azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:30 pm
"I've no doubt of that," Jeremiah replied, certain that Shun would finish whatever he started. "There's more of an information breakdown on the listserv that should be more informative to read on."

He was quiet before he sighed.

"We did learn, of course, of one thing. Why we're without guidance. There was, apparently, a massive purge towards the end of the last cycle. Wherein all differentiated, save a few, were killed."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:43 pm
"I will need to read through and parse everything... very soon," Shun said, taking in a deep breath. Though, he lifted his head as Jeremiah mentioned something about a purge.

"...A purge? Really? Who or why?"

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:33 pm
"We've no idea. The fetches have no clue and those that remain are not knowledgeable about it." Jeremiah did not like that small fact.

"No moonwalker or seer, which apparently is another term for wargs, made it through, save Michael obviously but he's not specifically a moonwalker, I would think. Of the nobles, it was Adoelle, Minerva, Ezra, and the Lady. At least, those are whom I assume survived the purge. Heliodora as well but we've lost most of those people now."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:43 pm
Shun didn't like that at all either. It reeked of foul play.

"Well, great. No wonder we have been fumbling through this s**t. We lost a lot of ... whatever progress we might have had up til now," he grunted. Sighing, he shook his head to himself. Maybe some former version of himself had attempted to continue his progress in the issue as well, only to end up getting purged or whatever.

It was something he was going to need to keep in mind.

"Do you think any of the survivors might have... caused it? Called for it?"

Spinel Lady seemed like an obvious choices given... the way she was. But he couldn't think of a possible motive for it.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:08 pm
"Essentially, yes. Without those people, without those resources, we've been going into this far blinder than we would've normally." Jeremiah assumed that he was likely one of the people purged. Given that he had a tendency to be a Noble, he was certain that he would have had to be killed to be back around this time.

"Potentially." This had him staring at Shun. "As it stands, we are likely looking at someone who is sabotaging efforts and probably has been for some time. Whether or not it's one of the survivors or someone else, I've no clue. It's a small pool of suspects and I am not beyond thinking they're also involved in the attacks on - and murder of - Ascencion Shore."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:34 pm
Shun's good eye narrowed, "Good to know. I wonder if the cycle before had been getting somewhat close to ending the cycles if that is the case. It seems that whoever may be actively attempting to sabotage all of this... they wish for things to remain as they are."

Though why that would be, he had no clue.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:38 pm
"Speaking of the cycles," said Jeremiah, "this world does not have a cage in the same manner in which we did. If there are cycles and a cage, they are entirely unaware of it."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:45 pm
The younger detective tilted his head at that news.

"...Really. That is... curious. So we introduced the cage to this world, then?" he asked, "Ascension was the focal point for the new sigil..."

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:31 pm
"Something like that. I believe there is some manner of cage in effect, otherwise how does Ascencion exist?" Jeremiah shook his head. "And for so long?"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:26 pm
"Not only that, but the fact that there is still two versions of Ashdown," Shun noted. He drew in a breath, then added, "Do you know if the Renard of this universe had attempted the same... things as the one we know?"

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:34 pm
"The schema was confiscated this time, instead of used, but that's not to say someone did not attempt something with it all the same." A breath escaped. "As for other ashdown? Well ...

"It may be all that's left of the world before the cage, Shun. That's why we do so much better there."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:44 pm
"That makes sense I suppose... though, that world is pretty ******** up now in a way."

It wasn't as bad now that it wasn't constantly raining over there, but it was still kind of dreary in comparison. Even if it did feel better to be there, than over on this side.

"But... first order of business is to finish this charter ordeal. Yes?"

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:07 pm
"Charter is high on the priority list, but Sunny's murder must be taken care of. If we need to speak to Sonny directly, then so be it. They were there, Shun, and involved, and thus our best set of eyes on the matter." There were too many things going on, too many that needed to be handled.

"The other thing that's currently being worked on is the dismantling of the previous Sigil. It still exists and until it is taken apart, we're essentially still trapped by it."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:49 am
Shun closed his eye and nodded, "Yes. I agree. The fact that I have lost so much time to work on the case does not help. Though I would not expect Sonny to be entirely forthcoming. They did claim to have never encountered the other Ascension, after all."

At the mention of dismantling the old sigil, he slowly nodded. That, in itself, was going to be tricky. Especially when Ascension was a part of it.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:26 pm
"It's complicated, the entire thing." Jeremiah let out a breath. "Especially given that the nature of this world is different, so the birth of Ascencion is different. Regardless, Preacher Maria is assisting in the matter of the dismantling of the previous Sigil. Some of the elements we need will be particularly hard to get our hands on considering they may no longer even exist."

Blade Kuroda

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces