to us in the petrol place. when life hands you preps, throw rocks.  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games