Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Why are people so against real person slash? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RPS = good?
  Yes.
  No.
  Don't know/don't care/wtfred etc.
View Results

Artie Ficial

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:33 am
What I really meant was like... real people generally, as in kind of nameless people. I guess I also meant bandslash and actorslash and stuff like that, but I respect and understand the fact that some people take offense to it, including the people who are actually being slashed.

I was more referring to people who just think the general thought of real guys making out and stuff is gross. I think I'm kinda confusing myself, actually. xd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:20 pm
no problems here!  

ParadiseTiger

Sketch-Inu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:27 pm
Cause people are just hypocritical, actually thinking that theres much of a difference from anime gays and real gays. Maybe its because anime and manga is a fantasy, so they like to see the story play out, but their not ready to face the fact of it being real. Sorry if no one understands where I'm coming from, but thats the only thing I can think of. I prefer to watch anime, but I do like to see real gay guys going at it at times as well. And when I see a couple together, I cant help but get all fuzzy and happy, its cute.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:41 pm
Well... depends. Guess ive just had bad experiences... like the time one of the sick boys at my school found out what yaoi/yuri was... he wrote this 3-way thing about my sister and 2 of our friends... -.- Yeah, he didnt see the light of day for awhile.

I have nothing against gay people though... doesnt bother me unless some sick kid is writing fantasys to get under my skin -.-

[~True Light~]

skankmuffin

Hilarious Prophet

4,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:16 pm
i'd pic real guys over anime anyday but it just seems that it's harder to find than anime.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:22 pm
Can people please stop referring to real gay relationships as slash? They're homosexual relationships. Calling them slash, a term reserved for fanfiction and stuff like that, is really insulting. If Ledger and Gyllenhal are boinking, it isn't slash, it's gay sex. Please, please, please stop.

Anyway, people don't like it because RPS involves real people who are not gay. That's why it's called real person (real person=Orlando Bloom, if he's pretending to be Legolas it's not considered real person) slash. A lot of people think that putting someone not only into a relationship they aren't part of but changing their sexuality for it is wrong.

I mean, could you imagine coming across a story about you boinking someone you aren't, who is the same/opposite (depending on your orientation) on the web?

I know I wouldn't be happy if someone wrote about me being straight.  

iwanttobeasleep

Chibi Slasher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:02 pm
Real boys & anime. x3

Real boys are funner though. n.n  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:10 pm
Ayanoki
Haha I have an idea..

*pulls all the gay/bi male members of the guild over and lines them up*

twisted

*puts up a sign pointing to the line that says "come pick your favorite pair"*

cool

Great idea
Personally I don't have anything agaist RPS it's cute and hot anyway!!  

Zachod

Sketch-Inu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:11 pm
iwanttobeasleep
Can people please stop referring to real gay relationships as slash? They're homosexual relationships. Calling them slash, a term reserved for fanfiction and stuff like that, is really insulting. If Ledger and Gyllenhal are boinking, it isn't slash, it's gay sex. Please, please, please stop.

Anyway, people don't like it because RPS involves real people who are not gay. That's why it's called real person (real person=Orlando Bloom, if he's pretending to be Legolas it's not considered real person) slash. A lot of people think that putting someone not only into a relationship they aren't part of but changing their sexuality for it is wrong.

I mean, could you imagine coming across a story about you boinking someone you aren't, who is the same/opposite (depending on your orientation) on the web?

I know I wouldn't be happy if someone wrote about me being straight.
you have a good point, I probably wouldnt like it all that much if people were writing about me. But I dunno, I may not really care. Unless I was bombarded of the question of if my sexuality if like in the stories people write. And then if I told them the truth and they didn't believe me, yeah that may get me a little pissed off.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:32 pm
Artie Ficial
It's something that's always confused me and I've never really found out the answer. Even in this guild plenty of people say stuff like, "real gay boys? ewww!" I don't really get it. It seems to me that these people are being really hypocritical/homophobic to like yaoi and not slash with real people. I understand that some of it is just personal preference, but being gay, I don't really understand how people can think that way. o__o Can anyone offer some kind of explanation or whatever?

I know i got the smae reaction when a posted about Tv slash. it doesn't make sense how one could be like Yay for Yaoi but Ugh for RPS. I guess it becuase anime is not real so ppl have much easier time dealing w/ non real charcter than real. Kinda make them remove from them. Thats my theory  

Chakura

kruegs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:29 am
I am not against people liking real life slash. I just lack interest in it. I like yaoi. The males are beautifully drawn. I could just about imagine myself in the place of one of the characters when it's yaoi as it lacks a competitiveness found in het. When people talk about things like Angel and Spike, I have no desire to put David Boreanaz and James Marsters together. pirate pirate There is vampire yaoi out there, but it's not those two people. Those characters had het relationships and that's how I see them. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:51 am
I don't really get it either. confused I guess it's to do with the whole "girls can relate better to ukes" theory, which I guess doesn't really work as well IRL. I personally think that real life couples are just as good as anime ones, but each to their own I guess. smile  

vulpintissentiality

Sumarra

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:55 pm
As long as they love each other no one should care. And anime and real life is the same consept so if you really like yoai you should not care about real life. Its not like Im going to watch to real guys go at it or any thing {That would be invading privisy} But really the only way to know would be to ask some one who thinks that way.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:05 pm
I can't really explain it... why wouldn't someone like real cute guys kissing when they like to read about it and watch it animated? That makes no sense to me... xd  

Kasumi Ocada

Smitten Citizen

6,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Contributor 150

Nutmeg2736

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:29 pm
If you take actors and make them gay in a story, it just seems like a shameful and disgusting act to me. If they're really gay in real life, and they give consent to being included in your story, I think it's perfectly fine. smile  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff