azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:33 pm
"Well then what's your favorite kind of chili? How spicy do you like things?" Something about that hair toss got a particularly wide smile from Nasir.

More so when Trouble was inching closer, while still trying to nibble his treats, for scratches.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:45 pm
"I like sweet chili," said Sonny. They gathered some of Trouble's treats into their hand, and lifted him carefully up for more scritches. "With the kind of spicy that kicks you in the teeth after like three spoonfuls."

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:33 pm
Nasir laughed. "So you should try what I make for Wil then. I have to make him things like that. Sweet but then the spicy sneaks up on you after you're a few bites in- a complete surprise."

Trouble followed the treats right into Sonny's hand, tail flicking and then curling again as he made appropriately cute little noises for the scritches.

He was quiet a moment, smiling as he watched his familiar in Sonny's hand. "I think I have a kind of weird question."

shibrogane
i am worst, i did not know i missed this

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:42 pm
"Sure," said Sonny, "What's up?"

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:30 pm
"It's about magic," Nasir admitted, looking at Trouble as he got scritches from Sonny. "Why do some of us get it and not others?" A sheepish smile was given.

"Been on my mind lately, especially since I became a warg." Though he meant magical in general, not having become a warg.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:36 pm
"I don't know," said Sonny thoughtfully. "Could be any number of reasons. It's not genetic for sure, though. I mean, twins are generally all or nothing insofar as magic, but... that's the only case where one person having magic means another will."

They paused in their scratching of Trouble. "I mean, everyone is capable of interacting with magic inside the otherworld, and there's even evidence that passing magic between people is possible even if the receiver doesn't have magic of their own or the capability to learn it... But some people will never gain it on their own. I've never looked into it."

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:47 pm
"Passing magic between people? Like sharing your magic or ... ?" Nasir asked, fidgeting with a hair clip before he stopped himself.

"Guess that makes sense about twins. I mean, twins are already kind of magic without magic." A lopsided grin was given. "Grew up around some."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:26 am
"Sure," said Sonny. "Crafting magic to let someone else do a specific piece of magic that you're really familiar with is a thing."

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:57 pm
"That someone has to already be magical though, right?" Nasir was actually curious about this now. "If I knew something specific, I could share it with them and enable them to do it?"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:26 pm
"I don't understand," said Sonny, wrinkling her nose at Nasir. "You can share your magic with someone nonmagical, or teach magic to someone magical. But you couldn't share your magic in a way that gives a nonmagical person the ability to use magic separately from the magic you can do. Father would know more about that."

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:26 pm
"Sorry, I think I misunderstood a little," Nasir said, a little apologetically. "Some of this is still new and I don't know a lot." Which he didn't but what Sonny was saying made sense, at least.

"I just never thought about sharing magic with someone else. It seems kind of intimate." Then, of course, his face went a little red because of his word choice. "I guess that's based on how magic feels to a person, though."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:34 pm
"It is," said Sonny. "Papa and Father did it. You usually only do it with people you really trust."

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:59 pm
"Oh!" Hearing that it was Papa and Father made things make more sense. It was something one did with a spouse or a partner or someone else who was trusted above all else.

"Do you know much about it then? Um, like where I could read about it?" Mostly because somehow the idea of sharing magic seemed- Well, nice came to mind but he couldn't think of another word at the moment.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:44 pm
Sonny thought about it for a moment. "I could ask Father if I could borrow one of his books on it," they said. "It's not something I'll ever get to use. It's too dangerous."

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:35 am
"Would that be alright? I am interested in it but ..." Nasir's nose wrinkled up. "Well, a lot of magic can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing."

shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces