Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faekat Adoption Agency

Back to Guilds

Faekat Guild 

Tags: Faekat, breedables 

Reply ◕ Roleplay: Hemlock
[PRP] Shaken, not Stirred (Lay x Duke) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyuketsuki06
Crew

Timid Receiver

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 6:16 pm
Lay took his arm, boots clacking as they walked out, he swept his hair off to the opposing side to keep it out of the way. He was glad Duke didn't want to clean up more. Any longer and he'd probably have to stay at the Bin. The sooner he moved in next door the better, for multiple reasons.

There had been other possibilities but, Lay didn't want to put him out. Even though they shared a few kisses, still, he would like Duke not to be a one night wonder. Not that it was given, he may have behaved, a little. Nothing was happening in any sort or of order anyway.

Having shaken most of the nerves off, flustered and shy was not his everyday demeanor. He hesitated once outside for another reason. "Hey, are you sure you want to walk me all the way? You still have to get back here don't you?" He wasn't worried about Duke out on his own. But having him walk him and then back, he didn't want to be a bother. He mulled over the options, he could just take him up on a partial walk home, or there was always inviting him in, and then what? Letting someone stick it out in his place never had been without other things and he was back to the reason why he didn't outright ask to stay.

Cheri

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 5:52 pm

As they walked out, Duke half smiled. "If it wasn't awfully forward of me, I'd offer my place to crash. I know it's late and probably time for sleep. It is very late... if you'd feel safer crashing at my place, we can do that. I just didn't want to cross a line." Though, admittedly, he'd thought all sorts of thoughts. Things that didn't bear repeating in polite company. Things that weren't first date material, if this was their first date. It was kind of like one, but kind of not, at the same time. He felt flustered, a little embarrassed that he hadn't already offered.

"My place is much closer. I just didn't want to seem like I was pushing too hard." He'd thought about it, of course. Thought about just inviting him to his place. It wasn't like Duke didn't have good self-control. He did. He just also really liked Lay. So, that being the case, he didn't want to alienate him and he also didn't really want to let go. It was kind of a ridiculous situation. Maybe being co-workers made it even more complicated, but it wasn't like he was thinking of Lay as a fling or a one night stand.

Kyuketsuki06

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

Kyuketsuki06
Crew

Timid Receiver

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 10:42 pm
He listened to Duke a little surprised at the offer. It wasn't like he wouldn't make it home or felt unsafe but then again, what could it hurt. Brushing hair back looking anywhere but Duke the shyness came back. It frustrated him that he kept doing that. "I....well..." He absolutely wanted to say yes that'd be great. Would it be OK, just for tonight. It would be fine right?

He shook it off at least on the outside.  "Sure, yeah if it's not to much an ask." It would be easier to get to work the next night and truthfully he didn't much like being alone. "But I can make it home too. It's not a big deal." He added. "I don't exactly have anything with me though." He tugged at his work clothes, he had no change of attire so would have to wear it again, not unheard of, it's happened. Unless he made a quick stop back before his shift, not exactly trying to give the wrong impression if anyone noticed he never left. He was worrying for nothing since it wasn't like anyone would make a fuss about it.

Cheri

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:30 pm

There was some hesitation there. Duke almost regretted asking, but then... Lay said yes. Somehow, Duke knew that he'd regret taking it back, in spite of his feelings moments ago. "It's not too much to ask. It seems silly for you to have to walk all the way back home when I live here. I kept you late after work, after all." They'd lost track of the time, and Duke didn't exactly want to risk Lay over something like this. Besides which... he kind of wanted the excuse to be close to him for longer. "You could always borrow something from me," he suggested. "At least... before your shift. If you don't want to show up in the same clothes."

Not that anyone really looked that hard at their clothes, anyway. He started leading Lay toward his place, a faint smile tugging at his lips. "Come on. You won't regret it. I have a day bed you can sleep on. Or... I could sleep on the day bed and you could sleep in my bed. Whichever." He didn't think about the way that sounded, didn't worry about it. Now that it was decided, he was already thinking about how to make Lay comfortable at his place. It was a good thing Duke kept his place nice and clean, because otherwise he'd be showing Lay something he wouldn't want to show a guest. As it was, it was presentable. Ready for a new... companion... to view. What was this that they were doing, anyway?

Kyuketsuki06

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

Kyuketsuki06
Crew

Timid Receiver

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 10:56 pm
He supposed it was silly to go all that way so late. Normally he was indoors before now. "Well thank you, and don't worry about it. About keeping me out. It's not like I couldn't of left sooner, and if I hadn't made that mess I'd be home." laying the blame on himself, it was really him that kept himself here for lack of better judgment. Most of the night taken up with work he really should have paid more attention to the time. "Actually if you just have an extra t-shirt or something, I'll go ahead and reuse my clothes." Would anything fit him even he borrowed clothes for work, he had doubts, it would be kinda big, he could make it work he knew but thought just something to sleep in would suffice.

He following him along, it would be a short one thoguh he wondered what floor it was. Looking at the neighboring building that a lot of the other Sin Bin employees resided.

He expected a couch or something like that but there was a whole other bed, and he had a choice. "Ha uh, no the day bed is fine. I could sleep anywhere really." He didn't mean anything by it but still. "I mean I'm easy to please." Oh s**t. That was not what he wanted to say. Not like that. He laughed nervously, just when he thought it'd be fine. "That's not what I meant. That came out wrong." Smooth, he wasn't sure what to say anymore keeping his eyes ahead.

Cheri

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 12:05 am

Listening to Lay fluster himself, Duke felt a little smug, somehow. He knew it wasn't a reflection of anything he'd done, but still... he liked the thought that Lay could think of this stuff. Whether or not he meant it. "Don't worry. I have plenty of shirts you can borrow... and I didn't assume anything by what you said." Although he had liked hearing it, all the same. Even if they didn't end up following through with anything, unintentional though the commentary had been. Gods, he was getting muddled. He led Lay toward the housing, which was sort of behind the building itself. This was not where the band lived, but it was close.

"Hey. Right this way, Lay." He guided him in toward his little apartment, and then up the steps. Duke fumbled with the lock a bit distractedly, before he opened it up for Lay. "Make yourself at home," he said, and led him inside. He flipped the switch that shuttered all of the windows in the apartment and then sealed them magically so that sunlight wouldn't get in. Really, he should just leave it that way. He didn't know why he hadn't. Then, he turned on the lights. "It's not much, but at least it's tidy." There were little hints of Duke's personality here and there, in a decorative throw, a Persian rug. A set of teal and purple pillows that brought a little life to the daybed. Little touches.

Kyuketsuki06

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

Kyuketsuki06
Crew

Timid Receiver

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 12:36 am
Lay gave Duke's arm a little squeeze letting him go as he entered. He put a his hand behind his back taking a little look around before walking up to the day bed grabbing a pillow. "Oh I love these!" Of course he picked up the one that matched his hair, he held it up to compare. "See." He set it back down and took a seat. He really needed those boots off. Even used to them he was tired of walking in them this late. Popping all the buttons on the sides and slipping them off tucking them out of the way.

Worn he stretched out his arms and legs in front of him before looking back as his host. "Nice place, I like." He grabbed a pillow again for lack of knowing what to do with himself. Hugging it on his lap. It helped, he really appreciated the invite, and it wasn't like he didn't want to be there. Just his nerves, so he was comforting himself. "Do you work tomorrow?"  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 9:59 am

Duke took off his own shoes, before settling onto a chair for the time being. It was a plush, cozy chair, and large enough to sink into. Really, Lay probably could've slept on this, but the day bed would be more comfortable to stretch out on. "Look at that, it matches." Of course, the reason for that was probably more to do with the fact that their hair was a very similar hue. Not all the way through, but enough that he'd picked out the pillows to set it off. Also, because teal and purple were nice, cool colors that looked well with the rest of the decor.

"Thanks," he said, grinning slightly. "I'm fond of it." Obviously, or he wouldn't have put that much effort into it. "Yes, I do work tomorrow. My shift is on the later side, kind of like tonight's." He had the day after off, of course... just in time to not have a cute visitor. The chances of Lay staying for two days seemed slim and... why was he thinking about this, again? Maybe he was more smitten with the adorable bartender than he realized.

Kyuketsuki06

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

Kyuketsuki06
Crew

Timid Receiver

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 12:40 pm
Lay felt a little restless even though he was exhausted. Fidgeting with the hem of the pillow. "We'll overlap a bit. I go in to prep." He tucked a leg up under him leaving one hang lightly swinging it. Sighing he continued "I have to pull some things from the back, kinda hope Dym will be around if I need a boost." There was a stool to get things from the top shelves but his friend liked to help out so he gave her the chance when he could.

He struggled for things to say being in his apartment. It was like he'd never even been invited anywhere before, that wasn't the case but this was...different. He wasn't uncomfortable really but it wasn't his normal routine feeling utterly at war with himself thoughts creeping in, but he pushed them away. No he'd like to go about this different even though they already shared a kiss or two. But he didn't think that far ahead, thinking it'd be fine since he had originally planned to go home, so he was all too self-aware about it. "Uhm, so about that shirt?" Figuring at least he could get comfortable and out of his clothes. He was grateful he didn't say that out loud for the way that it sounded.

Cheri

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 2:55 pm

"Well, if there's anything you need reached while we're on at the same time, let me know." Feeling terribly rude, but needing to fulfill Lay's request, Duke crossed over into the bedroom, just to snag a t-shirt that would work for this. Given he was a good bit taller and somewhat broader than Lay, he didn't think it'd be hard. Quickly sorting through his folded t-shirts, he found one with a comfortable, breathable fabric. He brought it back over to Lay and set it on the day bed. "Here you go. I'll give you some privacy to change."

He wasn't thinking about the fact that they'd kissed, but if he stuck around while Lay changed, there was no way he wouldn't be. So, he left the room and closed the door behind him, grateful that there was a door. From the other side of the door, he said: "Let me know if you need anything else. I'm pretty sure I have a spare toothbrush." For example. If Lay wanted a shower, he had clean towels. Of course he did. Duke was meticulous about that sort of thing.

Kyuketsuki06

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

Kyuketsuki06
Crew

Timid Receiver

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 5:04 pm
"I'll let you know." While Lay waited he took the time to look around from his seat. It was nice, Duke being neat made him feel a little sloppy but he wasn't really. He just didn't take that extra care to his surroundings.

He smiled up at Duke when he returned. "Thanks." He hadn't really thought about needing privacy for a shirt. It wasn't like there wasn't shirtless fae about. And both being males he didn't about it. Though it brought back his wonder about what was under Duke's. He was sorta glad he was left alone for the moment.

He quickly changed leaving his shorts on for the the time being. Though they kinda were lost under the shirt. He frowned in thought debating whether or not he would remove them now or wait til he turned in. Ah whatever it didn't make a difference the shirt was big enough. He slipped them off and folded his things up tucking them by his boots. "Alright you can come back out." He called as he stood there tying up his hair, looping it through only part ways at the end. If he didn't then it was a hassle to comb.  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 6:34 pm

Somehow those few moments seemed to last for an eternity. Why now Duke was thinking about the fact that Lay was in there changing into his shirt... well, he couldn't say. It hadn't really occurred to him before that Lay would be wearing his shirt. Did it make him kind of messed up that he found that adorable? Maybe those couple of kisses had his head spinning. When Lay said he could come back in, he did. However, the sight of Lay wearing only his t-shirt... yeah, that wasn't a sight he wasn't going to forget anytime soon.

Damn. "You look comfy," he said, instead of speaking his mind. He settled into the chair again, a little too conscious of Lay's presence and... well, everything. What exactly was wrong with him? He found the other quite adorable without his boots. Lay was at least a foot shorter than him, he realized. It made him want to impulsively pick him up and spin him around, but somehow he managed to behave himself.

Kyuketsuki06

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

Kyuketsuki06
Crew

Timid Receiver

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:21 pm
He fiddled with his ponytail a bit more making sure it was tight enough. "Yeah, thanks for this." As he tugged at the hem for reference. It wasn't far off from what'd he wear at home, though he had more sleep shorts that t-shirts so it was one or the other most of the time.

Lay really felt small standing there without the help of his shoes. Goodness. Gratefully Duke sat, he did his best not to stare, too much.

He fell back sitting on the edge of the day bed again leaning back propped by his arms. Seriously why was it so hard to talk now. They just spent what...a few hours chatting and getting friendly. Either he had just small talk to offer or things came out wrong. Well wrong for the moment. It wasn't actually but he felt like he sat in silence for way to long. He scoot further back on the bed tucking a pillow behind him sitting criss-cross hands in his lap. "Alright Duke, tell me, what do you do for fun?" Determined to find something to talk about. "Besides work I like to hang out at the club, dancing is something I do a lot. I've been known to hop on the bar top too." 

Cheri

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:35 pm

"Of course." The silence seemed to drag on, and Duke found himself too aware of it. Maybe it was just him, though. Chances were Lay wasn't thinking about the awkwardness and it was in his own head. Ah... when Lay spoke, he was certain it was just him, yeah. With a quirk of a smile, Duke leaned back, stretching out. "When I was young I wanted to be a rockstar. Had a band and everything. I was slinging the booze for tips, trying to get on the scene. But when I actually got onto the stage I realized I never wanted to go up there again. Long story short, I play the guitar as a hobby." And... more than that... "I also write music." Nothing that Lay had heard of, probably.

Of course, there was also dancing. "I do like to dance. You won't see me on top of the bar, but I do like dancing. Sometimes I even sing, if there's no one around to hear me." Essentially, he belonged in a place like this, surrounded by music and the club scene. Even though what he was best at was mixology, hands down. There was an artistry to it, but that didn't make it a hobby. No, being a bartender was his career, and one he took very seriously. "The guitar's what I do in my free time, though." Lately he'd been at a loss for subjects to write music about, but something told him he'd have a plethora of idea soon.

Kyuketsuki06

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

Kyuketsuki06
Crew

Timid Receiver

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 9:21 pm
Lay perked up at that, "Ooh how fun! Well yeah I suppose the stage isn't for all but still that's so cool you play." He was not musically inclined, not at all. No instruments, not for the lack of trying a long time ago, just never worked, and sang alone only or if it was loud enough you wouldn't be able to tell he sang along. Well they had something in common there. He was also embarrassed if he was heard, so he didn't say anything, keeping it too himself. "I do not have any talents with music but I loooove
music. Maybe you can play for me another time? You don't have to though. No pressure."
He added quickly, he got a little excited about it, but he didn't want to push it either in case he wasn't into an audience.

Lay felt a little boring, he didn't have much else to offer for what he did for fun. All he had was work, which he enjoyed. And the place and staff was great. He was good at flirting up the customers he supposed, it made great tips. But that was about it for him.

"What made you realize you didn't want to be on stage? He asked, he had somewhere along the line moved again. Legs out in front, one knee up. Even though chatting made him less rigid, he was unconsciously still a bit restless. Probably just tired.

Cheri

◕ Roleplay: Hemlock

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces