Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[DRP] shot down in flames (jeremiah + others) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:59 am
Serious matters

Shun didn't reply to Jeremiah. He knew what he was getting into. And such, he was already out the door.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:10 am
serious matters

Jeremiah growled low and, for a rare thing outside of his own home, actually flipped a two-fingered salute at Shun's retreating back.

This was going to get worse before it got better, he just knew it. Especially if it involved what he thought it did. Not just anyone would move against Shun.

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:31 pm
bruh

"Ya still look like s**t." She half-limped over and took a seat. "So did ya catch up ta th'other dude, then? ******** 'em up good?" Preacher bounced her good foot.

"I guess they dint know 'bout your magicness n' s**t."

stab stab stab

"Sounds honestly inconvenient, Chief Mercer. Still, it must hurt." Temperance stepped over to his bed and reached her hand into her pocket. She held whispered something into her hand. "This might help; they work with the healer across the way." Lowering her hand, she opened it, revealing a tiny wisp of a creature who scuttled across Jeremiah.

"So, how do you ever get blood tests done? And, yes, the resident was out there muttering about perfect needle sticks. He'll be fine, though."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:19 pm
Serious Matters

The next day, Jeremiah would receive a small tea package delivered to his room from Shun.

The younger detective did not give it in person. He did not stop by at all since that first day.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:11 pm
calling in

shibrogane
had 2 get nu phn.
thx 4 the flowers.
is krasnya ok?
r u?

A few minutes later, another text was sent. Aleksy would know from experience it was agitated Jeremiah texting. After all, he never texted like this otherwise.

Quote:
i frgt how much bruises hrt.
will try 2 not be stpd. or b a target.
mght pnch a shun

Then there was no more because the pain medication kicked in.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:15 pm
without the rigmarole

Jeremiah did not say anything else, simply sighed. Mostly due to the fact that he was well acquainted with how people could look at some. Especially considering the frequency in which he was looked at as if he was a predator that could strike out at any moment.

More so now than ever.

A breath escaped, his arm wrapping briefly around his torso to stop himself from doing something else with it (like raising it and running a hand through his hair). "If I had no magic I would be dead," he said bluntly, "and had I not been shot at, I would've come out of the car crash uninjured. Instead my heightened defenses were protecting my torso. There was little time for reaction even with my inherent sense for danger."

Daekie

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:53 pm
bruh

"No one's been caught yet." The look on his face was clearly not happy. It was, in fact, the most mad Preacher had probably seen Jeremiah. "It was, as far as we can tell, a professional hit."

Then he huffed. "Not the extent of it apparently but enough to know that a single shot to chest might not kill me. They blew out the tire of the car to try and finish the job."

stab stab stab

"It originally merely negated damage to a certain extent but since we came into this world it's been more than that. My magic reacted and blocked the more grievous damage." It was why he was a walking bruise, it was why he wasn't dead when he should've been. The heightened ability, the icy scales that appeared, had focused on his chest and not his entire body.

Jeremiah stopped himself from tilting his head, instead holding a hand out gingerly as the tiny wisp crawled into it. There was an almost immediate sense of things easing. The pain was there but the burden of it lessened. "... that's certainly something," he murmured, before looking up at Temperance. "It does help actually and I've not been able to have any blood tests in ... months, at this point. Nothing breaks the skin. This is the first time I've actually suffered injuries and even then it's what you see."

The bruising was everywhere, deep and to the bone in a few places (like his left leg that would have him using the cane on the end of the bed).

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:53 am
without the rigmarole

"Do you -" their teeth grazed their lip in the middle of taking a breath, and they flinched, mostly unconsciously, still not entirely used to not having to hold their lips and mouth at a certain jagged set - "need anythin'? I mean. Anythin' I can do." Alexis seemed to come to realize it was a stupid, stupid question as soon as they said it, ducking their head, shoulders tight.

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:14 pm
without the rigmarole

"There's not much that can be done for me. Not that I am going to likely listen to the bedrest orders." His fingers flicked towards the cane that was at the end of the hospital bed. "Though if you would pass me that cup of tea?" The one that was actually further away. It was likely Algie's but Jeremiah was going to drink it because he wanted tea.

Even if it was likely to put him into sugar shock.

"I did want to speak to you about something."

Daekie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:24 pm
bruh

"A hit? That's ********' ballsy. Who's tha detective on yer case?" She huffed again, clearly displeased. Mercer wasn't supposed to get hurt. "Ya need me ta drop off anythin' for ya? I mean, it ain't like ya gonna stay in here long, but still."

stab stab stab

Temperance looked fondly at the little wisp. "It's a part of the other world healer's.... entourage. They come here, of course, to ease pain." With his magic that hardened his skin, Jeremiah Mercer was like a giant blob of squish inside an impenetrable bag.

"I think, for your safety, we'll need to find a way to pierce your skin." She frowned. "A way to convince your magic the difference between harm meant and not."

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:30 pm
without the rigmarole

Alexis frowned, tight-lipped, but quickly detatched themself from the chair to pass Jeremiah the tea - without a single drop spilling, actually. Steady hands and all that. They didn't go back to sitting down, then; it felt...unbalanced. Uneven.

"What'd you want t'talk about? We've got twenty minutes, I think."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:35 pm
bruh

"Officer Bliskiss is handling it for the moment, on the off chance it turns out to be less worldly and more otherworldly." If other ashdown reared it's head. "There might be some paperwork I need to sign off on that you can bring by. They're likely to tell me bedrest and taking it easy."

As bloody if. There was too much to do with the department and the Charter and the Sigil and the-

stab stab stab

"I've not seen them since ..." A breath escaped. "Well, since Autumn was here. I think she met the Healer, the old one at least." The little wisp of a spider was left to crawl as it wanted, some part of him enjoying the slight ease of the ache without the muddling of his mind that came from drugs.

Jeremiah's eyes closed for a moment before he sighed. "I might be able to give you a window but it isn't exactly something I consciously control. Strengthening it, yes, but not weakening it." His eyes opened back up. "... but with that in mind, I would prefer you're the one to take the blood if I can do so." Temperance was less likely to look at him like a medical oddity or strangely for his magic. He already expected the looks around town to get worse.

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:21 pm
unwanted downtime

Eve took a mental note to contact Shiloh as well. Would he be open to questions about his plant based abilities? She frowned momentarily -- it felt kind of personal.

"Thank you. Leila's eyes finished doing whatever they were doing, by the way." She was keeping on in a familiar tone, growing a little more affectionate as she spoke of her partner. "I think she must've been staring at the flowers we have out front for an hour."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:30 pm
hello from the otherside

There was a private bathroom located in the hospital room. It made very obvious sense that no one could come out of said bathroom without having gone inside first. Unfortunate for magic, things didn't have to make sense.

Which is why it actually wasn't that surprising when the door opened and Shiloh stepped out, his face set with something between frustration and determination, and one (1) Hellbine swaddled up in his ********' finally." It sounded like he'd been at this for a while.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:15 pm
without the rigmarole

Jeremiah took the tea, took a sip and scrunched his nose up a bit. "All the years later and I'm still not sure how he drinks this ..." he said, shaking his head and then focusing back on Alexis.

"Your magic. Getting it back. We've talked, Alexis, but with things with the Charter coming to a head, I want to see you getting it back." A breath escaped. "I've seen Eve, who likewise was stripped her of powers, perform magic."

Daekie

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces