Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:11 pm
"Renard said this book was left behind by his 'other self.' But Aleksy, who knows the Renard of this reality, is confident it isn't his."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:29 pm
Jeremiah blinked at hearing that, fingers running along the edge of the book. "That's- Well, Aleksy would know. He's one of our few knowledgeable connections to this world. Though I am not sure how I feel about a third Renard ..."

Would it really be that surprising in the end? Renard was a ridiculously powerful magic-user.

cibarium

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:54 am
"You remember the way he talks about Sonny, that I mentioned?" Eve continued. "He repeated the line about how he didn't want them. At first I thought..."

She paused, shook her head. Part of her still believed the parent-child relationship there was complicated, if not unhealthy. It was uncomfortable ground for either her or Jeremiah to dwell on much. "My--"

And Eve stopped again, taking a short breath to correct herself. "When Ezra became a Noble, he was a different age than the body he has now." Casually saying my son in reference to Ezra, in front of Jeremiah, felt wrong; disrespectful even. "Melany's circumstances are unusual, too... in a similar way, I think. So the possibility doesn't seem too far-fetched to me, with all that in mind."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:04 pm
"Yet he cares about Sunny," Jeremiah replied, "or, at least, bringing justice to the ones who killed her." If only because Renard had made his point to Shun that they would do something of he would do something.

His lips pressed together in a thin line, if only because of the dangerous ground that was their familial relationships with those that they had met. "Well ... from what I've been able to discern, I'm not exactly as old as I should be." A hand was held out across the table for Eve to take if she wanted. "The Jeremiah Mercer I replaced was born a few years before I was." Lucky that he kept that beard and after certain age, one did not necessarily notice as much.

"But it doesn't seem that far-fetched, no. There's- I know how Minerva Mercer is related to me, though I don't know if it stands to be the same all the time." Jeremiah let out a breath. "She's my half-sister." A pause. "Same father." Which Eve knew about Piers and the complete and utter waste of existence that he was. "So anything is truly possible at this point, especially given with magic involved."

cibarium

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:23 pm
Eve arched a brow with curiosity when Minerva came up, and in spite of the stress and mystery there must have been around her still, she was a little amused.

"That means you both escaped him," she offered. "I take that as a point in her favor. And I hope you take that input into advisement, as current records show my wife and I are both older than you."

Playful again. But it made sense. Otherwise they would have been teen moms.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:48 pm
Jeremiah let out a huff of breath, his usual near laugh of amusement. "A twist of fate that now you're a few years my elder."

Shaking his head he nodded in agreement. "I do take it that way but she has been missing for years, not yet proclaimed dead, whereas Pride - Jennifer Wells - and Pax -Zhou Ming - are both dead.

"Yet I knew her, Eve, because she is a Mercer and Piers was divorced by my mother years ago." Eve knew the strangeness of his family, how the women never took the husband's name. Minerva, born from Piers and an unknown woman, would not have been a Mercer at all.

cibarium

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:14 pm
"There's too many of these details." Eve shook her head wearily, having passed up the offer for a hand hold: she was too busy, already thumbing through the grimoire for a new puzzle to tackle. "All these family ties. I'm still trying to decide if it's worth tracking down Jenny and Dylan, if they're still around. When I'm done with..."

She gave a sweeping gesture to the book and the array of papers around it. "All this."

Eventually she would get too engrossed to add much more to the conversation -- something that happened every once in a while -- but that didn't make either of them bad company.

azuredreams
fin :3

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas