azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:24 pm
"We would be here for a while if I started listing off the things I have done, or fights that have occurred, because I did not tolerate being told I couldn't do something." Jeremiah was oddly amused talking about this. The silver-haired man did not talk about his youth that often, preferring to leave it in the past. Most at the department did not really remember the rowdy young Brit that had shown up and hung around until someone finally had gone '... are you interested in joining?'

"If we do it right, yes, new nostalgia. The best thing to help ease old feelings." Creating new memories without the other attachments. "Never really had to ask for anything for the kitchen, everything I wanted when I was growing up was there, but I did ask for an easy bake oven just to see if my father would break." Blow a gasket, so on. Jeremiah had terrorized the man as only a child could without getting caught.

Purchases made, he looked over what they had and then tilted his head. "Let's head to the meat market around the corner. I think we've gotten everything we need from here unless you want to look for something else?"

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:21 am
She laughed. Somehow, it was easy to imagine Jeremiah as a bruiser and starting fights. Not like a loose canon, he just had never struck her too hard as a Lawful Good type. Maybe a little bit closer to Lawful Neutral or a Chaotic Good. Cass was definitely a Chaotic tho.

"Lord, I never owned an easy back oven. One of my friends did, though. It wasn't as fun as one would think." she folded her arms and nodded sagely. Plus nothing tasted as good when made in one, unfortunately. It was just so much easier to use a real oven (not that anybody wanted to let little Timmy use a real oven).

Between the two of them, they had quite the little assortment of ingredients. "I think I got more than I intended to get while we were here. I think if I hang around too long my house will end up full of so much produce I won't even get to it all and it'll go bad first." Cass said with a nod, "so meat, yeah."

Azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:51 am
Jeremiah was a Neutral Good with Chaotic tendencies. It was sometimes not a combination to be when one was in law enforcement but he had reached the point where he had the means to work on changing things if they were not right.

"No, they weren't, and quite atrocious to be honest but child me did enjoy when my mother made Piers try the atrocities I made." His lips twitched. "As he assumed I did not know how to cook or bake at that age, he did not realize I was deliberately making terrible things."

No, Jeremiah did not like his father. Clearly.

He chuckled. "Yes, I tend to try and limit myself. Checklist of what I want for the week and then maybe extras. I did try to have a garden of my own but I've been too busy and stick with flowers and herbs." Which meant soon Cass would see the ridiculous garden that was Jeremiah's pride and joy because it was finally back to it's rightful state and not have destroyed by unknown forces.

The meat market was not that far, Jeremiah pulling the door open for Cass to head inside.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:44 am
Tale of Jeremiah's cooking mischief caused Cass to laugh. As a child cook who had genuinely not been that talented at the beginning, she imagined half the monstrosities she'd baked being made that way on purpose. She also imagined this 'Piers' person as a shorter, fatter, Jeremiah with thick black permanently angry eyebrows, a villainous chin, and a handlebar mustache like something out of an old 20s silent movie, so the image of him having to try this cooking was....well, it was pretty funny.

"Checklists are very important," Cass agreed. It meant you didn't have to take 3 trips to the store because I FORGOT THE FLOUR, I'M SO R R Y. Cass didn't make checklists, though. Probably because she was a glutton for punishment. "I'll look forward to this little flower-and-herb garden. I'm going to guess it isn't full of tiny plant-cats," she added, teasingly.

Despite not being a long walk, Cass not being made for walking expeditions was fairly obvious from it. While she didn't turn into a lump of panting and dying from it, she adjusted her ponytail twice because lord, sweating was the worst, and once inside purposely found a place to sit for a minute.

The top of a freezer was not a place she should have been choosing to sit, however, and she earned a fair share of 'Seriously, stop that' stares from other patrons and an employee behind a counter. She shrugged innocently.

"So did we decide on chicken or pork? Pork we'll want a nice tenderloin, chicken I'd say we probably want to get a whole one."

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:47 pm
Coincidentally it turned out that Jeremiah looked nothing like his father. He did, in fact, resemble his mother. The only thing that he shared with his father was his eyes: the same startling combination of blue-green. An oddity that had been passed down from father to son (and daughter, though that's another story).

His lips twitched at the mention of plant-cats. "No, it is not. There's only Hellbine and Violetta and Violetta is a lump that lays in the sun. They've another sibling and their mother but I've not seen either in a long time." Also plant-cats. "Hellbine does help with the garden and herbs, however. I am certain he visits my neighbor to help her with some of her spellwork."

Regular. Witch. Spellwork. Not the fantastical kind that came from other ashdown.

Most of the people in the market, at least, were wise enough to not say anything to Cass even as she sat on the freezer. Jeremiah was perusing the display next to it, giving the butcher (an old acquaintance) a friendly smile before looking back to her.

"Mm, at this point ... I am thinking we could pick up both. It isn't as if we have to make both today and I can't quite decide anymore." Besides that there was a good tenderloin right in front of him and they were claiming that chicken had been brought in today fresh.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:03 pm
She kicked her legs back and forth as Jeremiah glanced through the display, leaning back on the freezer. Ah yes, nice and cold, just like her heart. Actually that was a lie. "Yeah? You sure you want to let me come over too much? I might move into your kitchen like a little gremlin and only come out when there's food or to pet the cats." she joked, "I'll just kick all of the stuff out from under the sink and curl up in there."

Never the less, she stood up to peer through the displays herself, 'hmmmm'ing thoughtfully as she did so. "Mmmm, that tenderloin does look pretty good. If we really had the patience for it, we could do a blend of the two but that....would be a lot of meat." there would be leftovers in the fridge for days.

Or they'd have to feed half the neighborhood as well.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:05 pm
Jeremiah chuckled, gesturing to the tenderloin they both thought looked good and for one of the butcher to pull it aside. "Bit of a spoiler, or not as it stands, but I tend to have a soft spot for gremlins. I think you've got something there with doing a blend. There'd be left overs but I could do some other things with the meat ..."

Now he was in planning mode about what to do with the rest.

"It'd certainly be filling, that's for sure ..."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:13 pm
"Even ones who live under the sink and only want food and love?" she paused, "er, food and to pet your cats," she laughed nervously. Whoops.

Cass was also 'hmmmm'ing thoughtfully at the idea of leftover meat. "Well, we want at least half that tenderloin sliced into like..." she held up her fingers to denote a width, both for Jeremiah to see, and for the Butcher to see, "could use it for a curry," mmm, curry, "or make some blended-meet taquitos. Those would be good. Or just some burritos or something." As though on queue, her stomach reminded her that breakfast hadn't quite existed with a whale-song.

Rather than a look of embarrassment, Cass just looked down at it and mimicked the noise back and added, 'To you too, good sir.'

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:27 pm
"Especially those kind," Jeremiah chuckled and then, of all things, winked at her playfully. "Certainly, Hellbine would welcome the attention. Violetta too." He nodded towards the butcher to go ahead and make the cuts.

"Curry or skewers or this recipe I have for apple glazed tenderloin that I've not used in a while." The sound of Cass's stomach made him smile a bit more. "We should probably get a move on before your stomach starts a revolt. I've got some snack-type things to tide over until a real meal."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:58 pm
"Hellbine can live with me under the sink. Violetta too. We'll set up our own under-the-sink government that must be paid in dues of food." A twenty-three year old woman and two cats would not live comfortably under the sink and it wouldn't work out, unfortunately.

"Oh man, those all sound pretty good. Not gonna lie." and her stomach wouldn't either, making another pathetic warble at the mention of more recipe ideas. Clearly, it was much more impatient than she herself was. Whoops. "That sounds like a great idea. I mean, I'm obviously biased," she gestured to her stomach with both hands and a frown. "But I also have my peaches and some cheese I can snack on too. Meat will take a bit of prep, though, so we want to get that started sooner, rather than later."

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:57 pm
"As long as you accept that Hellbine is a princess, he'll be good with that or just let Violetta sit on him whenever he's not listening well." Jeremiah was amused at the idea, at least, even if it obviously would not work.

"Could you cut up the chicken as well? We'll that with the tenderloin." He leaned forward and gestured to one of the options for cuts on the laminated sheets they had on top of the display. Jeremiah looked back to Cass. "I think we'll be set then, aside from having to pick up a couple things at the bakery and then check the world market for actual Greek yoghurt." They had had some in the past. "Those are just quick stops, however, so it won't take much longer."

demon_pachabel
can ... wrap this one in the next post or so? and start another one with them coming to the mercer abode?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:28 am
"Hellbine is a sweet fuzzy face and he knows it," Cass nodded sagely. She had called him that previously.

"So chicken, tenderloin," she mentally went through what else they had on their list in her head, tacking it off on her fingers and nodding as she trailed off into mumbling under her breath. "I think with as long as it will take to prep the meat, we could make flatbread ourselves, to be honest," unless Jeremiah just didn't want to, "but I think that could also be an impatient stomach talking. So what, two more stops?" there was a pause, "are we walking again?"

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:23 am
This was why Hellbine liked Cass. She accepted his Princessness.

Jeremiah was watching the butcher work, glancing towards Cass with a very particular look on his face. It was in the arch of his eyebrow and the way the corner of his mouth twitched upward. "We can make it ourselves and cut it down to one more stop but I can also cut out the walking."

Not that he had brought his car but it wasn't like he did not have other methods.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:28 am
Cass had seated herself back on the freezer in this time.

"Hey, I'll stop as many places as needed if I don't have to walk there." she relented, kicking her legs back and forth. She knew about his methods. She'd gone on that particular adventure before.

"So I guess that settles it either way." there was a pause, "I'm totally buying cinnamon rolls if we stop at the bakery though."

No self control.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:34 am
Jeremiah laughed. "I suppose that is only fair, since you can eat those immediately." So they would stop at the bakery just because of that. "Alg often complains too many things I make come with a caveat of for later or tomorrow." Or stop filching from the bowl, I'm not done making it yet.

The meat, cut to their specifications, was slid across the counter wrapped up in white butcher paper.

He moved towards the register to pay for it. "We'll have to walk just a little bit but not too far," he told her. Mostly because they needed to not be in sight.

demon_pachabel

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces