Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:21 pm
7:05 pm

There was indeed, one squatter that resided in the abandoned apartment. He remarked how a shady guy with a black and yellow jacket came by with a big bag. The squatter stayed out of his way since he looked like trouble. Sometime after he had arrived, he heard two pops go off upstairs, then the man had left. The other thing of note was the guy had an eyepatch.

The fence was mostly closing off a sort of 'backyard' type area behind the building. The ground was soft thanks to some recent rains. It appeared that someone had come on through here sometime ago, leading to and from the back entrance of the apartment. Nothing was dropped or left behind.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:26 pm
7:15 pm

Ultimately, it seemed like there was nothing to be found in the fenced off area, but Fox still thoroughly investigated it before following the tracks inside along the back entry, if only to see if she could track what had happened. An officer related shooting was serious business, after all, and Fox slowly trailed along any trail she could find.

Simmons and Curtis, on the other hand, passed looks between each other at the tale of the squatter, both very aware of who that description matched. "Do you think you would recognize him if you saw him? Would you be willing to come down to the station with us and make a formal statement?"

This was bad news if what was said led where it seemed to be.

Blade Kuroda

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:49 pm
7:16 pm

"Y-yeah, I think so? Didn't really get a good look at his actual face but... can't be too many people with an eyepatch around town, right?" the squatter replied.

"Uh... you're not gonna kick me outta here are you?"

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:55 pm
7:20 pm

"You'd be surprised." Curtis said simply, "Well, nobody actually owns this building now....but you will want to find a new place before they tear this place down. We just want a formal statement."

Curtis hopped on his radio. "Hey Bliskiss? We got a gentleman here who saw our man. You uh....definitely are gonna want to hear his formal statement when we get back to the station." there was a silent moment, "and you may want to follow up on it with the Chief sooner rather than later...."

Fox...didn't like the sound of that, but never the less, met with the other two (and their squatter witness) out front. "So did you find anything, Bliskiss?" Curtis asked. Fox shrugged. "Evidence of an in and out. Nothing was left behind though."

Which basically meant their witness was....probably all they had to go off of.

Blade Kuroda

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:05 pm
7:21 pm

"Oh uh... yeah that's fine. I'll come with ya. I heard a horrible crash outside... Everything okay out there?"

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:20 pm

"Someone shot a gentleman driving a vehicle. We're investigating."

Blade Kuroda

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:21 pm

"Oh s**t... I thought that might have been a gun or something that I heard but... I dunno. A-anyway, I'll come with you now."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:36 pm
7:22 pm

Fox nodded. "Very good. We have a vehicle down the street we can drive you back to the station." she looked to Simmons, "I'll have you drive him back and make sure his statement is taken.

Blade Kuroda

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:44 pm
8:30pm

The squatter was taken to the station, and there he gave his official statement as a witness.

Earlier that evening, a man with a black and gold jacket, and an eyepatch came into the abandoned apartment with a large bag. A hood was drawn over his head, and he did not get a clear look at his actual face. Sometime later, two pops could be heard from the upstairs, followed by the sounds of a car crash further in the distance. The man left afterwards with the same bag.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:39 am
8:31 pm

Curtis documented the report on camera (the most serious). He slid a picture with several faces on it across the table. All of them lacked eyepatches, but one of them was notably one of their own officers.

"Could one of these men been who you saw?"

blade kuroda

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:18 am
8:32pm

The man looked over the photos and tilted his head. He seemed thrown off by the lack of eyepatches.

"Uh... maybe? Like I said, I didn't really get too good of a look at his face... inside the building was kinda dark, you know?"

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:21 am
8:32 pm

Curtis took a marker and quietly drew an eyepatch over each face. Really they just couldn't find a lineup of people with eyepatches, so they'd gone for similar face types.

This was a really cheap way of compensating.

"One more look, no pressure. Then I'll have an officer drive you back," uhhhhh, "home. Maybe pick up something to eat on the way?"

Blade Kuroda

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:45 am
8:35

He had to take some time looking them over with their makeshift eyepatches.

"Uh...." he hesitated before pointing at two faces, "Might have been one of these?"

One of the two was a certain Detective Lieutenant.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:49 am
8:36 pm

Curtis hid a frown, but nodded as he took back the sheet. "That's very helpful. Thank you." he motioned to the doorway, "Simmons should be just outside there, they'll get you back home."

When Fox finally returned back to the station, she was met by Curtis who showed her both the taped statement and the two images that the witness had narrowed the shooter (potentially) down to. She looked at them, frowning. "Oh boy. I don't want to point any fingers at one of our own, but..." but signs were pointing that way apparently. Which meant Fox would need to tighten up her shoestraps a little tighter and be extra sure before she made any pointed accusations.

And think carefully on her next course of action. Which was first likely to inform Jeremiah. Or did she try to talk to Detective Kuroda?

Blade Kuroda
Hi, I'm here for the ride and now don't know what you'd like me to do. It's your plot, anything in particular you need me to achieve for you?

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas