[PRP] Tune Up (Deimos + Cerpin) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:59 pm

"Sometimes, depends on the night." He shrugged, pausing to munch on a couple more fries. "Music helps, an' sometimes aromatherapy 'n some medicines help. Pressure can help too, like uhh..." He paused, trying to think of how to describe what he was talking about. "Like... weighted blankets." Something about them put his mind at ease and occasionally helped him relax enough to get into at least a light sleep. "I- mmm..." Admittedly, Cerpin's offer to pay for assistance had caught him off guard. He shoved a couple more fries into his mouth to buy some time as he thought it over.

"S'not really the beetles. I did, uh, go see the rehabilitation clinic 'n stuff. Gave me weird vibes. Haven't really bothered with it since then 'cause the pills she gave me stopped really workin' much. An' until this happened I was... pretty convinced I had it under control long as I just didn't go outside." It was stupid when he thought back on it. Hindsight was always 20/20, though. "Routine isn't a problem, I got one a those just fine. An' I do try layin' around to see if it'll kick in, but there's only so much layin' around with only your thoughts a troll can take 'fore he starts to go mad." He made a face. He hated that part of it- being unable to shut his brain off as it ran in circles despite his body desperately wanting to shut down for a few hours.

"I'm... gonna see if there's anyone else that's got medical know-how for sleepin' disorders. Aside from the clinic. I'll letcha know how it goes. I don't take the space thing lightly, y'know? If it's somethin' that's an issue I'll take care of it." His tone switched to something more serious as he ended his thought. If there was one thing Deimos was absolutely certain of, it was that he was going to go to space. Anything that stood in his way would get handled, one way or another. "'Sides Perore found a way to knock me out if I ask her to." He snorted, grinning a little at the thought. Granted, it had been an accident when he'd started to ask her about whether she knew Cerpin was a rebel or not, but... it was still an option.

Yamashii

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:29 am
Cerpin tapped his fingers on the table as he listened to Deimos's response. It was well thought out even if somewhat depressing in content. The poor kid had been handed a tough lot in life with a problem like that. But there was a fire in there that insomnia hadn't managed to put out yet. He smiled like a pleased cat. It was fun to watch Deimos grow. He'd already changed so much since their first meeting.

"I don't know s**t about aromatherapy but." Cerpin held up a hand to stop the grumpy brat from chattering on further, "If it's music, I can help you." The sly grin was back on his face but there was something genuine in the eyes this time. It might be too much flash for Deimos but if the kid liked Forera so much, he could handle big expressive personalities, right?

"Just call me in the morning, when you're struggling. I'll pick up and play you something to see if it helps. You don't have to do anything but doze off!" Part of being friends was being there for each other through troubles, right? He might find Deimos to be overly sour and obnoxious but he enjoyed hanging around the guy. If it meant waking up an extra time through the morning to help the tealblood get some rest, he was willing to try it.

"Heh, you probably didn't expect this but I'm pretty good at lullabies." Before Deimos could respond with an 'oh no', a track began to play and Cerpin tugged the kid's face to rest against his chest in a relaxed pose.

"Now, she feels safe now
In this bar on Fairfax
And from the stage I can tell that
She can't let go and she can't relax
And just before
She hangs her head to cry
I sing to her a lullaby, I sing..."

nepsah

Yamashii

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:15 am

"Aromatherapy's prolly a load a s**t honestly, just smells nice." He snorted, though drew quiet at the hand, eyes narrowing. It figured that this conversation would prompt him to launch into a song, but... considering where they were, he wasn't going to complain. It suited their surroundings, after all. "You sure 'bout that? I could wake you up, or somethin'." If there was one thing Dei would probably never interrupt, it was sleep. He valued his own too much to ever want to interrupt someone else's, even if they didn't struggle with the same sleep problems.

"I dunno, you launched into one the first time you kicked down my door." He shrugged, at this point accepting his fate. Cerpin was gonna sing a lullaby and there was no point in making a fuss about it. So he didn't, at least until Cerpin pulled him over to rest his head against his chest. This-- now this was awkward. He stiffened up a little, not sure how to respond to this new position at first- but eventually settled on rearranging himself to be a little more comfortable as the song started.

Was he supposed to fall asleep here? "Y'know if I do--" he yawned, "sleep now - like, really sleep - I prolly won't wake up for a few hours." He wasn't sure if Cerpin was going to be able to hear him, but.. a warning was needed. He'd be sorely pissed if he did fall asleep only to get woken up earlier than he was ready to wake. Against his better judgment he allowed his eyes to close- they burned with the need to rest, it wouldn't hurt, would it? Cerpin was right though, he was good at lullabies.

Yamashii

Alternia RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces