Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] with taste and scent (algie & jeremiah) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:04 am
Biscuit stealing got a pinch to the side with a touch of chill, Jeremiah crookedly smiling at him (it was playful) before setting everything down. "More than likely but I'm not exactly sure how to broach the subject with her without things seeming odd?" Especially given Jeremiah probably did talk to her about it but he wasn't that Jeremiah anymore. "It's bad enough of the Ashley and Nando are already suspicious we're planning something."

Since they knew both Algie and Jeremiah well and could tell something was off. The fact of the matter was that it had been strange to come to the new world and learn that everyone knew about magic and Ashley worked in the magitech field to help create and make new technology.

"It's related to other ashdown, I believe, her disappearance along with the death of Jennifer Wells and Zhou Ming." Jeremiah sighed. "Threatening letters were sent to the Salem PD and the last one stated Jennifer was killed and was delivered with Minerva's tongue."

Why did she always lose her tongue?

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:45 pm
Alg wriggled to the pinch with a small sound as he crunched away at the biscuit.

"When has missing, dismembered and murdered teenagers not involved other ashdown?" Alg said very plainly. It shouldn't have been as dry as he'd said it, detached to the point of it being a wry amusement. But at this juncture there was no point being hung up on otherwordly deaths long past.. the trick was holding off the ones that could be on the horizon.

"Why letters?" That seemed odd, like a serial killer profile, "Our murders weren't so... showy." Of course he meant the ones from their original world.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:38 pm
"I've no idea," Jeremiah admitted, "but the parchment gave no clues and the text was similar to lettering on a digital clock. Part of me wants to say that magic likely created them but I am not sure why they were delivered to the Salem PD, other than keeping Jeremiah," the one he had replaced, "out of it."

Things set down, he was pouring them both cups of tea.

"The other part is that it does reek of a serial killer. Someone that has been around for a while."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:49 am
"It's odd," Alg agreed, "Between Salem and the letters. Do you think any of our shady characters would delve into serial murder as a public point?" A point and not a means to an end.

Alg accepted his tea when Jeremiah finished and found his spot to settle into.

"We've been led along a trail of low key killings, and some we know of not even public knowledge," He scratched his head, mussing his hair but never smoothing it, "Do you think it's worth pursuing the minutiae in these cases though?" Even if it did have to do with Minerva..

There was just so much else going on.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:40 pm
"It's tied to Sunny's death, Alg, so ..." It was worth pursuing because it was, at this point, potentially his livelihood at stake. "The words on the letters left at the Salem PD and the words used in those text messages ... 'They bargained with death for life.'"

Jeremiah had his theories, had his thoughts about it. "This is something that has gone on for a while, I think, but how they are tied up in it and why, I've no idea."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:04 am
"I know.." He sighed. Unfortunately the magical world details often overshadowed those problems of the real world. He already know people who were letting their lives in this world 'slip' due to the duties on the other side. Jeremiah wasn't one of them of course, neither was Alg, but it was sometimes easy to forget how the problems of both could overlap.

The words had him puzzling slightly, "Perhaps the words mean more about what was done-" The cage. The charter. Sacrifices made, deals done and magical arrangements put together, "Than their murders."

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:21 pm
"Perhaps but the words were used in reference to Sunny's death. Texted from Sonny, in fact. That we - those of us that went into the void, I assume - bargained with death for life." His fingers rubbed against the side of his neck. "There is also the matter that someone similarly killed a young woman back in the '20s. Carved into her chest was Revelations 9: 1 - 2."

Fingers tapped against his notebook. "That particular verse could be seen as describing the fall of Lucifer." Jeremiah knowing that meant he had to have put in more research into the Bible than he probably liked. Religion and Jeremiah were not things that got along.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:08 am
"So someone sending a message across the cycles?" Alg frowned, "Or someone wanting attention?" Or both of course. Alg wasn't the detective of course and these things, especially with the cycles and timelines, tended to confuse him. He didn't see the means to an end here. He didn't see the benefit.

"Perhaps you should be looking into who is the most prone to quoting the bible... there's a level of unparalleled self righteousness there to do so.." More of a killer's profile than the minutiae of how or why.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:04 pm
"That is part of the plan," Jeremiah sighed. "The idea that there's someone zealous behind all of this is not entirely an idea I am fond of." Mostly due to the fact that a zealot would be a forced to be reckoned with in a world where your will gave shape to things.

"It may also lead the case away from myself as a possible suspect, though explaining that it matches a MO of nearly a hundred years ago will be hard to do."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:49 am
"Haven't we heard there may be older things than we know of?" In a world where magic was real, even before cages and sigils, was there simply more? Were there powers they hadn't even touched on?

Alg just sighed and concentrated on his tea. And then food because.. well.. food.

"It never ends," He said finally, though not in a depressing way. More as a simple fact, "There's always a threat."

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:27 pm
"Exactly," Jeremiah sighed. "The problem I am running into is that without the existence of the cage, why are Renard and Liam long-lived? Why does Sonny even exist if Sunny was born because of the original cage ..."

Another set of questions.

"Despite that this world is not tied to the cage, nor the cycles, I find myself thinking that one was created all the same. The people just are not aware of it."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:01 am
"So we should be going above their heads perhaps?" How does one even..? Or perhaps more conversation needed to be had with them in particular.

"I feel as if only Liam or Renard could tell us what it was like before," Maybe Silk but she seemed to have a limited knowledge of certain things beyond her 'pay grade'. "But even then it may simply be limited to whatever existence they themselves were trapped in."

Perhaps they were the simply players, not catalysts so much as everyone thought, whose mess they were all cleaning up still.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:37 am
"I've plans to speak to Renard, I am merely leary of doing so given that he is ..." Jeremiah sighed. "He essentially spoke to Shun and told him to work the case or he would do something to find the murderer." Which went unspoken that it was an open threat to do something or else.

"We may simply be without as aside from the library, those that have lived a significant amount of time do not remember everything."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:24 am
"It may be for the best then. To go to him directly, especially if you are concerned that fingers point at you, to waylay the concern with what you really know," And that Jeremiah wasn't the serial killer type.

"Unless you still think it is.." Alg frowned, "But I have a hard time seeing you as a serial killer type. You'd dissolve a body before you left it out for show.." He chuckled. Perhaps the gallows humor was inappropriate but whatever.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:06 pm
Jeremiah snorted. "I don't believe it was him," the man he had replaced, "but that doesn't mean Renard does not believe so." Never mind that he had told Sunny that whatever was needed, whether that was protect her or kill her, he would do. Not that she had taken the deal but it had been said all the same.

"... and, yes, you are right." Dissolving a body. "However, this does seem to be for show, that it was meant to be seen." Jeremiah made a face about that, though he did chuckle a little at the gallows humor.

"More things to deal with. Never a moment's peace." Jeremiah leaned towards Algie then, a sigh escaping. "Perhaps an early night, precious? A lie-in with the cats and put something on upstairs and relax while we still can."

Before they started working on whatever they would be speaking about at this conference.

iloveyouDIE

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces