Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Discussion/Religion] So, what's your religion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OMG, too many religions for a poll!
  OMG!
  gold!
  god!
View Results

Reanna-mator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:47 pm
I'm an atheist. While it's cool to tell stories about the supernatural, I believe in what can be proven through science. So I guess I'm an empiricist.

But I don't take religion seriously, so I often pretend to worship the pantheon of gods from the novels I write, so sometimes for the fun of it I say that I'm a polytheist.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:23 pm
I guess y'all could call me wiccan.  

Shukuzen_Lightning

Jade Rotaski

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:29 pm
Aristaen
I'm an atheist; no-one in my family is religious, really.

So am i though my mom originally cam from a catholic irish family. I do belive in angels and demons though ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:40 pm
I'm agnostic, I suppose. My mother is a Buddhist, and my father is either Catholic or Christian. So, I've come to believe in neither. BUT! I have my own system of how the world works and stuff... It's rather... Complex.

But... Does that mean that I have my own 'made-up' religion...? sweatdrop

Lumicran_Minamoto

Suriyou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:25 pm
I'm not religious in any way... BUT I do have beliefs!

Basically I believe in being a good person, enjoying life, and not giving a flip about what other people think about me.
And if there happens to be a god.. oh well he can suck it 3nodding

and that, fellow guild members, is another part of how my brain works.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:50 pm
I am a devote catholic..I believe in god and his love for me..I think chruch is corrupted and that my priest is lieing to me though... sweatdrop  

perryunicornboy

Devoted Healer

10,350 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100

Iciak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:29 am
I'm an atheist. I respect other people's longing for the feeling of safety and peace of mind their religion can give them, but I consider the institutional catholic church as it is now a threat to the freedom of thought, belief and above all - reason.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:32 am
I'm in a Catholic household but I myself am leaning towards Satanism.  

stefcia stefcia

Versatile Shapeshifter

Raven_Of_The_Sky

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:02 am
Raised Catholic, I disliked organized religion and became agnostic.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:12 am
I'm an agnostic bordering to being an atheist.  

[OMFG NARKI]

Ms.Tofu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:34 pm
Catholic. But not fanatical about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:38 pm
I'm an athiest, raised Irish Catholic.  

Unphotographable

7,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Anise Skye

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:41 pm
I'm an Atheist, but my parents are trying to force me into Buddhism. *shudders* Nothing wrong with it, but I prefer to be my own.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:39 am
I was raised Protestant (United Church), but I don't associate myself with any religion. I have my own beliefs: There is a God, there is an afterlife (one that everyone goes to), but that's about it.  

Zahmira

Your Favorite STD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:47 am
You know I did some extensive research myself to find out what religion seemed to 'fit' for me. I figured if it was something I should believe in, be it by some fate type source, higher power, etc, then if I checked it out enough I would become a part of it. At each church (if allowed..) I went open mindedly for anywhere from about four weeks to a couple months. So..

I went to a few different kinds of Christian churches. Well, I got kicked out of the catholic church and told I was going to burn in hell regardless of what I did in my life. Publicly mind you, by the preacher (er, whatever he's called..)

I went to a Baptist, Lutheran, and Presbyterian(sp?) church also, and while they didn't kick me out, each one quoted that 'man shall not lay with another man' thing from the bible, told me if I change my 'ways' I could be saved, and that homosexuality is not natural and is something satan uses to get people.. or something along those lines.

I went to a Bhuddist church. Real calm, very accepting people, and but I didn't really click with it. I think it was the chanting.. O.o but the people are very self aware and I think I took some of that with me.

I went to a Jewish synagouge(sp?) for a while, probably the longest. It was my favorite of all of them really. The leader person (mind going blank for the jewish term for some reason) was very friendly and kind. He didn't feel that being gay was right by God, but said that God loves love, period, and that as long as I am a good person in heart and soul, God will accept me and love me and I will go to heaven, etc. They have very beautiful songs and beliefs, and are very content people. I still actually have the little pocket bible he gave me, and learned some of the language.

My family is Druid, not the 'new age' type, but more old fashioned, coming from a long history of the religion. My ump-teenth grandmother was burned at a stake in ireland when the catholics overtook all the temples and burned them down, and forced the people into catholicism. I have no qualms with any religious group however, because I was raised to never judge a person by what they belong to, be it race, religion, etc. Forgiveness and compassion are the fruits of life, and it's usually the 'worst' of people who need those two together. So, I guess I'm keeping to my family heritage. It's comforting in an odd way, and makes me feel whole and complete. But I can say that while not every belief is perfect for everyone, everyone should have something that gives them that feeling of spiritual wholeness, and I am very happy to say I experienced as much as possible before deciding what is right for me.

So uh.. yeah.. rock on religion. xd  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces