Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:38 pm
If Leila could answer that conclusion, or counter it, she didn't. Instead she settled even further under Jeremiah's arm. Biscuit hopped off her lap to go peck around the yard some, but Toots was quick to occupy the freed space. Petting the white hen gave Leila something to do with her hands.

"He put Lady through a lot," she said. "More than I realized. You, too... I'm sorry."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:07 pm
"Don't apologize," Jeremiah sighed. "It isn't your place to do so." He looked off, to the distance. "I may not have asked to become a Noble, was unaware of what his help meant - to be capable, to have discipline - but it was given to me."

One hand went to rubbing at his leg, the burn scar there. It was the reminder of his time as a tithe, just like the sensation of his body burning was. "I don't know what I am saying," he admitted, uneasily, "and truthfully I've been working on accepting a few of the things that happened during my tithing. I suppose part of it is: you're not carrying the burden alone, Leila. You have Eve, you have me, you have others who understand, alright? Even if you can't talk about parts of it."

cibarium

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:58 pm
Leila nodded and sighed, a long grounding breath. "I know Eve must've nudged you over here," she said. "Thanks for coming, though."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:23 pm
"Something like that," Jeremiah agreed, and you're welcome." Not there needed to be much more said. No, everything was already said and done.

For now he would simply sit with Leila and be quiet company. He knew, after all, just how deep Ezra could cut with words alone.

cibarium

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff