Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[?] The Conference (Main Thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:47 pm
    Sorry... His face was impassive as the thought left his head.

Still, despite Nasir's overwhelming acceptance of his presence and Horace's coaxing, he didn't take a seat. It's complicated. His wrist was buzzing again, and it made his expression screw up into something angry. Don't worry about it. He was about to ask Nasir about Trouble, maybe make some small talk, but he was throwing his arms around some goth lady and he didn't feel like interrupting something so heartwarming (see: loosely used term).

"Pangaea meeting..." He went on about instead, sighing, thrummed his fingers on the table, "Uh, the... Lady is probably right." He motioned at Lara. "I should probably go back over to the table for the weres." Except, there weren't any moonwalkers sitting over there currently. Maybe that was why. "I don't even want to be here, honestly."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams

shibrogane

Quote:
everyone else

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:45 pm
    Better late than never, right?

Except, Shiloh sort of wished he'd never come, but he kind of... had to, even if he didn't want to. He was shackled to the Court more-so due to his position as a Noble, but also because he saw it fit to pile thing after thing after thing on top of his shoulders. Still, tonight was going to be a night, in that there were going to be some substantial differences being made, and he wasn't sure how much he was going to like any of them. Actually, to that end...

"Do you think we'll even figure anything out?" He leaned over to ask his boyfriend once he saw everyone inside. It wasn't even all of them, he didn't think. There's a lot of people, I mean. Hey, isn't that? He didn't know Lara like the other wargs had, but he knew enough after Blackfriars. Well, whatever.

He greeted the fetches pleasantly, "Thank you," and let them take his jacket. Underneath his shirt was still long-sleeved, so he didn't seem very bothered. He couldn't recognize any of the fetches due to their clothing, but he could tell immediately that they were the Spinel Lady's all the same.

"Where did you want to sit?" He asked Jamie, "It looks like there's name tags or something, but ******** that. In his hand was a leather folio, an object he'd brought along with him after a slight detour in the Court grounds. A lock symbol softly glowed on the surface of it. In his other hand was, well, Jamie's. He squeezed it to try and settle his nerves—both of theirs, actually—before tugging them both off to the side. Maybe they wouldn't sit right away, but the right side of the room was looking rather empty, and it was apparently marked off for the moonwalkers anyway.

His gaze caught Oliver's for a moment, and he frowned when his brother looked away. Actually, what the ******** was he wearing? Well, never mind.

shibrogane
hello fetch friends

saedusk
the bae

Quote:
come say hi! or don't

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:27 pm
Rabbit's eyes remained closed, but a slow grin threatened to reveal that he was paying more attention to his surroundings than he appeared to be.

"He threw a hospital bed. Hm." His own thoughts regarding Hux were awkward for several different reasons, but at least the man had never chucked anything at him. "I hadn't noticed he was here, but that's a pretty damn good reason to keep to ourselves."

He was quiet for a short stretch after that, listening to the meaningless conversation at the warg table and what he thought might have been Shiloh making an appearance. Eventually, he added, "Well, I think you're very brave."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:37 pm
"I'm counting on it," Horace said, and winked at Felt as the fetch left. Then he turned his attention back to his tablemates.

Of course I worry, idiot. Horace frowned at Oliver and his frown deepened further. Don't leave me. He probably hadn't meant to send that one, through.

"I didn't particularly want to come either, but I figured it was better than staying in the dark." Horace shrugged. "I don't like the idea of separated tables, is all. It seems exclusionary, rather than organized."

shibrogane
melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:10 pm
    Well now Ollie was caught between a rock and a hard place. "I mean, you're not wrong. I dunno how Otherworld does things though." He looked exceedingly miffed, especially as he caught his brothers eye. Fantastic.

"But it seems like it's all about shrouding everything in mystery for no goddamn reason." He looked away from his brother as he said it. He didn't sit at one of the chairs, but he did rest against the back of the table, arms crossed petulantly.

Things keep dying. He told Horace vaguely.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:26 pm
"Well I guess we're not nerdy enough to hang out at the nerd table," Lily commented wryly, her arms still wrapped around Nasir as she considered the blonde who looked like Shiloh but didn't have Jamie on him, so was...fake Shiloh? Alternate Shiloh? Guardian but also genetic clone Shiloh? It was rude to accuse someone of being a pod person at the table, and everyone seemed to be getting along so well, but Lily was still suspicious and expressed that with a hesitant sidelong glance, not nearly as disarming without her usual swaths of dark eyeliner.

"Being at separate tables is for squares," Lily nodded in agreement to the spectacled dreamer with dark hair. "We could just, like...redistribute people by how they wanna sit, move the name tags around." The name tags were a nice touch, and Lily didn't want to discount the work of whatever poor fetch had to spend hours referencing magical pinterest for the display.

Occasionally she glanced over to Jeremiah, Professor Algernon, and further past to Temperance, but she fought the urge to go talk to the blonde by tightening the hug she had on Nasir. They were going to get answers at this meeting, but Lily was pretty sure she didn't want all of them, not all at once.

azuredreams

melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Quote:
hi warg table

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:40 pm
"Or," said Silk, "You stop being so rude and sit where indicated. How does that sound?" Unlike every other fetch, her features were exposed to the room. She wore no mask, no heavy draperies. Her uniform was crisply cut black, her hair pulled back into a tight ponytail, severe as a splash of ink across her porcelain white forehead. "We've worked terribly hard to make our mistress proud. The least you could do within her Court is honor us."

She took her place behind the podium. "If you will take your seats, we may begin."

The official GM post will arrive in one hour. surprised

AMItotic
Lily
cibarium
Leila
Daekie
Ashton
lizbot
America
Melancholies
Shiloh and Ollie
saedusk
Jamie
Smerdle
Rabbit
The Semblance of Unity
Preacher&Horace
happy bonsai
Hux
iloveyouDIE
Algernon
azuredreams
Nasir and Jeremiah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:54 pm
Jeremiah waved towards Shiloh and Jamie, head inclined slightly at the young men and towards others before Silk was speaking.

"To our spots we go then," he said lightly, fingers squeezing Algie's arm and moving towards the Noble table. "It is best to honor the Madame and those she looks after." The words were said for all to hear and not lightly said. After all, not respecting was quite detrimental (and the fetches had served her well with this arrangement).

"Rabbit, Temperance," Jeremiah inclined his head towards both before another polite nod was given to Hux as he took he pulled Algie's chair out for him and took his own beside him. He wondered, in all of this, where a certain someone was going to be sitting.

iloveyouDIE

Melancholies

saedusk

Smerdle

The Semblance of Unity

happy bonsai

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:59 pm
"Oh," Nasir said in a small voice, after the normal looking fetch spoke and then he heard Jeremiah say something as well. He suddenly thought about Alexis, at home without any magic. It was best to be on good behavior, wasn't it? He had told Wil to not worry, that he would be fine.

Everything would be fine.

"I guess it's better if you go to the other table where your name is?" he said to Lily and then also looked over to Oliver. There was an unspoken desire in there that he did not want to see anyone in trouble. "It's better to be here and say things, to hear it for ourselves, instead of finding out after the fact."

... or when things changed or when things- Nasir was stopping his brain from wandering down rabbit trails.

AMItotic

Melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:09 pm
"Mm, I think his fetch hates me, too. Something about attempting to steal his love?" She watched the back of Rabbit's head. "The line between brave and stupid is sometimes nonexistent, I think." She unfolded her legs.

"I suppose now is too early to start a revolution; we should move back." Temperance clearly did not want to. "I'll grab the stool." She moved and stood, jerking her dark blue scrubs into place. It was maybe silly to wear them here, but it made her feel better. She looked at Silk and sighed.

smerdle

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:10 pm
"Okay, fine, whatever," Lily muttered darkly, relinquishing her hold of Nasir and rolling her eyes. She lifted her head and walked smoothly around the noble table, sitting primly at the stool in front of her name card. Her lips were pursed and her hands were folded neatly in her lap, posture tall and her nose tilted in inclination towards the podium in silent anticipation.

It was irritating, to be treated like they were children in grade school, and it left a bitter taste in her mouth, but Lily knew how to play the part of the obedient student. With the absence of Eve at the table to speak for them, she had to actually listen for once, make observations and maybe even have an opinion or two.

It sounded exhausting.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:27 pm
(Somewhere in the last few moments, Ezra had arrived and taken a seat at the noble table. Lady was, somehow, lounging over the seat that she had been assigned. And weirdly, Aleksy Spektor had taken a seat at the warg table, looking vaguely amused.) (Finn was across the room with the weres.)  

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:28 pm
Horace poked Oliver's hip, sending out a small static shock. "Yeah, it's all annoying. I guess.... I guess you should go, though." While he knew some of the people at the warg table, he'd hung out more with Oliver, felt more comfortable around him and anything with crowds made him so uneasy. This was dumb; he didn't need anyone to hold his hand.

Tell me later? He glanced up at Oliver. I know something's up. Another pause.

Will you hate me if I say I'll hate to see you go, but love to watch you walk away? He was hoping to coax at least an amused scowl from Oliver - a smile seemed like too much of a thing to hope for.

"I still think the separation is silly." He pulled out a notebook.

azuredreams"
melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:29 pm
"Thank you," said Silk.

She looked to her left, to her right, scanning the group that had answered the invitation. "It has come to our attention that you all desire a change to the Charter that gives all of us meaning," she said. Her voice was deep and sonorous, it carried across the small tables. Her gray eyes settled on nothing in particular just over the heads of the nobles. "It is in our best interests to assist, so that we as a people may continue to exist as we prefer to, and so that our beloved Lady will not be harmed by your fumbling attempts." She didn't sneer, though she looked like she'd like to. Her hands were folded before her on the podium, her shoulders set square. "But also, the fetches as a group represent the largest pool of magical knowledge within the otherworld, should you discount Lord Renard and his husband. We make ourselves available to you."

Silk didn't move from her position, but her stare moved back down. She took a long moment to make eye contact with each attendant; it felt like a solid poke to the forehead, that stare. "There are those among you who desire nothing more than to see the Charter shattered and everything that has been built, destroyed. We must move quickly. I urge you all to approach this with honesty and an open mind, so that we may prevent that ruin, and perhaps move closer to ending the cage once and for all."

With her apparent opening address completed, she said, "Are there any questions you should like me to answer before dinner is served and we begin?"

Got any last-minute questions? Quote shibrogane to ask 'em!

AMItotic
Lily
cibarium
Leila
Daekie
Ashton
lizbot
America
Melancholies
Shiloh and Ollie
saedusk
Jamie
Smerdle
Rabbit
The Semblance of Unity
Preacher&Horace
happy bonsai
Hux
iloveyouDIE
Algernon
azuredreams
Nasir and Jeremiah

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:33 pm
"All right," Rabbit said under his breath, making sure his notes were in hand as he found his place and slid into it, trusting Temp to take the stool like she'd said she would.

The Semblance of Unity

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces