Reply ashdown
[PRP] Running into Trouble (Nasir/Kaleb) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:30 pm
Kaleb nodded. He was definitely a believer in logical reasons, even applied to such illogical and abstract concepts such as magic.

"Do you know if it's possible to have more than one familiar? Or... develop that magic without a specific familiar? It seems like it would be scary powerful that way." Suddenly something else came to mind, causing Kaleb to jump tracks entirely. "You said earlier it's easier over here, what's it like being able to actually do magic on our side?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:51 am
"Um, I know someone who has a familiar and a mental bond with an otherbeing? I don't know if it's two familiar bonds though or if you could take control of an animal without it ..." Nasir rubbed a hand across his jaw, thinking carefully. Anything was possible, he supposed. "You can pick out a familiar? My boyfriend and his pet ferret, for example. He's working on forming the bond."

Shifting a little, his eyes flicking down to Trouble and then back to Kaleb, Nasir bit at his bottom lip before speaking. "You mean being a warg, right? That magic can get really tiring. It used to be worse, before the world changed, but it kind of feels like ... I just did one of my finals at college. The kind of headache you get from over exerting your brain."

Grey Dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:05 pm
"Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to see that magic." Kaleb smiled, wondering if his abilities would be able to tell one type of bond from another. "I wish I knew more magical people too, there are just so many things to learn... I feel like I have a lot of catching up to do."

The headache analogy was one Kaleb could understand all too well, even a real bookworm such as himself was not immune to eyestrain and mental fatigue. Even the finals at the end of his first college semester had taken him somewhat off guard. They were longer and far more demanding than what he had encountered in high school, plus he had done more anxious preparation than necessary given what had occurred immediately beforehand. November was always a bit of a sobering memory.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to impose or anything, asking you to show me things out of the blue like this... I'll try not to ask so many questions, I promise!" Kaleb said quickly. He really had no idea how to get along with people, and was suddenly very nervous he might have crossed a line without realizing it.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:03 pm
"Are you- um, I don't really pay attention but are you on the listserv? You can use that if you want to reach out to other magic users and find out things. Like I'm going to put together this, I guess a guide, for people who are interested in wargs? Not necessarily even if you want to become one but ... information about it." Since there was not a lot about that was known, Nasir figured that it would be something that would bevery helpful.

He blinked at Kaleb, reaching forward to grab his hand and give it a reassuring squeeze. "It's okay! Really! If it was a problem or anything, I'd say something, okay? I kind of ... I guess I may not have wanted to get involved in the beginning but I like having magic and helping others. It makes it worth it for me."

Grey Dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:13 pm
If Nasir's words alone had left room for Kaleb to have doubts, the reassuring hand squeeze was more than capable of filling the gap. It was like a jump-start for his fading courage. He squeezed back for a second in appreciation of the gesture, and then let go.

"I wouldn't want you to get a headache on my account, even if it's easier to avoid it over here," Kaleb admitted, but he could see where Nasir was coming from. Both the reluctance to get involved, and the desire to do something good for someone else. Often in his case too, the latter won out. Just like it had with the wallet.

He smiled a bit sheepishly. "I did join it, the listserv. It got a bit scary though, and I'm not sure communicating that way is any easier than meeting someone in person... I would be really interested in reading your guide though, when you finish it."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:36 pm
"I don't really get them here, so it's alright. You don't have to worry about it, alright?" When Nasir pulled his hand back, he brushed his thumb across Trouble's head with a fond look before looking back at Kaleb. "I can't honestly remember ever getting one here I just know it might."

He was quiet a moment before he nodded. "Yeah, the listserv is a bit scary," he admitted, "and so is a lot of the stuff that is going on right now but ..." A smile was given. "I'm definitely working on that guide so I can share it with everyone."

Grey Dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:32 pm
Kaleb nodded, if it wasn't a common occurrence he wouldn't worry as much. It was inevitable that he would worry a little, but hopefully it could slip peacefully into the gentle background worry and not trouble him so acutely.

He let out a little sigh. "I want to learn more. Everything got a lot more frightening when I got involved with magic, but things also got more amazing. That bond between you and Trouble is amazing, being able to sense it is amazing. Already all the magic I've felt has been so different, it's like an entirely different world. Or maybe just experiencing the world all over again, but brand new."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:18 pm
"Yeah, it's a bit like that. There's all this out here that we can learn and experience because ... this isn't the world we grew up in. Magic is just something else to study and grow to understand." Nasir was smiling still, hands smoothing along his thighs a moment.

"It's kind of amazing, all of it. It's scary, there's bad sides to it, but there's so much potential for good."

Grey Dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:30 pm
"I guess physics and chemistry must have been pretty scary too, before there were people who knew how to study it, and preserve the knowledge so it could be built upon..." Kaleb seemed to find his own smile again, shy as it was. He couldn't get discouraged just because magic wasn't written in a textbook.

"If there's anything I can help with, if you are documenting some of this magic stuff..." He paused to try and find the words. "That... potential for good, it sounds really wonderful."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:17 pm
"Well, magic is kind of ... science we don't understand yet, you know? People probably thought physic and chemistry were magic at first." Nasir's own smile was reassuring and encouraging.

"I'm trying to document things about wargs actually. Kind of a guide for people to be able to read and learn about so that we're not all so lost." His face heated a moment but it faded. "... because I want to help the 'potential for good'. I feel like we kind of need it with all the other stuff that happens."

Grey Dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:33 pm
"Sometimes I wonder if science can even touch magic right now," Kaleb mused. "I've given it some thought, but we don't have specific tools that can measure magic as a substance or form of energy. Measuring the result of magic might be feasible, like a lot of research in Psychology, but it too would be difficult with such a small sample size..."

Clearly Kaleb had put more than a little thought into the matter, and the moment he began wandering back into those thoughts there was a visible distance in his expression. He snapped out if it almost abruptly.

"Thank you again, for showing me your magic, I really appreciate it," Kaleb said quickly. "Maybe if I keep observing things, I'll find out something that helps too."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:13 pm
"There's, um, magitech research and courses you can take? I believe they're working on things like that and you don't even need magic to be able to work or help create stuff that runs on magic. It's really interesting." Nasir also apparently had put thought into it himself. Mostly because there were magitech things that could be bought for his kitchen.

He smiled at Kaleb a moment later and shook his head. "Any time. I don't mind sharing if it means you'll understand too, you know? Do you still want me to show you the other magic I have started to do?"

Grey Dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:22 pm
"Yes please!" Kaleb sat up straight, eager to see those hand gestures Nasir had spoken of. And also to learn a bit more about magitech. He had heard the word mentioned once or twice before, but only had the most vague idea of what it might entail.

"Magitech does sound pretty neat, I would love to see how that works too. Is it just magic powered, or does it use magical spells and things to make stuff happen?" Kaleb had little use for kitchen tools, but he could always dream of a bookshelf that never got full.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:06 pm
"Just pick some place that you know is here on this side? If it's a place I don't know, that's even better." Mostly because this particular spell worked best when he had an idea of where he was wanting to go (even if he did not know where it was).

Nasir fidgeted with a hair clip, pausing as he thought about what he knew about magitech. "I think it's more ... they're fueled by magic? I don't know if it's magic like how we have magic ..." Nasir's nose wrinkled up. "People keep thinking our magic is like Harry Potter when it's really that we have specialized abilities."

Grey Dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:52 pm
Kaleb's eyebrows drew together slightly as he thought about possible locations. He was not exactly the exploring type, but on this side he had been forced to wander in search of a way back.

"There's a place that looked like a department store, with a couple creepy mannequins in the front window... Does that work?" Normally Kaleb had no issue with mannequins, but those two had looked like they were peering out and waiting for someone.

"I've read some pretty awful books about magic recently," Kaleb agreed. "But it's pretty rare for someone to have magic outside Ashdown, right?"

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces