[COMPLETE] To you, thirty minutes ago Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:08 pm
"We go in," she said distractedly. "N' we bluff it n' tell him since he don't need tha physical manifestation o' our consent, can we have it." Or something. Frankly, Preacher anticipated a fight one hundred percent, especially since he'd lied so smoothly and made so many angry. s**t, she was pissed too. Preacher bled onto another sigil, watching as the lines thickened. Ugh, she'd need a handkerchief or something for her hand after this. It hurt like a b***h.

Hey!" she said, thrusting the paper out at someone. "Take this."

HP: 30/30
Roll: casting

Inventory: mini sigil - nullifies one burning stack

Quote:
First person to post beneath me who does Not have a sigil gets this one. /quote]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:28 pm
And here they were before a door. Ezra was most likely on the other side. Or something like that. He looked to the others, then at the door, furrowing his brow.

"Ezra's primary element is fire, but you probably already knew that. I have been told that he is capable of mind altering effects as well, though I am not entirely certain what the extent of that means," he stated before looking to Preacher, "I somehow doubt we can bluff it that way. Difficult to pretend to be particularly knowledgeable when he knows far more than any of us."

When she shoved the sigil paper in his direction, Shun just redirected to have her give it to someone else.

"We can attempt the geas immediately, or attempt to convince him the normal way. If either of those fail, I fully expect a fight to break out."

HP: 40

Quote:
Preacher's free sigil can go to next unsigil'd person.

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:02 pm
Algie took the offered sigil, looking around.

"These kind of preparations are ideal.." He held the sigil, "Thank you."

Alg really didn't want to actually fight Ezra, though the prospect of punching him was massively appealing. He was much more powerful than any of them and there was no guarantee they even could.

"If the geas is our go-to, please be specific.." He was in danger of that as well.

The Semblance of Unity
taking sigil

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:29 pm
    "Ah, I see..." Oliver held the sigil close, "Thanks then, I guess."

Thanking someone who'd given him a broken nose was weird, but he was legitimately grateful.

"The geas can affect all Nobles, right?" He looked at Algernon as he remembered the conference, "So specifics is important, right. As far as a strategy goes..." He trailed off, "I'm a Moonwalker, but I'm not exactly the best at fighting. My magical set doesn't really give me much offensive presence either." He sighed, "If we could figure out his goal, then it would give us a good stepping stone. Perhaps we could discover that our goals aren't so far off and he's just being a paranoid b***h." Wishful thinking, "Or that we could provide amends in some other method. Either way, it's hard to go off of nothing..."

He sighed.

"Or threats could work, if you know what he holds dear, but blackmail might be a little sketchy even if he absolutely deserves it. But it would have to have enough leverage against all of our lives..." His eyes were focused on the door, "I can definitely sense something uncanny about whatever's behind there though. If it does devolve into a fight—like I said—I'm capable of bringing people back from the brink of death, but it's an ability I'd rather not exercise. I will if I must, of course, but—it's... complicated. Undeath bonds can be dangerous too, from what I understand."

He gave Nugget some more head rubs, "I have this little guy though, if things start to go too south. I can let Horace know we need back up from the scrying group."

The Semblance of Unity
he tuch the nug

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:29 pm
He handed the geas over. Polite he could handle, but bluffing and resisting mind control and whatever else were rather far outside his skill set. Too bad he couldn't distract the malevolent, immortal entity with a tiny hodgepodge robot. Chester smirked slightly to himself, pulling the expression back soon after. Zombies, you know. They were no laughing matter.

"Do you think we need to knock?"

Uncanny or not, they couldn't stand here forever.

Daekiez
geas pass
everybody backstreet's back all right
hoi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:53 pm
"I mean, I obviously ain't good at tha talkin' side of things," she said grumpily. "Geas works on all nobles, et cetera. I dunno that he holds anything but hissefl dear." She saw Chester hand the geas over to Alexis and frowned, thinking for a moment it was the sigil. Look, she was making them as fast as she could, but she gave him one for a reason. Did he wanna burn?

She frowned and focused. They could talk themselves blue, but she was busy. In a few minutes another sigil grew under her fingers. "Also, iffin he's in that door, chances are he's prob listenin' to us, y'know." Then she marched over and slapped the piece of paper on Alexis' chest. With no regard to whether it feel ot not, she removed her hand and paced away again.

daekie

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:01 pm
Nasir was pressing the sigil to his arm, a small nod and word of thanks given to Preacher. "Probably knows we're here," he said, watching as Chester passed the geas to Alexis, "so maybe it'll just open for us when it's go time ..." They had not seemed like they had wanted to know it that first night back from conference but this was a different situation and they were, for the moment, not affected by it at all.

At the mention of Nugget, Nasir thought of Trouble. "I can let them know we found him, since I left Trouble with them back at the ceremony. They might have something we could work with that would be beneficial in dealing with him as well?" His fingers started to fidget with a clip in his hair before he stopped himself. Nasir needed to keep his focus. "I could also," his shoulders squared, "touch him. I mean, if I can get my hands on him. I can calm him down or something, help him see what he's doing might be wrong? But ... touching is probably a bad idea."

Also couldn't the professor do something like that?

"Geasing him may be the best thing to do if things go poorly - if we can't talk him into just coming with us - but we need to be specific, just because ..." A glance went to the professor.

Inventory: one mini-sigil that prevents a stack of burning  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:09 pm
"He's never been rude to me," Lily noted, her gaze wistful as she came upon the door. "I mean, I don't know if you want me talking for everybody, but it's just weird because he seemed cool and now he's not." Still coming to terms with it all, she frowned, rubbing her fingers together.

She glanced over at Oliver, nodding along as he listed off all of his abilities. "Don't underestimate how handy it is to be small and fast if you need it," she countered, starting to lift a hand to pat his shoulder but stopped short when she remembered her boundaries. Being a moonwalker did not mean he had to be pack.

She chose to cross her arms again as a default, eyeing the door in question. "I can do some fire stuff, but that's probably worthless against the grillmaster himself. Other than that, umm..." She looked down at her hands, where she was suddenly holding a snowball.

"I can make snowballs," she remembered, announcing it to the general assembly.

"But we probably want to talk first, geas second. It's probably rude or whatever." Lily couldn't help but roll her eyes.  

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:19 pm
"If he is in his Burning Man form... I highly recommend that you do not touch him," Shun stated dryly. He let out a breath and nodded at the suggestion that the geas be used as a last resort. Or plan B.

"Just because he has never been rude to you does not make him any less of a conniving b*****d, either, Babineaux," he noted.

"Just... keep in mind that we are in Other Ashdown. We are not necessarily limited to what we can do when we do not have magic filling the air everywhere."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:32 pm
Nugget squeaked helpfully. He was thoroughly enjoying the attention paid to him and he liked Oliver. It was in his best interests to keep himself and Oliver alive, even if he was very small and just a set of eyeballs.

----

Preacher was trying to churn out another sigil. Time was ticking down. But she'd done so many. It had her fingers and mind moving like a well-oiled machine..

"Another!" she called out. "Put it inna place next to ya skin. Keep it close."

HP: 30/30
Roll: casting

Inventory: mini sigil - nullifies one burning stack

Quote:
next person without a sigil gets it

melancholies
nugget lovs u

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:37 pm
"He has coldfire." Alexis sucked in a breath through their teeth, reading over the geas before pocketing it, raising their left arm up so their scar-wrist was visible. "Almost lost a hand at the ball. We don't have anyone who's got special healin' talents, so -" their smile went wry - "try not t'let him grab you. Not on anythin' you're not willing t'lose."

They stared at Preacher, baffled, as she slapped the sigil to their chest. "...thanks?"

HP: 40/40
INV: Minisigil (nullifies 1 burning stack)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:53 pm
"I can't outright attack him.." And as far as he knew, vice versa, "but like Nasir I can attempt to subdue him if we have to. I'd certainly like it not to get to that point," HIs sigil was also slid under his watch band.

"So I hope we start with talking," which others had said already but was more his confirmation of such.

-----
HP: 30
Inv: 1 sigil  

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:46 pm
The door didn't swing open, but they knew suddenly that the door could be opened. One of them did. The doorknob was room-temperature and the material of the door was, too. Inside the room was a burned young man with a guitar and a canvas bag tucked between his feet.

"Hello," he said.

Quote:
You may begin persuasion rolls whenever you like. Your modifier is currently 1.73. The modifier does NOT apply to geas rolls.

round start

Blade Kuroda rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:14 pm
Shun motioned Lily to take the sigil from Preacher. He wasn't going to take one until everyone else had it first.

When the door opened up to reveal Ezra within, he narrowed his eyes as the burned young man while stepping on past the threshold to enter.

"Ezra. We need you to stop whatever the hell it is you are planning at once," he stated sternly.

HP: 40
Total: 17
Next roll is doubled.

shibrogane

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Daekie rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:24 pm
"Lord Ezra." Alexis straightened up when the door opened, shoulders straight, feet even-length apart, perfectly postured: if they bit back a curse and had to lean on the closest person, that was something they could (probably not) apologize for later. "We apologize for the intrusion, but you are needed back at the court." Clear enunciation, little emotion on their face; they didn't even give Shun a glance or a glare.

HP: 40/40
Roll: 7 (doubled from Shun) > 14 > 24
Total: 41
INV: One mini-sigil (negates 1 burning stack)  
ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff