Patricia C. Wrede Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hail to the dragon...
  ...king
  ...queen
  dragons?!? tsh! im rooting for the wizards!
View Results

Quilue Lamia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:03 pm
Wissakins
Of all the oddities, my mother recently threw The Enchanted Forest Chronicles into my lap and said "You should read these." So I started it today. I'm already hooked. How can you not love a princess who volunteers to work for a dragon?

I agree with you!! haha. It's really out of the ordinary, and i just love it.
Ive never read any of her other books though, sadly. I guess I'm going to have to get on that!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:43 pm
Quilue Lamia
I agree with you!! haha. It's really out of the ordinary, and i just love it.
Ive never read any of her other books though, sadly. I guess I'm going to have to get on that!

I recommend Sorcery and Cecilia. Or whatever the other title is, something about an enchanted chocolate pot.  

NightIntent
Captain

FaeDreamer

Dapper Gaian

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:03 pm
The Enchanted Forest Chronicles has a very special place in my heart. Gawsh, it was many years ago when I was a young kid and lived in a tiny singlewide trailer with my mom and stepdad, in a really bad neighborhood and wasn't allowed to go outside much, I picked up a wonderful book about a very willful princess and a bunch of dragons and wizards... 4laugh

Many years later when I was in a much better situation I read another book, which I later found out was the last book in the series (that was really interesting reading after having no real prior knowledge of what happened before Daystar wandered into the forest [was kind of like I was seeing it from his point of view]) I eventually realized that there was a whole series and have since devoured many many times my wonderfully battered box set (it now has a place of honor on the shelf).

SO ANYWAYS...the point is I heart love heart that series.

I've also read some of her other books, but it seems I've missed a few so I'll have to look into them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:05 pm
I love the first enchanted forest chronicles books about cimermone. I like the last one, but I feel that there was something missing in the last one. I don't know. i just might be bias about Cimermone. I love Meldanbar's first reaction to her in the second book. She always pulls out all the good things out of him and makes him stretch himself in the story. I love Kazul too. She's awesome.  

Daffy16

Suta_Hisui

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:33 am
Enchanted forest Chronicles: OMIFRIGGINGOD. First time I read that series, I think I busted my lower intestine from laughing so hard.

Unfortunately, that's the only work of hers that my library has. crying

However (and I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet), if you want more of her books, you can ask your librarian to order them for you from ILL(inter library loan). It usually takes 2-4 weeks to come in, and books start showing up on the database 6 months-ish after they're published.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:44 pm
The Enchanted forest series rocks!!!
I love the bunny-donkey named Killer!!!
Good stuff xd  

Bun-Chan

LadyMarcy

6,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:47 pm
Love the Enchanted Forest series! I fell in love with those books a bit ago. Also read Sorcery and Cecil heart

But the book I love the most by her is Snow White and Red Rose. It's her own version of a small Grimm Brother's tale and involves Fairie Princes, romance, Elizabeth I time era, magical herbs, Dr. Dee and and some mischief makers. It is AWESOME.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:25 pm
Wrede is one of my favorite authors but i have only read her Enchanted Forest series. i can not get my hands on any of her others crying crying  

babie3000

Suta_Hisui

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:24 pm
babie3000
Wrede is one of my favorite authors but i have only read her Enchanted Forest series. i can not get my hands on any of her others crying crying
Once again, I believe that ILL would aid you immensely. 3nodding  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces