Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[DRP] A Brief History of Ultimate Hangouts (Shiloh/Kaleb) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:40 pm
Hotdog Saturday

"It's probably a little worried." He paused, "Maybe cautious is a better word. I'm sure if we tried to get closer it'd bolt... man, if Jamie was here..." He laughed a little, "I mean, bunnies really like him because... they think he is a bunny, I guess." He looked back to the animal.

Suddenly, upon the second glance, there were... two bunnies.

"Holy s**t." He was carrying too many hot dogs to really appreciate the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:43 pm
Clear Skies

"I have some." He told Kaleb with a smile, "Dont'cha know who I am?" He literally like, grew flowers. "Bean really likes to sniff them and stuff."

"Bean? That sounds like a cute name for a pet!" The owner was amiable with her small talk. Shiloh tried not to balk; oops.

"Yeah, totally. I love the little guy." Shiloh tried to redirect the conversation, "These ones have holes in the bottom to vent better." The owner proceeded to get distracted as a second person entertained her stand. "'Sides bud, you know it'd never actually die." He whispered the last part as he shot Kaleb a genuine grin. He waved one of his fingers at a particularly plump succulent, which seemed to wave back. In reality though, Shiloh had only manipulated it to wiggle a little.

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:46 pm
Unhealthy Appetite

"Check the s**t out of that muffin." He pointed at the boisterous blueberry dessert, the top encrusted with sugar. "That right there. That's the kind of thing people die for."

He was smiling ear to ear. Suddenly it dropped, "Wait, you're not offering are you? I can—" He pulled his wallet out, though his gaze was following Kaleb's finger to the brownie. Shiloh was also quite the chocolate connoisseur, usually in milk format, but he loved it in any format really. Suddenly the muffin was totally forgotten about, "Oh my god Kaleb oh my god that looks amazing."

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:03 pm
Hotdog Saturday

"It's another one!" Kaleb exclaimed in an excited whisper, a master of the obvious. "Do you think they are part of a family?"

Apparently he was also carrying too many hotdogs, but that situation was remedied with a soft splat as one tipped out of his hand and hit the overgrown pavement.

"Oh shoot," he muttered, barely wanting to take his eyes away from the distant rabbits, who had startled slightly at the motion but not bolted yet. One hotdog down, nine to go.  

Grey Dragon

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:12 pm
Clear Skies

Kaleb covered a small smile with his hand. "Even if it survived, it couldn't be happy... In a dingy little room with no light, and nobody around to talk to it... Or sniff it..."

His gentle heart caused him a great deal of trouble, applying feelings to just about anything whether they actually felt or not, but he just would not have been the person he was without that overflowing empathy.

"You wanted to get jam though, right?" He asked, giving the cute little succulents a parting glance. Maybe someday he would have a nice window to read in again, south-facing, with lots of light for plants to enjoy...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:22 pm
Unhealthy Appetite

"A second one of those, please!" Kaleb chirped enthusiastically, and a second brownie went into a paper bag. He had not missed Shiloh's momentary discomfort, but the brownie was clearly more important.

Besides, Kaleb might have looked and dressed like a kid who was poor and starving, but that was purely biology and convenience. Any desire for extravagance or material possessions was completely overshadowed by his desire for knowledge... And more recently, his desire to make his friends happy now that he actually had friends.

If Shiloh wanted to argue, Kaleb would simply remind him that one brownie was nothing next to an ungodly sized pile of hotdogs.

Melancholies

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:05 pm
Hotdog Saturday

Shiloh watched this happen like it was a slow motion film. "That's ok." He said, "I mean, something's gonna come eat it. Maybe the raccoons? Or a lucky opossum. You just made an opossums night."

That was how Shiloh looked at things anyway.

"Anyway, they might be related. Here we should probably set these down..." He looked around at the... grass... and stuff... "Okay, we really can't. That's fine. Uh."

"Maybe we should—" Suddenly, perhaps spurred by all the activity, there were... four bunnies.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:07 pm
Clear Skies

"Aw, I'm sure it would be though..." Shiloh elbowed his friend, but he relented. "Maybe I'll just have to buy you one as a gift when you least expect it." He gave the owner a tiny wave in goodbye before departing with Kaleb.

"But right, jam. Let's see..." He looked around, "Oh, that stand has local honey. That's some pretty good stuff. They got syrup too..." But the jelly...

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:09 pm
Unhealthy Appetite

Shiloh's eyebrows shot up, "H-Hey! Oh man, now I owe you one." He said this like it was somehow the worst thing in the world, and yet despite the childlike wonder on his face, one could tell he was probably just being dramatic. Shiloh was kind of dramatic with his friends. He pocketed his wallet again.

"Thanks bud." He was genuinely appreciative, "I'll treat you to icees sometime. Now..." He was homing in on that bag, even though it wasn't yet in Kaleb's possession.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:12 pm
Rainy day

Today, Shiloh's planned adventure with Kaleb had been cut tragically short. He'd suggested a trip to the Otherworld this time, only for them both to run into a freak rainstorm. Thankfully Shiloh had pointed out a bus stop, and now they both had adequate (if not slightly soaked) shelter.

"I dunno if it's gonna let up anytime soon." He said, sounding a little put out. "Actually, when we first met, it was super rainy like this too, wasn't it? I think you got drenched..."

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:38 pm
Hotdog Saturday

"In the city it would just be pigeons, there are pigeons everywhere. I'm sure they would eat a hotdog," Kaleb muttered, now glancing between the upended hotdog and the rabbits. He really didn't want to miss anything.

Yet somehow he did.

"Look, it must be a family!" He hissed excitedly. "There are so many of them now!"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:39 pm
Clear Skies

Kaleb peered through the crowd to see what Shiloh was talking about. "Oh, wow. Are those all different types of honey? I never knew there were more varieties than the liquid stuff and the more solid stuff."

Then he glanced a bit farther ahead. Suddenly he touched Shiloh's shoulder, a rather shy gesture even considering his enthusiasm. "There, a little farther down! Those look like jars of jam! Unless they are... ketchup... or something..." He stood on his tiptoes for a second, but was still not tall enough to see clearly beyond the crowd.  

Grey Dragon

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:40 pm
Unhealthy Appetite

The moment the food was paid for, Kaleb handed Shiloh one of the two brownie bags. It was heavier than it looked, that decadent piece of baked goods really meant business.

"I'd like that," Kaleb replied with an easy smile. Shiloh's reactions all made him feel warm and fluffy inside, he would have gladly bought the rest of the brownies for his friend if it had been even remotely practical. "Want to go outside and sit down somewhere? I sorta... forgot about lunch, so I should probably eat something..."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:41 pm
Rainy day

"Drenched like this?" Kaleb replied with a smile, holding his arms up to demonstrate how soaked his clothing was. The water had plastered his hair to his face and his clothes to his scrawny body, and he could barely see past the droplets on his glasses. He immediately went back to hugging himself to avoid losing too much body heat.

"I'm glad I ran into you back then, I was really scared," he admitted, even though Shiloh probably already knew all that. "It was the first time I was here outside of the dreams."

Melancholies

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:39 pm
Hotdog Saturday

that.

"There are a bunch though..." He murmured, his voice set and quiet like he was thinking very seriously. "What should we do?"

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff